5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-31 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

ST was my second game. Good game but it did get a bit old after a while after playing it a lot. It got to a point where it seemed like a lot of work to feel like you accomplished something.

SW is a fun game but I wouldn't get it unless you can find one cheap. It can be a punishing game where you drain on plunges 3 or 4 times in a row. I still enjoy playing it and the shot multiplier feature is great.

GB looks great and fun for a while but the awful mechanics of the game make it frustrating. Not many games I have no desire to play at all but GB is one of those.

I have not played GOTG much but not really impressed with it. Just seems like a lot of things thrown together. Guess I played early code or just don't know the rules.

Iron Maiden looks pretty cool but have not played it. I just don't think I can take the music in the home environment. I haven't played Deadpool either but not really impressed with that one.

Metallica is the best Stern game imo. It has great art, great dots, balanced scoring, and great code. Pro is great and relatively cheap since so many are out there. Some say it gets repetitive which is somewhat true if you don't really know the rules. There are not really modes so you are constantly working on different things and playing out things as they come up. Getting to a CIU mode is not that hard and you feel amazing where you get that 2x multiplier and cash out a great bonus. Downside is that it does not have the new LCD display. Colordmd fixes that but adds a little cost.

Best thing is to play any of these games as often as you can. No need to rush into buying anything. Figure out some rules and see what you like or don't like. My tastes have changed a whole lot since I started getting into pinball. Some games I thought I loved but after getting some decent playtime, I don't like them as much. Some games I never thought I would like are now sitting in my gameroom. All new games are exciting and fun. The games you want to buy are the games you still enjoy playing long after that newness wears off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difficulty-of-various-sterns?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.