(Topic ID: 208782)

Different sound problems on a CFTBL: Now with added weirdness!

By CadillacMusic

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

This is more a general plea for more detailed sound card troubleshooting advice. On this CFTBL, I'm using a sound card I stole from a Strike Master. This card worked a year ago, and it hasn't been used since. I've got the "heartbeat", that fast repetitive tick that happens while the mpu is booting. No boot tone, but no error messages either. Occasionally get a high soft whine when booted. Thought it might have to do with PROM size jumper settings, but I don't see any mention of that in any info available. I've got plenty of other sound boards...that are all broken as well. Like 7 of them. Would love to get any of them going.

Edit: I've obviously got voltages and amplifier, as I get the heartbeat. So that moves me past most troubleshooting steps available.

Later Edit: Alright, I don't get it. It works fine with the ROMs from Strike Master. There's got to be a jumper or something. What is it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside