Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

47B4EA7F-F17A-45EF-8334-FE93DB15E036 (resized).jpeg
giphy-1.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beegeemtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So I purchased a 60-in-1 arcade machine a couple of years ago.

Works pretty well overall but my gf and I have been getting addicted to DIG DUG of late and recently noticed that our "version" (looks/sounds exactly like the old arcade games) does NOT give you extra lives when you reach a certain score (for example, an extra life at 20,000 or something). No extra lives whatsoever.

All the other games in the 60-in-1 seem to work as they should but the DIG DUG won't offer new lives.

Anything I can do to fix/switch this?

PS: I'm not a technie and know nothing about dip switches and shit, so if you know how to do this, please explain like you're speaking to a toddler...

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

It’s possible.
I typically set ours to 20k, 70k and every 70k after that received an extra life.
First, turn OFF machine.
Now open machine and find game PCB and flip dip switch 4 to ON, on the game board.
Next turn ON the machine. Game will now boot in Test Menu.
Continue pressing player 1, button 2 until you get to the Dig Dug Adjustment screen and make changes on screen. Press Player 1 start button to save changes.
Turn off machine.
Switch Dip Switch 4 back to OFF.
Turn back on machine and enjoy
FYI. Be sure Dipswitch #3 is in the ON position. This dip switch will allow the game to save high scores even after being turned off. You’ll want those bragging rights with your girlfriend to remain everytime you turn the machine on

Thanks a lot for those instructions but I have NO IDEA what a "dip switch" is or how to access it or change it.

Can you expand a little more, but talk to me like I'm an infant and know NOTHING about the inside of these machines?

Thanks!

Berge

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you have "The Google"?
Anyway, a DIP Switch is the thing circled in the picture. It's on your game's PCB. It's literally little switches. Like a light switch on your wall (if you have those and have figured out how they work lol)
[quoted image]

Thanks for your response and condescension...

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

1. You're in a pinball forum. Go to an arcade forum.
2. You're asking things that can be easily searched for online.
3. I GAVE YOU ADVICE.
4. I won't anymore, ungrateful prick.
[quoted image]

1. I posted in the ARCADE AND VIDEO GAMES sub-forum, so I posted in the right place.
2. I thought this forum WAS online?
3. You gave me advice but not before taking 2 potshots at me, neither of which you would NOT say to me, if you saw me on the street. You are a bully because you think you have some "power" because you are technically proficient. That doesn't give you the right to insult others, dude. And if you think you were being "funny", you were not.
4. You have been reported, my good man!

Buh-bye!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My apologies, I didn't realize that was a thing. The post shows up in the regular list of posts, on Pinside, a pinball forum. Regardless - I gave you advice.

Google, Yahoo, any search bar.

I'm not a bully. I loathe bullies. I was being playfully sarcastic about the fact that you could easily use Google and instantly get the answers you're looking for while STILL giving you advice. A bully would not try to help. Don't pretend you're a victim.

Why are you assuming my gender? It's 2018. You can't do that anymore. You have been reported as well.

So you're suggesting that what I did was wrong? I should have Google'd this very specific question about an 1980s arcade game instead of say.......posting it on a very specific, filled-with-experts, forum, in which I received responses within 24 hours?!?!?! You think that was the WRONG thing to do, eh?

Wow. Talk about trying to make your point, going backwards...lol.

I'm actually very curious to see how the folks who run PINSIDE react to your insults aka "playful sarcasm". You basically called me a dummy for not using Google. You made a reference to me possibly not being able to open a light switch. Both of which are HILARIOUS, according to you. Sigh.

And lastly, you just outright called me a "prick".

I have a few other newbie friends on here, and we're ALL interested to see how PINSIDE handles "oldies" like you, with over 15,000 posts who consider this their free-for-all for putting down others.

Have you noticed...I've yet to insult you? I don't have to resort to potshots to make my points. We all know the type of folks who need to resort to putdowns to make their points. Pst, rhymes with gullies...

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Instead of writing all of that, you could have finally Googled "DIP SWITCH".

You're soooooooooooo funny. I'm cracking up over here. Siiiigh.

That said, knowing what a DIP SWITCH is, doesn't really resolve my overall issues since I also know what a nuclear reactor is...but I don't know how to use it!

Honestly...you're not helpful but if you wanna continue trolling, go right ahead because it will hopefully show the owners of this place how "worthy" you are to this community. Others have been very helpful and kind. You have not. And in case you haven't read the #1 RULE of these forums: BE NICE!!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

There is certainly a troll in this thread... not sure it’s rarehero though.

Thanks for confirming the problem with PINSIDE.

I'm a newbie, asking for help, I get insulted and condescended and I'M the troll?!?

Gotta love it.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

A DIP switch is a set of small switches in a DIP (dual in-line package) that is used to change the operating mode of a device. DIP switches are used to configure computer peripherals such as hard drives, modems, sound cards, and motherboards. They are often used as an alternative to jumpers because they are easier to operate and less likely to get lost. Today, DIP switches are less common because most computers utilize Plug-and-Play, so hardware no longer requires manual configuration.

Thanks for your helpful response.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I mean you stated you didn’t even know what a dip switch is? Now your upset that I gave you the definition. It’s clear to me that you weren’t going to be unhappy with any answer.

I said "Thanks for your helpful response." That means THANKS! I wasn't upset whatsoever.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Serious question.... when you look inside your arcade machine, which response was more helpful- Rarehero's picture with a circle around it, or Greenmachines written response with a generalization about dipswitches?
Not attacking you, just not sure how a circled picture isn't helpful....

Never said Rarehero wasn't helpful. I said he was also condescending_ but apparently you can't say that in these forums, even if the person condescends you clearly. All good, I figured it out via some of your responses here and other (nicer) forums. I appreciate the link to the 60-in-1 manual you included as well, thanks for that! Like I said, I'm VERY green and don't know anything about the inside of machines, so even if I know what a dip switch is or what it looks like, I can't do any of these things myself. Will find a local person to help out in person.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Didn't you specifically ask to be spoken to like you were a toddler, and THEN ask to be spoken to like you were an infant? How can that not be condescending?

I was trying to let folks know that I'm not a techie. Doesn't mean I was looking to be insulted. Do you go around putting down toddlers? Ultimately it's all good, guys. I thought the main rule in these forums was to BE NICE but clearly that's not the case. I said he was condescending to me and he literally said I was a "prick" after that and told me to FUCK OFF with a "cutesy" GIF. I guess that's how folks deal with stuff in here. I'm not sure why nobody seems to see my side of it, but that's all good too.

I'm moving on...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beegeemtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dig-dug-not-getting-extra-lives?tu=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.