Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by heme
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I wonder why CC is a 10k+ pin while Champion Pub is 5K. I understand the main reason of CC price is the low number of units. However, this is also happening in the case of Champion Pub, 903 vs 1369 respectively. Both are low numbers compared to a regular 3000-4000 run.

#2 5 years ago

Now you’ve done it....Champion Pub will now be 10K by Christmas.

Hard to say it’s any one reason. It seems people get bored with CP as they come up for sale regularly if you ask. CC has numbered plaques....maybe some feel it was limited by design. The western theme maybe? Hard to say why it has remained so popular among collectors.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Notpinhead:

I wonder why CC is a 10k+ pin while Champion Pub is 5K. I understand the main reason of CC price is the low number of units. However, this is also happening in the case of Champion Pub, 903 vs 1369 respectively. Both are low numbers compared to a regular 3000-4000 run.

rarity does not = desirability or demand. People obviously dont like it much as you can find multiples available at almost any given time and typically in nice shape (the novelty of the toys wears off very quickly). 10 on pinside alone in the past 8 months. when a game from 20 years ago with barely over 1k made is always available, that tells you pretty much all you need to know.

To put it simply, Pub is kind of a turd. They are already inflated when priced at 5k cause they typically only move at 4500 for nice/ HUO examples. 3500 will get you a solid players condition game if you wait around for a bit. I honestly suggest just go playing one at a show and get your fix for the next year.

I am not sure of the exact history, but lots of HUO ones out there also.

#4 5 years ago

I think this one is awareness of the title, I mean really if you look at the market place the rate of listing it is a little higher for cactus canyon than champion pub if you account for number produced cactus canyon is sitting at 69 listed vs 87 for champion pub and with the total number of CP's out there it should be around 50% higher.

I've actually only seen in person or played one champions pub ever and I've owned it for around 9 years, I've played several cactus canyons. There are actually less ratings for this cactus canyon than champion pub on the top 100 so maybe it's not just me.

Usually every high priced old Bally title gets there from a hype thread or 2 going on pinside and they sky rocket in price. Champion pub just hasn't ridden the price pump train yet for some reason, are you hordeing a pile of CP's and planning to price pump till Christmas?

Champions pubs here get'em while they're hot!!!

#5 5 years ago

The CP playfield is very different than most pins. Polarizing playfield designs don't fare as well. Also, I think the old-time bare knuckle boxing theme is way less popular than a Western theme.
Botyom line, big money only comes when rarity and desirability meet.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Venom_249:

are you hordeing a pile of CP's and planning to price pump till Christmas?

Nah, just 1368 of them, but I don’t plan to wait till Christmas. XD

New christmas choice: pirates, Munsters, MBr, or CP!

I agree on the appeal of the western theme.

#7 5 years ago

I think CP suffers from the “it’s not my favorite easy shots so I hate it!” Disease. This is the same reason people don’t seem to like Houdini or Hobbit (or WOZ in some cases). I have never owned CP but really found it unique and the mini games are really inspired. CC I’ve played a bunch of times but never really liked or got into. I like the theme but it just didn’t click

#8 5 years ago

I enjoy both games. But--it took me a while to finally start appreciating CP. There's actually a lot of interesting stuff in that game.

Although, at $5k, I don't usually feel motivated to buy one. $4k range, maybe. I usually see nice ones pop up for $5300. For a bit less, I could get a TSPP.

#9 5 years ago

I think it's because CP is terrible.

#10 5 years ago

CP's toys are too gimmicky and it takes you out of true pinball action for too long. Sure these toys are innovative, but the lasting fun appeal is not there. Reliability especially on location has also been a problem. Too bad because the theme and sound are fantastic.
CC is the last WPC B/W game, so that along with the small production run makes it collectible. Western theme is awesome and it has a similar fan layout as all time greats and earners MM/AFM. I am not a fan of either game, but I think this is why they are priced so differently.

#11 5 years ago

They were giving CP playfields away for free at Expo that year if that tells you anything.

The issue is really that it's not really a pinball game. There's a lot of "shoot this then do something not involving flippers" or "shoot something and wait a long time". It's boring.

The bash guy with the ramps might make for a good toy now with cheap screens so you can really have different things to beat on. The jump rope and punching bag, bleh.

#12 5 years ago

Think CP is an interesting game, I still like it... but it does get old pretty fast, since its relatively easy to get to the cash fights.
then it's like your doing the same thing.
build health
beat cash fight
build health
beat cash fight
Multiballs are always fun, but they aren't really worth anything.
the training items are cool if you use them strategically.

Then again it's pretty much the same thing for most games eventually. CP just gets to that point a little faster then others.
CP is a good beginner game, or for someone who isn't a hardcore pinhead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difference-in-price-between-cc-and-champion-pub?hl=heme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.