By SarverSystems

4 months ago

Stats

• 56 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by SarverSystems
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG011.jpg
    IMG01.jpg
    02 (resized).jpg
    01 (resized).jpg
    BrianWIeczorek-DSO328-8 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-9 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-7 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-4 (resized).jpg
    BrianWIeczorek-DSO328-6 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-5 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-1 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-3 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-2 (resized).jpg
    eb65c65dbbdb79f4c3518e8c8daca6f0066f6929 (resized).jpg
    E3169-1-DSO18-1.pdf (PDF preview)
    02.jpg

There are 56 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 months ago

Hey everyone, I just purchased a DSO328 digital oscilloscope DIY kit from Ebay.
    I enjoy assembling things, so I opted for the kit version which requires all of the through-hole parts to be soldered.

However, it did not come with any assembly instructions of any kind.
    I have no idea what resistor goes where. And the board isn't marked with values.

I googled until google finally gave up and refused to admit the thing even exists, other than some Ebay listings.

I checked JYETech's website, but their website makes no mention of the part number.

I'm totally out of options, and I'm hoping to avoid filing a claim with Ebay because of a stupid piece of paper.
    I've contacted the seller with no reply yet.

I'm wondering if anyone else has purchased one, and if it came with instructions.
    Or of a website I can get the instructions.

#2 4 months ago

Is this what your scope looks like?

IMG_20180120_092353723 (resized).jpg

#3 4 months ago

@sarversystems all the smd stuff is done right? Just thru hole to do? All I can find is pics.
    -Mike

HTB1KqQacBLN8KJjSZFPq6xoLXXan (resized).jpg

#5 4 months ago

The pic I showed you is the underside. Look carefully and you will see they match.I did compare the ebay listing and all those dso328's are the same board.
    -Mike

#6 4 months ago

Take a look at the pics in this ebay listing.
    ebay.com link » Dso328 Lcd Oscilloscope Diy Kit Tester 1msps 200khz Bandwidth Replace Dso138 311 You can pretty much build it by looking at a magnified pic.
    -Mike

#7 4 months ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Take a look at the pics in this ebay listing.
    ebay.com link » Dso328 Lcd Oscilloscope Diy Kit Tester 1msps 200khz Bandwidth Replace Dso138 311
    You can pretty much build it by looking at a magnified pic.
    -Mike

I apologize, I don't have the board in front of me, I was trying to go by memory of what it looked like. The BNC connector is what threw me off.

I wonder if those caps are all the same values.
    The resistors look like they are legible enough to figure out.

#8 3 months ago

Unfortunately I cant see the resistor color bands well enough in that pic, and unfortunately that is the best pic I can find of this assembly.

I've requested a refund, a replacement kit that contains instructions, or a set of instructions from the seller.

No word yet, but I have my finger on the "file a claim" button on Ebay if I don't hear anything soon.
    The seller did respond with a "look on the internet for instructions".
    Well, I'd do that if such a thing existing on the internet. Impossible to find.

#9 3 months ago
    Quoted from SarverSystems:

Unfortunately I cant see the resistor color bands well enough in that pic, and unfortunately that is the best pic I can find of this assembly.
    I've requested a refund, a replacement kit that contains instructions, or a set of instructions from the seller.
    No word yet, but I have my finger on the "file a claim" button on Ebay if I don't hear anything soon.
    The seller did respond with a "look on the internet for instructions".
    Well, I'd do that if such a thing existing on the internet. Impossible to find.

I searched too. About the only place the 328 appears is on eBay. And no links to any websites.

#10 3 months ago
    #11 3 months ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Found this link, possibly might work?
    http://akizukidenshi.com/download/ds/jye/UserManual_138_new_s.pdf

Unfortunately that's the model that this model replaced. Totally different design.

JYETech doesn't admit this thing even exists.

#12 3 months ago

Got it, I missed that, so there is this 328 version being sold which says it is the replacement for the 138. I did find the JYETech website, and they have lots of nice info and docs there. But like you said, nothing on the 328. No products listed, and nothing in their forums either. Strange. Is it possible that this is a completely counterfeit thing made by another Chinese company? Did you try emailing JYETech to see what they might say?

https://www.jyetech.com/Support/Store.php

Those DSO328s are all over Aliexpress also. No information about where they come from though, or instructions.

#13 3 months ago

In all honesty, I have a feeling I just happened to get one with no assembly instructions.

If the Ebay seller would just get off his ass and rip open another one sitting on the shelf to see if the instructions are in it, that would be great.

Otherwise, every one of these kits is going to get returned because there's no way to know what resistor goes where.
    And less experienced electronics hobbyists will need to know where the other parts go as well.

But yeah, I think this probably is some kind of knock-off mainly because I don't see the JYETech logo on the board.

#14 3 months ago

Screenshot_20170402-081413 (resized).png

#15 3 months ago

Hi,
    I have a same problem: My DSO328 digital oscilloscope DIY kit (Ebay) is also without assembly manual.

I've been comunicating with my ebay seller since 5th January - they have tried contact supplier for assembly manual, but so far no success.

I googled also for several hours without success - there are only offers from buyers, but no assembly instructions.
    IMHO this DSO328 is some kind of chinese copy of JYETech's oscilloscopes.

If somebody has assembled version of DSO328, it will be nice to have high res pictures - especially cap sizes.

In attachement detailed photos of my DSO328 digital oscilloscope PCB.

01.jpg

02.jpg

#16 3 months ago

Most of the parts are self explanatory, such as the switches, but the resistors are what concern me the most.

The caps' position and polarity is marked, but I didn't check to see if they were all the same value.
    If they are, we're good to go for the caps.

#17 3 months ago

The electrolytics caps are same value: 5x 100uF 16V, but ceramic caps are different sizes and values (smaller: 2x 232, 1x 331. bigger: 1x 104 and 1x 1__ printing on this one not finished.)

#18 3 months ago

I don't think it's a one-off that you didn't receive instructions.
    I just created an account to mention that I also received a kit last week with no assembly instructions. It did, however, include usage instructions. I contacted the seller and requested instructions, but they only sent me the same usage instructions again. Once I mentioned again that I needed instructions on how to put it together, they responded by telling me that this was all they had.
    Everything on the board is self explanatory except for the resistors and ceramic caps.
    This seems to be a new product, and no instructions or clear pictures of the assembled product seem to exist online yet.

#19 3 months ago

Thank you for that info.

I have a feeling these sellers are going to be seeing a rash of returns.

If I don't hear from my seller tomorrow, I'll be filing a claim.

#20 3 months ago

I'll buy an assembled kit, then <insert dave Jones voice>take it apaht! <end dave Jones voice> and post some pics of it assembled.

#21 3 months ago

But did you buy it from the US?

When I checked to see how much it would cost to ship a bunch of bootleg parts back to China, it was $19.00 via USPS. For $22 in product refund. So I just left negative feedback. I was hoping for prepaid return, but that didn't happen.

#22 3 months ago

Not quite a Heathkit, eh?

#23 3 months ago

I've frequently had china ebay purchasses simply refund or re send when there is a problem without asking for a return ... but, I also had one time where they wanted item back and it was going to cost wayyy more to return ship than item cost.

Sucks to have such a stupid problem. Hope it gets resolved easily.

I bought a slightly different one (red board) off china bay a while back. Mine was fully assembled, but came with color step by step for population of pcb (in case you purchased as kit)...

When I first saw this post, I thought I was going to be able to help, but looks like you have a newer version.

Hope you get it resolved...certainly post the outcome in case it may help others, as I'm guessing there are a lot of people buying similar items.

#24 3 months ago

It funny, I checked a number of eBay Auctions and everyone I opened has 5 units for sale and zero sold. So, not sure how many people are effected yet.

There is a youTube video supposedly for the DSO328 but is is listed as a DS0238. But the board looks like the 138 (slide switch version).

It seems odd there is no single website world wide that has some form of documentation for it. Certainly, someone wants to fly under the radar.

Here is the manual for the SainSmart slide switch 238 version.

http://repository.sainsmart.com/index.php?share/file&user=sainsmart_wiki&sid=nMuOQWKx

#25 3 months ago

I have absolutely no intentions of shipping anything back.

This is a seller's problem not a buyer's problem.

The auction I bought from clearly states instructions are included.

#26 3 months ago

If the assembly instructions were not included, then yes, you have a seller problem.

#27 3 months ago

Same problem here.

#28 3 months ago

Ebay sided with me (of course) and I was issued a full refund, including shipping cost.

So, as I see it, you have 2 options.

#1: ask ebay for a full refund
    #2: wait until I buy the fully assembled kit, wait for it to arrive, and wait for me to take it apart and post pics.

My suggestion? Both of the above.

#29 3 months ago

Yeh, but is anyone selling the fully assembled version?

#30 3 months ago

Most everyone has it for sale assembled or unassembled. Or as they have it listed: "welded".

#31 3 months ago

What would you be using it for?

#32 3 months ago

I ordered a replacement unit from another seller (also in China, since nobody in the US is carrying it yet).

Once it arrives, I will take some pics of the assembled board and post it here.

I'll also create a parts list for the through-hole parts.

#33 3 months ago

So I'm trying to get my refund through, and after explaining multiple times that I need -assembly- instructions (even going as far as translating it into Chinese), they sent me these schematics.
    I'm at work right now, so I haven't had the chance to compare this to the actual board yet. But just going by the filename I'm guessing that this isn't for the correct board.

E3169-1-DSO18-1.pdf

#34 3 months ago

That doesn't look like it.
    -Mike

#35 3 months ago

Ebay has some buyer protections... looks like you are aggressively looking for solutions before using it. But it might be a good idea to start the dispute process with ebay.

#36 3 months ago

The hell with this Chinese junk. Return it and buy something from Fluke or Tektronix. You get what you pay for.

#37 3 months ago

Yeah, it looks like it's for a different board. I bought mine off of aliexpress. I've already started the dispute process. The way it works on aliexpress is that the seller has a few days to either make it right, offer a proposal, or both sides come to some agreement before the site steps in and completes the process. I just have to wait four more days at this point...

You're definitely right. But, I bought this as a fun little project to put together. The finished product was literally a dollar or two more than the kit. Never would have guessed that it would have come with absolutely nothing in regards to instructions.

#38 3 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The hell with this Chinese junk. Return it and buy something from Fluke or Tektronix. You get what you pay for.

In general, yes, you get what you pay for, and this kit is junk. Maybe once they get it together, it might be useful, but it's probably more of a project.

A Fluke or Tektronix, however, is out of the price range that most pinball hobbyists are going to be willing to pay. A quick look does show an entry level scope (TBS1032B) that I was not aware of that is getting close at $470 for something that will do everything you will need in pinball.
    https://www.tek.com/datasheet/digital-storage-oscilloscopes-14

For home, I bought a Hantek scope for half that price, and I do not regret it. We wouldn't be caught dead with one in our lab at work, but for working on pinball machines at home, I think it's great.
    amazon.com link »

#39 3 months ago

You can also get nice working vintage test equipment for reasonable prices with a bit of effort.

eb65c65dbbdb79f4c3518e8c8daca6f0066f6929 (resized).jpg

#40 3 months ago

^ thems some nice screwdrivers you got there........

#41 3 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

^ thems some nice screwdrivers you got there........

Yep remember those? I need to get a new pic, this bench is expanded now with a rack and I have those screwdrivers nicely mounted on the side.

1 week later
    #42 3 months ago

Got my replacement in the mail today!

Give me a day or 2 to get it taken apart and some pics taken.

I'll post here.

#43 3 months ago

OK folks, here it is!

DSO328 component placement:

R27 120 BROWN RED BLACK BLACK BROWN
    R26 120 BROWN RED BLACK BLACK BROWN
    R16 150 BROWN GREEN BLACK BLACK BROWN
    R14 1K BROWN BLACK BLACK BROWN BROWN
    R15 680 BLUE GRAY BLACK BLACK BROWN
    R13 150 BROWN GREEN BLACK BLACK BROWN
    R6 1K BROWN BLACK BLACK BROWN BROWN
    R5 1K BROWN BLACK BLACK BROWN BROWN

R2 520K GREEN RED BLACK ORANGE BROWN
    R1 5.1M BROWN ORANGE BLACK BROWN GREEN

R3 1.2M BROWN RED BLACK YELLOW BROWN
    R4 11K BROWN RED BLACK BROWN BROWN

R7 300 ORANGE BLACK BLACK BLACK BROWN
    R8 150 BROWN GREEN BLACK BLACK BROWN
    R9 89 GRAY BROWN BLACK GOLD BROWN
    R10 30 ORANGE BLACK BLACK GOLD BROWN
    R11 15 BROWN GREEN BLACK GOLD BROWN
    R12 15 BROWN GREEN BLACK GOLD BROWN

C7 121
    C2 331
    C4 1
    C1 104
    C6 121

BrianWieczorek-DSO328-2 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-3 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-1 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-5 (resized).jpg
    BrianWIeczorek-DSO328-6 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-4 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-7 (resized).jpg
    BrianWieczorek-DSO328-9 (resized).jpg
    BrianWIeczorek-DSO328-8 (resized).jpg

#44 3 months ago

Me eyes are getting old, so I posted the measured value and the color bands as best as I could see them.

#45 3 months ago

Thanks for vaules, I finally assembled mine - and it's working!

I have found three corrections in your component placement:
    R1 *5.1M* BROWN *orange* BLACK BROWN GREEN
    R4 *11K* BROWN *red* BLACK BROWN BROWN
    R8 *150* BROWN *green* BLACK BLACK BROWN
    Other values are all right.

#46 3 months ago

After first powering up was not set coupling - so first was Align vertically function - according to user manual.

In case of tuning capacitors C3 and C5 odd curve occurs (black terminal not conencted): When range 0.1V is set the waveform isn't square - for tuning capacitor C3 (maybe not working properly) - but it's solder well and in right orientation. Tuning C5 in 3.3V mode works fine. Photos attached. Any ideas?

01 (resized).jpg

02 (resized).jpg

#47 3 months ago

Thank you for the corrections! I will update my post.

#48 3 months ago

Glad to see the parts are getting documented. This will help other people who choose to buy this as a kit. Thanks for doing it.

#49 3 months ago

In an earlier post in this thread, pverer indicated he had the user manual for this device. Just today, I received one I had ordered through eBay. It was the assembled version and it came with a user manual for a completely different piece of equipment; a MK328 transistor/capacitor tester. I attempted to contact the seller but received an automated reply that stated they were unavailable until after February 22 due to the Chinese New Year. Would it be possible to get a copy of the user manual?

#50 3 months ago

The user manual is a single page that didn't contain any useful information.

I'll find mine, scan it, and post it here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 989.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 160.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 59.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.99
    $ 269.00
    $ 299.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 989.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 56 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside