(Topic ID: 242940)

Difficulty with post passing?

By PantherCityPins

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I just got my Whirlwind up and running and have noticed that post passing is difficult to nearly impossible. The ball just bounces on the bottom of the sling and back to its original location.

Would a flipper rebuild help this issue?

#2 4 years ago

Depends on the location of the lower sling post in relation to the flippers. It's just different on different games. If you can hit the ramp shots with the flippers they're probably fine. You could adjust the flipper angle but that may make making shots harder. Could you post pass before you did some sort of adjustment?

#3 4 years ago

The game is new to me and I've been repairing it for the last month so I can't really say what it did before.

#4 4 years ago

I just tried mine and it is definitely harder. I can do it but it takes a more deliberate flip to get it to the other side and it usually heads over a bit fast. Takes about 4 or 5 flips to get it just right, otherwise it just hits the post and comes right back to the same flipper.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5 4 years ago

Are the rubbers stock natural rubber? I've often had trouble post passing with synthetic ones.

Never had problems post passing on WW in general though.

#6 4 years ago

I had to take a double take after reading the thread’s title!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Are the rubbers stock natural rubber? I've often had trouble post passing with synthetic ones.
Never had problems post passing on WW in general though.

I'm using Titan Rubber. Maybe I'll swap to some natural rubber ones and see if it helps.

#8 4 years ago

I wouldn't worry that your game is defective or anything. I've played whirlwinds where post passing is difficult. Also played Taxis and F14s where it's difficult. Not saying you can't, just some games play differently than others but doesn't mean they're "bad"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difficulty-with-post-passing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.