6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mandelbloom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 6 years ago

The CT supers are much brighter than the .39 ones.

#3 6 years ago

first one: out of the 3 this is the stronger one. good in dark place, big inserts (matching the color)

second one: this is normal led one led not too strong, perfect for small inserts (but not strong enough if you match the color insert, small white insert will work). will work for g.i but not in dark area.

thrid one: 3 leds, i love this one, goes everywhere g.i, inserts and will be perfect when matching colored inserts.

thats how i use those.

don't forget in the end it's all up to you what will work for you is what matters!

#4 6 years ago

Yea I am thinking of doing my NGG inserts color matching...sounds like option 1 or 3 is best. Will the super brights be too bright? Plus I can save some $$ on the 3 led...just looking to make the inserts al title brighter than stock..and also a nice color as with the standard lamps they are a little dull.

#5 6 years ago

^I will say, I just put some CT Super Brights on my TSPP and I feel like I'm blind after playing the game (and I only did the inserts). However, I have the Super bright kit on my RFM and it doesn't seem as bright at all - so really I have no idea

I do have some of the 170* LED's that you listed from PBLife on my FT, and they look nice - not too bright, but not that much brighter than standard bulbs (there is a difference in brightness, but it's nothing compared to that of the CT Super Brights).

I will also add, I got some of the CT bendable Super Brights, and those things are cool.

#6 6 years ago

hmm...decisions decisions Yea I don't want it to be too crazy bright

#7 6 years ago

You never know if they will ghost or flicker until you put them in the machine.

I had some ct doubles that are great in williams yet ghost in lotr. They flicker when off.

The cheap ones are barely visible. Dont bother.

#8 6 years ago

Well it depends on the application. Sometimes brighter does not equate to better. Othertimes the cheapies from pinball life are awful. Case and point I like using them in inserts (concave cool whites in everything except yellow). They look like ass on my fgy though. No idea why, they just look really dim.

Also the cheap pbl are polarized and strobe. Not all cointakers are non-polarized though. Also start buttons requires a special style of led to fit. You cannot just put in any led. Really you need to buy a few and experiment to find out what YOU like.

#9 6 years ago

The Cointaker Super-Brights are exactly that, very very bright. They are also all rectified. Personally, I find them to be too bright in some applications. Good for inserts that you think need more pop to them. Normally though I'd say go with the mini-brights instead.

The Pinball Life / Ablaze 1-LED's are extremely basic. Wedge based ones are only useable in some machines, and will look terrible in GI lighting. The bayonet based ones are rectified, and are usable for most machines.

The Pinball Life / Ablaze 3-LED's are all rectified, and fairly bright. I personally prefer them to the super-brights.

-Hans

#10 6 years ago

The cointakers seem to be a build quality, not that there is anything wrong with the pinball life ones I use both, and after close to a year have not had any go. I bought some of each to experiment, and you end using the leftovers when you get new machines, or changing them around over time. (IMO)

#11 6 years ago

i like pbl leds

#12 6 years ago

I use both. More comparable in brightness are the coin taker minis.

#13 6 years ago

Although I haven't bought any supers myself, I would reserve them for large inserts that you want to draw attention to. I have used PBL frosted singles, PBL 3LED Ablaze and CT mini's though and my goal was to get something brighter than incandescent but not blinding like supers can be. I found the CT mini only to be good in small inserts(not milky ones!) and brighter than frosted singles. In the bonus section of Barracora there are 9 small inserts in a row and with CT mini it became overpowering so I used frosted singles. CT mini were worthless in large inserts partially because of their design. I ended up using the 3led PBL in large inserts and they are perfect for me. They are brighter than CT mini but not by tons and a better design than CT mini. I actually thought the CT mini seemed cheap, quality wise, compared to the PBL leds.

#14 6 years ago

Guess I need to get some of each and play...will have to pays little more shipping though Its mostly for inserts in No Good Gofers..want them to be a little more colorful. I like this guys...sounds like maybe he is using the 3led pinball lives in the inserts? His GI is a little much but could be the camera, but my GI is already done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 209.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 0.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 10.95
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 79.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside