10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

U50_Pin_10_dead.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillinIndiana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

What's the difference between a HD74LS02P and a SN74F02N ?I've tried Google and it gets a little to technical for me. Are the two interchangeable ?

#5 10 years ago

How do you tell from the schematics which to use? In the schematic it just has 7402 and I can't find where it says any specifics on if it should be a Low Power Schottky or a Fast or any of that? Am I not looking in the right place?

Edit: I guess I should add without just looking at the one that is on the board.

#7 10 years ago

Most CPU board stuff an LS or HCT is a good choice, where for driver boards I use F series.
    But it does help to know which board and location we're talking about.
    -Hans

Sys 11A CPU.. I had a Special Solenoid locked on and have replaced the trans associated with them. When testing the IC's with a logic probe I don't get a reading at Pin 10 of U50, it's dead.. I back up and check the 7406 inverter U56 and have Low signal going into Pin 5 but it doesn't invert to a High it stays Low at Pin 6 of U56..
    Here is a part of the schematic I'm talking about

U50_Pin_10_dead.jpgU50_Pin_10_dead.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Oh and the reason I asked is because I have replacements for U50 which is a 7402.. I have some that are the HD74LS02P where as the one on the board is a SN74F02N.. And it's on a socket so I'm not sure if it is the original or what?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillinIndiana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difference-in-ics?tu=BillinIndiana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.