8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by snyper2099
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 months ago

I love the banter, speculation, strategy, and discussion on Pinside. We have a love for the hobby and enjoy sharing experiences.

The odd part to me are all the posts defending game play, code, theme, etc. Why do you care if everybody enjoys or dislikes a specific pin? Whether it’s Beatles, Hobbit, or Dialed In ... I don’t feel threatened if someone ‘s enjoyment differs from mine.

Why all the hostility if others don’t appreciate your game? If it’s a resale issue I kinda get it, otherwise why the angst? Different strokes for different folks.

DI is one of my ATF’s, even with the mom jeans, emojis, phone etc. It’s ok if we don’t all agree, no?

#2 8 months ago

Of course it is, but we all have opinions. Why has am radio lastest to this day? Opinions.

Dialed in lasted 10 days in my house. Could get rid of it fast enough. It's parts are greater than the sum of them IMO.

#3 8 months ago

Opinions are fine but why are we upset if our thoughts aren’t validated by every Pinside member? Music, movies, games ... there are all subjective. No need to dig your heels in to defend a game, just play it and enjoy.

#4 8 months ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Opinions are fine but why are we upset if our thoughts aren’t validated by every Pinside member? Music, movies, games ... there are all subjective. No need to dig your heels in to defend a game, just play it and enjoy.

People will ALWAYS defend their purchases. If they cost $100, no biggie. But there's a lot of $$$ invested. Changes everything.

#5 8 months ago

I never felt a need to defend a purchase. These games are expensive but not sure how someone agreeing or bashing your game changes anything?

#6 8 months ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Why all the hostility if others don’t appreciate your game? If it’s a resale issue I kinda get it, otherwise why the angst? Different strokes for different folks.

Totally agree. Some people get mad though, and rightfully so, if people come into an owners thread and trash the game.

That’s a place where people go to enjoy a specific game and talk all things related to that game.

People who don’t like that particular game should just mosey on by imo.

It’s like if someone were to come to this site and post that pinball sucks everywhere.

#7 8 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:pinball sucks everywhere

WOW I cant believe you would say that.

#8 8 months ago

It's a huge symptom of the medium we communicate through. I believe it is highly likely that if people were in a room discussing their likes and dislikes in person, the dynamics would be totally different. Its much easier to be uncompromising and one sided on through a computer. Some individuals get a genuine dopamine response from likes, dislikes and arguments through faceless communication... its a real thing that has a real impact on how we communicate on-line.

#10 8 months ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

People will ALWAYS defend their purchases. If they cost $100, no biggie. But there's a lot of $$$ invested. Changes everything.

Yes, it's this exactly. People have to confirm that they've made the right purchase over and over again, all the while defending the game and striking down all people who dislike the game for specific reasons. It's not really hostility... it's more like VERY LOUD and EXPENSIVE OPINIONS.

Let's all be honest here. There are people that love to just spend money JUST to spend it. It's what they do. There are also those individuals that don't really care to put in a lot of research or time with a game before deciding to purchase it. "Hell, it's 8 grand, it has to be good."

I would not do that but it takes different people to make the world go round (and keep all the new pinball manufacturers in business).

The only time this has bothered me is when people look down upon others based on what they enjoy, regardless of the cost of the item or the hobby. People can spend their free time and their money on whatever they choose. You know, like posting in a pinball forum.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    LightAndTimeArt
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 149.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 248.85
    $ 49.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside