• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How will you be paying for AIW?”

• I'm rich, so straight wire transfer as soon as I get all the details 4 votes
    4%
  • Already have a deposit down, so I will be sending them the remainder of my bitcoin 5 votes
    5%
  • I'm going to knock off as many liquor stores and 7-11s as it takes 5 votes
    5%
  • I will be trading in my Supreme, but expect to get two of these for that 4 votes
    4%
  • Going to sell everything and take a second job working nights at Taco Bell 4 votes
    4%
  • Won't be buying one, but will play it at Chucky Cheese as soon as it arrives 33 votes
    32%
  • I'm getting fed up with these fly by night companies taking all my money through pinside forum 40 votes
    38%
  • Eccentric trust fund baby here , so I am going to hire a transient to deliver a suitcase full of $1 bills 9 votes
    9%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DODGEViperRT-10-1092_1 (resized).jpg
1519150778e0c05661519005237453666057843dbIMG_2976-1 (resized).jpg
first-generation-acura-nsx (resized).jpg
giphy (1).gif
dogcigar (resized).jpg
anything (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

he thinks pinball manufacturers are missing the boat by not making ultra limited and ultra expensive pinball machines for the few "I gots tons of money and can't throw it around fast enough" pinball collectors out there looking for ultra exclusive machines. I think this 50 grand AIW is aimed directly at him.

That's because he has zero clue about actually anything in the industry... yet people think his opinion matters or is even based in anything real. Making a lifestyle-brand pinball is not like printing T-shirts and charging $200 instead of $20.

Pinball machines cost a f-ton of time and money to design, source, and ultimately assemble.. and require economies of scale to make practical. And it's all UP FRONT. Only a company like Stern who can siphon off very low cost tangent work can really float such risks.

There is a huge difference between a JJP 'premium' model and the supreme/lifestyle brand marketing.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They’ve been talking $50,000 for months haven’t they?
It doesn’t take a genius to realize there’s a market for ultra expensive, ultra high-end games. It’s been proven time and time again.
Pulling it off is another matter but it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Before it became how useless Magic Girl was there were indeed some confirmed sales north of $20,000.

Sure... but no one makes money as a business designing, producing, and then selling 10-30 pinball machines.. even at 50k each unless you are able to siphon free resources away from something else.

And if something is done regularly - well it's no longer special... and you won't have that same market. The reason people pay 20k for a machine that is no different than any other 5k game is the situation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/digging-deep-for-deeproot?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.