(Topic ID: 116677)

Difficult place to pick up a pin

By ShinyBall

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Steve-in-CT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

A few years ago I went to a guys house to buy a pin, I think it was a Grand Lizard. Went into the house and down into a nicely finished basement. The game was next to an inner door that he said led to the bulkhead door. No problem, I have the same set up at my house so I'm use to moving them out. After securing the game for the move, he opened the inner door and then the bulkhead door. What he didn't mention was that they had built a massive deck over the bulkhead door! There was no more than 4 or 5 feet clearance from the ground to the deck's joists. We had to duck walk while carrying the pin for about 10 yards over uneven terrain. My back and legs were killing me for days. Now I ask in advance about access before going to look at any pins or vids. Lesson learned.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I picked up a Black Knight from a hoarders house

Besides living an hour away from each other, we seem to have similar stories. Picked up a Paragon from a lady in RI. Husband's game and he passed away. When he died she became a hoarder. Was just like the TV show, but clean, not dirty and disgusting. Canned goods from floor to ceiling. Her brother in law was there to help me fight to get it out. He told me the background of why she was like that. Sad story. Always wondered what happened to her.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Steve-in-CT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difficult-place-to-pick-up-a-pin?tu=Steve-in-CT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.