Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8AF73849-F2CE-49D8-90FB-96AA30D979BD (resized).png
EFCC07F9-FC7D-4D37-9BCF-7B1054950A06 (resized).png
leg bolts 002b (resized).jpg
leg bolts 001 (resized).jpg
leg bolts 003 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Has anyone ever seen LEG BOLTS like these (see attached photos) or know where to buy them? I recently picked up a couple early '80s Bally machines and one of them has these fancier leg bolts. I think they have been chromed but regardless, they have a different look than traditional leg bolts and I'd like to pick up enough to have a couple, complete sets. I've never seen them on any other pins and the prior owner didn't know where they came from. They fit perfectly and I'm wondering if they're used for something else, like appliances or boats, etc. Anyone know? Thanks!

leg bolts 001 (resized).jpgleg bolts 001 (resized).jpgleg bolts 003 (resized).jpgleg bolts 003 (resized).jpgleg bolts 002b (resized).jpgleg bolts 002b (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Interesting... Never seen those before.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from insertcoin:

Has anyone ever seen LEG BOLTS like these (see attached photos) or know where to buy them? I recently picked up a couple early '80s Bally machines and one of them has these fancier leg bolts. I think they have been chromed but regardless, they have a different look than traditional leg bolts and I'd like to pick up enough to have a couple, complete sets. I've never seen them on any other pins and the prior owner didn't know where they came from. They fit perfectly and I'm wondering if they're used for something else, like appliances or boats, etc. Anyone know? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I seen a guy use ARP bolt on a Nitro Groundshaker and it looked really good. Can’t remember if they were Allen head like your pics. Might do that as well If I figure out thread size and length.

#4 4 years ago

Look Nice, but Id hate to bump into that!

#5 4 years ago

Looks like a 3/8 hex head bolt. Try fastenall or brafasco

#6 4 years ago

American Pinball games use those type of leg bolts, but in black.

#8 4 years ago

I would call that a- Socket head cap screw

#9 4 years ago

Security device so no one steals your legs at a show.

Because not everyone's tool kit has an Allen wrench that big!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Look Nice, but Id hate to bump into that!

For sure. That looks like a bruise or torn jeans waiting to happen.

#11 4 years ago

Those are socket head cap screws (SHCS). They are usually knurled around the head and I haven't seen chrome plated ones (they are typically black). You can also get low head ones that won't stick out so far.

#12 4 years ago

……...and uglier than sin.

#13 4 years ago

Here is what some other people have done ...

8AF73849-F2CE-49D8-90FB-96AA30D979BD (resized).png8AF73849-F2CE-49D8-90FB-96AA30D979BD (resized).pngEFCC07F9-FC7D-4D37-9BCF-7B1054950A06 (resized).pngEFCC07F9-FC7D-4D37-9BCF-7B1054950A06 (resized).png
#14 4 years ago

Thanks! That's PERFECT. They have just the items...and the caps are the perfect finishing touch!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

For sure. That looks like a bruise or torn jeans waiting to happen.

I don't really understand how you'd "bump into" them. They don't stick out much more than a standard leg bolt...maybe 1/16" (I partially unscrewed them for the photos to give a better idea of their shape). But if you have a tendency to BUMP into your machines, I'd worry more about the plunger - that'll tear out your spleen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/different-leg-bolts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.