(Topic ID: 111210)

Dilemma: Buy a TWDLE without playing it first?

By Tazmancat

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by T7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 9 years ago

Am I the only TWDLE owner that thinks the game is "just ok"?

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Mine came with wonky flippers and switched that needed adjusting so I started out mad at the game. All I posted was how dumb it was.
Now I am totally turned around and rank it up there with ACDC (I know not your fave as well) and MET. To me great games. Its different, which is a good break up. Amazing theme and fun shots. It really challenges me. I now play it like crazy!

I think I like acdc quite a bit better to be honest. I think ACDC is a great game. Just a bit overrated my pinsiders who can't see any of its flaws.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are plenty of flaws on both but who gives a flying F. They are FUN as ______.

I dunno. Some of those flaws make the games more frustrating than fun. Twd pops area for example can be a source of unfun. The rubber fix I added helps with pop exits SDTM but it doesn't solve it. A lot of pops exits hit the rubber and head to the left outlane. Honestly I wish the game had no pops. Then I think I would love it.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Easy fix on pops. Loosen switches to make them less sensitive or in your case unplug em?
Not bothering me. In fact, I nudge the pin to try to maximize my pop countdowns for don't open dead inside walker release.

It's not an easy fix because the problem is the way the ball exits from the area. Your suggestions just get the ball to exit from the area sooner and has nothing to do with how the ball exits from. Not having pops assumes the ball gates are routed in such a way for smooth ball flow. Not clunky draining exits that land on slingshots.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I was joking. Not clunky at all. You need to nudge this game. You need to manipulate the ball more than just standing there waiting for it to roll to you.
I recall when Tron came out. Game is too fast. Too many SDTM's from spinning disc. Gem shot sucks. Game is a turd. Yada yada.
I haven't been challenged in a pinball game like this since I sold my TRON LE.
You have two or three horrible games, you warm up to it, then you find yourself stacking modes and having a blast. Design is brutal and entertaining. I guess lots of players aren't into challenging pins.

Yea I am not looking for game play tips or easier games. I've put scores up > 200 mil on it. I'm saying that I am not in love with this game because it is often too frustrating and that if say the pops didn't exist and were replaced by a ball guide that kept the ball in proper flow I think the game would be more fun. "Nudge the machine more" isn't really a response to that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 26.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 8.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dilemma-buy-a-wdle-without-playing-it-first?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.