Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I_Jones.jpg
flex-wheeler2.jpg
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

You like that? "Digging"...you know, Archeology? Indiana Jones. Yeah, ummm - let's just move on.

I am looking to purchase a 1993 Williams "Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure" in Great to Near-Perfect condition. If you've thought about selling yours to buy that next pin/a car/a new heart...etc. - then, by all means, let me know!

I live in North Carolina, but am willing to travel Up/Down the East Coast and as West as Memphis, TN for pick-up.

If you are interested, shoot me a Pinside message and we'll chat it up.

And don't worry - I'm not going to offend you by offering you less than it's worth.

Pin4ever

#2 12 years ago

Be prepared to spend 4500-5k on one in that condition. Good luck on your search

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Probably more then that in the condition he stated.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I'm prepared. The trouble I'm having is locating one.

#5 12 years ago

Don't know if it's still available

684 mi, 11 hours 35 mins I-77 S

kalamazoo.craigslist.org link

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Are they really worth that much? What does, "...in that condition" mean? Pefect like New in box or Home use and only a dozen plays? Learning here from you pros! Don't always understand the jargon correctly though thus the questions

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't know if it's still available
684 mi, 11 hours 35 mins I-77 S
kalamazoo.craigslist.org link

Looks like it's been totally pimped out. There is a line - I think he crossed it. Green LED's on that playfield? What?

Going to look into regardless. Thanks!

#8 12 years ago

There is one for sale in the St. Louis, MO craigslist. It was a week or two ago and I think it was $4500. Looked nice, I can go check it out if you need.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

There is a line - I think he crossed it. Green LED's on that playfield? What?

Yeah it's hard to blame the "I hate LED" crowd when you see something like that.
Good luck!

EDIT: Just means you can sell all those wacky LEDs and add on toys to get a little foldin' monies.

EDIT2: Just a random thought but if I were traveling that long of a distance, I'd rather deal with a person that at least seems to have real affection for their game, then some vending "dude" who just cleaned his routed pin for the first time in 8 years to sell it. Just assumptions though.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I think he crossed it. Green LED's on that playfield? What?

Yeah, too many people think that color matching GI is a good thing. Not always. Not always. Even worse to me are people who put green LEDs under the INDY and ADVENTURE inserts. You can't even read the letters then.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

green LEDs under the INDY and ADVENTURE inserts

I put warm whites under my INDY letters and really like it. Agree with "color-matching" when an insert has 2 or more colors, like the INDY letters.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

RawleyD said:Be prepared to spend 4500-5k on one in that condition. Good luck on your search
Are they really worth that much? What does, "...in that condition" mean? Pefect like New in box or Home use and only a dozen plays? Learning here from you pros! Don't always understand the jargon correctly though thus the questions

Well i'd consider "great to near perfect condition" anywhere from restored with new decals to a HUO original. I pick up one recently that has original unfaded decals with just a few minor imperfections on the cabinet for $4400. I'd think a HUO one or mint restoration one would go for around 6k or higher.

#13 12 years ago

Don't forget to plan how you are going to get a 250+ pound pin into your new place. Stairs can be a bit of a challenge.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from jtimmons:

There is one for sale in the St. Louis, MO craigslist. It was a week or two ago and I think it was $4500. Looked nice, I can go check it out if you need.

I couldn't find it online! Do you have a link? I'd e-mail if I could find it.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

Don't forget to plan how you are going to get a 250+ pound pin into your new place. Stairs can be a bit of a challenge.

Will it fit through your run-of-the-mill apartment door?

#16 12 years ago

It should be the same size as my TZ where the back box is just a tad less than 29 inches wide.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

It should be the same size as my TZ where the back box is just a tad less than 29 inches wide.

That's a pretty tight fit :-/

#18 12 years ago

Ok, LED Hijack: I just got the cointaker LED kit for IJ, and the very first thing I frowned about was the fact that the INDY and ADVENTURE letters are paired with Green LEDs. looks horrible. Emailing them now about it.. I tried a warm one, looked ok.. unfortunately none of my kit has cool whites that work in those sockets.. however using an LED pen light, I think cool white would be even better than warm.. anyone try that?

Sorry Alex Hopefully it's at least a bump for you.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

closer to 300lbs. it's a real beast.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

at_t_2d said:Don't forget to plan how you are going to get a 250+ pound pin into your new place. Stairs can be a bit of a challenge.

I'm going to be living on the third floor of an apartment complex.

This is not a good thing.

What's the best way to get it up there. Three or four guys just huffing it? A dolly? Hoist it like a piano...lol

#21 12 years ago

I'd hire this guy

flex-wheeler2.jpgflex-wheeler2.jpg

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

RawleyD said:at_t_2d said:Don't forget to plan how you are going to get a 250+ pound pin into your new place. Stairs can be a bit of a challenge.
I'm going to be living on the third floor of an apartment complex.
This is not a good thing.
What's the best way to get it up there. Three or four guys just huffing it? A dolly? Hoist it like a piano...lol

Dolly with a reliable strap is the best way.

#23 12 years ago

A lot of people crap all over IJ. I must say, before my friend got one, I didn't think I would want one. I thought, from the limited play I had on it, that it was too ramp and orbit based.

Man, was I wrong... IJ is a really really good machine. The modes are very diverse and very hard to win for the most part, and there are 12. There are 3 video modes (which I despise on most machines) that are fun to play, great MB play.

I can't say enough good things about IJ.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Dolly with a reliable strap is the best way.

You can go to Uhaul and rent one for usually under $10 a day. Strap that SOB down and then get a big friend to help you. Shouldn't need more than 2 people. I would think an apt. complex should at least have wide door openings and hallways?

#25 12 years ago

You're looking for an "appliance dolly" which is the dolly with a strap.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

A lot of people crap all over IJ. I must say, before my friend got one, I didn't think I would want one. I thought, from the limited play I had on it, that it was too ramp and orbit based.
Man, was I wrong... IJ is a really really good machine. The modes are very diverse and very hard to win for the most part, and there are 12. There are 3 video modes (which I despise on most machines) that are fun to play, great MB play.
I can't say enough good things about IJ.

The depth and theme are my main reason for loving it, but I love the way the machine plays close to the flippers. It's a very "shallow" game. Keeps you on your toes. And that Path of Adventure is freaking IMPOSSIBLE to hit. Keeps me coming back.

#27 12 years ago

We've got one that's on hold pending sale at the moment. Real nice playfield and plastics, but some idiot decided Indy should have only one eye on the header. No fade on the cabinet. Pics at:

http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/rebeccabjohnston/Indiana%20Jones/

If the guy doesn't respond to the message we left him by this time next week, it's up for grabs again.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

We've got one that's on hold pending sale at the moment. Real nice playfield and plastics, but some idiot decided Indy should have only one eye on the header. No fade on the cabinet. Pics at:
If the guy doesn't respond to the message we left him by this time next week, it's up for grabs again.

Keep me updated. What are you asking for it?

#29 12 years ago

Once it's all rebuilt, the POA right ramp isn't that hard. The POA is a PITA to get just right though

The side to side bouncing action is the real difference in this game, nudging goes a long way.

Best of Luck.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Once it's all rebuilt, the POA right ramp isn't that hard. The POA is a PITA to get just right though
The side to side bouncing action is the real difference in this game, nudging goes a long way.
Best of Luck.

Nudging = Narrow Escape

Every. Time.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're looking for an "appliance dolly" which is the dolly with a strap.

How much does one cost to buy? I have a feeling I'm going to be using it often

$100?

#32 12 years ago

130...150ish my guess.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

130...150ish my guess.

I'll rent. That's less money for my next Pin

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I'll rent. That's less money for my next Pin

I paid $90 for mine, with tracks on the rear for stairs. Not sure how many you own, but you will soon fill up whatever space you have with them, so I would recommend this.

Its one of those "worth every cent" things.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

AlexManni said:I'll rent. That's less money for my next Pin
I paid $90 for mine, with tracks on the rear for stairs. Not sure how many you own, but you will soon fill up whatever space you have with them, so I would recommend this.
Its one of those "worth every cent" things.

I own 0

#36 12 years ago

Just rent one for now, to feed that Jones.

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

Just rent one for now, to feed that Jones.

Get behind me satan...what terrible advice.

Who should I rent from...

Haha

#38 12 years ago

I've been keeping my eye out for these in the midwest. Kinda shed a tear when I read IPDB.org reviews and see a lot of reviews from 2010 saying they got theirs for $2400-2800 where now it seems like they gravitate around $4500-5000...but I guess that's the nature of the biz.

#39 12 years ago

Played a filthy IJ just tonight..damn i would love to own it. Path was broken of course which kept me from claiming my billion points for Eternal Life...bastard!

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Played a filthy IJ just tonight..damn i would love to own it. Path was broken of course which kept me from claiming my billion points for Eternal Life...bastard!

You got to wizard mode?!?!

#41 12 years ago

Yeah but foiled by the broken path. Always happens in the field.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah but foiled by the broken path. Always happens in the field.

Wow. How long did it take you?

#43 12 years ago

Hmm...Not that long. 20 minute game maybe? On that particular machine I actually got it twice in one game a couple months ago. Kind of weird because I hadn't really had a chance to play IJ in years before that. Of course the crappy condition it is in probably helped me more than hurt me...plays a touch slow, but the flippers are strong.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmm...Not that long. 20 minute game maybe? On that particular machine I actually got it twice in one game a couple months ago. Kind of weird because I hadn't really had a chance to play IJ in years before that. Of course the crappy condition it is in probably helped me more than hurt me...plays a touch slow, but the flippers are strong.

All Twelve modes...all switches...?

Is it normal to be that good?

#45 12 years ago

Yeah all modes twice...but of course i could never get the billion for all switches because of the path. Ha, I don't know if it's normal....maybe if you worked in an arcade for 6 years and played constantly it is. I don;t remember ever doing it twice before though...that was a crazy game. It was one of those times I had all no so great games and then decided to play one more that ended up being a monster.

#46 12 years ago

There is an IJ listed on the Mr. Pinball classifieds today in New Jersey:

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/data/machines_for_sale_recent.html

Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure, 1993 Williams: 4500
Pin is in great condition 100% working with no errors. Playfield is excellant with no wear. Sideart has some light fading. Please email me for pics.
Frank Longo
Belford, New Jersey

Posted: 20 February 2012

I would love one someday as well, good luck!

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

CadillacMusic said:

Keep me updated. What are you asking for it?

We're asking 4.5k. It's got a "homemade" setup for the header jackpot lights, to make you fully aware. Keep trying to buy one of the boards to replace it, but they're hard to come by. Not sure why the heck anyone would take it out, but that's field techs for ya.

#49 12 years ago

I can get you a good deal.

I_Jones.jpgI_Jones.jpg

#50 12 years ago

I have been restoring this one and I am finally getting ready to test the game on the workbench.

I have a HUO IJ and this restored one...hard to decide which to keep, probably the HUO. If so I will sell this one.

http://gs46.photobucket.com/groups/f118/SEM6GCP9VQ/

Some pics of the progress.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 12.95
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/digging-for-an-ij/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.