(Topic ID: 111210)

Dilemma: Buy a TWDLE without playing it first?

By Tazmancat

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by T7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Not a good idea. And loving the theme does not say much, cause the game could be any zombiethemed pin with AMC on it. Its not well integrated, the theme.
It looks like alot of people like it. I dont, at all.
Best is to play it yourself and then make up your mind.

I've had some plays on it now, and I like it better. Especially the LE. Decent enough game to play, fun stacking the multiballs, and I'm sure the code will get better.

That being said - and in the wake of watching the Walking Dead finale last night - can't emphasize enough how badly they flubbed the theme integration. The pinball machine just doesn't come anywhere near getting the mood right. As I've said before, it isn't even the lack of actual actors or show sound clips. They didn't need that to get the correct atmosphere of the show.

They really blew it, and that isn't gonna change without major changes to the code - the kind of major changes we've never seen on a Stern before. If you are a huge fan of the show and that's the reason you want to buy this game sight unseen, I think buying it would be a huge mistake and a big letdown.

If you just think zombies are cool and wanna roll the dice you'll still end up with a fun game.

And if it doesn't work out, be prepared to lose a grand or two when you sell it, which has been the fate of many LE buyers over the past few years.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

^^^
Truth.
I got in about 10 games of TWD the other day, and was really surprised to have about 1/8 of my plunges go SDTM. One time, it auto-saved the ball and repeated the SDTM.
-mof

Haven't noticed this issue on my location LE game. Stuff like this can often be fixed by adjusting/leveling etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.95
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dilemma-buy-a-wdle-without-playing-it-first?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.