Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0749.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Whats the differences between the 2 machines? Really want one but is the LE worth it?

#2 7 years ago

LE has lit ramps, drop targets, silver artwork on playfield, LED's in inserts, moving recognizer, chrome package, daft punk multiball, might have missed something...

If I was buying one to keep for a long time, I'd get the LE. The lit ramps are awesome. If I planned to buy it and flip it in a year or less I'd get the pro...

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

If I was buying one to keep for a long time, I'd get the LE.

+1 The LE is a great pin.

#4 7 years ago

I want a TRON LE so bad. Who wants to donate one to the needed?

#5 7 years ago

Really want one but is the LE worth it?

Yes- and well, YES!
The LE blows the Pro out of the water! ( or "Sea of Simulation", if you will... )
Here is a little "ramp-coaxing" to sway your decision...

IMG_0749.jpg

Now imagine it with NO fiber-optics on the ramps!
Booorrrriiiinnnnngggg!

#6 7 years ago

What Nimble said. Either go LE or don't go at all.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

What Nimble said. Either go LE or don't go at all. []

I agree. Try and get the LE. I just traded IM for a Tron LE and can't be happier I did. The light show with the LED inserts and the fiberoptic ramps is amazing.

#8 7 years ago

If your gonna get Tron. Le all the way.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

The LE blows the Pro out of the water!

Come on Nimble....Still have those lame Washers under the sling Plastics????

#10 7 years ago

Sorry smassa...

The protectors always seem to be out of stock when I finally remember to actually order them!
The disc is such a harsh, ravenous mistress!!! (See BoS' cracked ramp..!)
I dare not run it without at least some protecton.

#11 7 years ago

Ok thanks guys I've played the LE and it was awesome! Now I just got to find one at a reasonable price!

#12 7 years ago

I have played both. Once you get down to pure gameplay, they're both about the same.

At PPE, a friend and I tried over and over to get Daft Punk mode on the LE and never got it. It's not easy to get, and somewhat risky, and somewhat secondary to the main goals in the game.

For initial "pop", the LE wins hands down. It's a beautiful game. However, I think Tron Pro is a very fun game in its own right and still has plenty of flash. The complaints that gameplay is very different in the LE are a bit overstated.

Whether you go pro or LE, the sound is phenomenal on the game. It's one of the best sounding games of all time.

#13 7 years ago

Love the look of the LE. It is a lot more and the pro plays well too. But I say if you have the funds to extend to the LE it is well worth it. Really enjoyed it when I got the chance to play it.

#14 7 years ago

Tron LE is a keeper in my collection. Just a terrific looking and playing game. No regrets.

#15 7 years ago

I was lead to believe that the LE version also has it's own 'mode' re the recogniser with some additional playfield inserts... Anyone have any info on this?

#16 7 years ago

If anyone know of one within 250 miles of Chicago let me know please. I should jumped on Coasterguys when he was selling his!

#17 7 years ago

Tron is a great game. And it seems that Lyman is working on the code...(as he did on spiderman) in his spare time.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/299d399a3b5c4753/

#18 7 years ago

So does anyone out there have any info in these apparent additional playfield inserts connected with the recogniser on the LE model and how they affect game-play...?? The LE model does have an insert in front of each of the three targets of the motorised target bank which light up and seem to scroll back and forth, does the pro model have these? Not sure if they effect game play though... hitting the lit target seems to have the same effect as hitting an unlit one...

#19 7 years ago

On the LE, I believe that hitting the "lit" target on the bank counts as two hits towards the 4 you need to lower the bank.

Blair

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from bw1138:

On the LE, I believe that hitting the "lit" target on the bank counts as two hits towards the 4 you need to lower the bank.

OK, I'll have to try this (i.e. pay attention next time I play!!)... so is it true that the Pro version doesn't have these lit inserts in front of the targets?

#21 7 years ago

I struggled too. 1500 (at the time) difference, thought i should just go pro.

But the silver inserts, fiber ramps and the potential stable resale value just in case sold me on the idea, and no regrets.

The Fiber is incredible and has to be played to appreciate - every guest comments only on that one thing!

#22 7 years ago

They should have made all the Trons like LEs...

#23 7 years ago

Are the ramps lit by fiber? It looks like EL wire to me, which would make lighting the ramps on a Tron Pro to match the LE pretty easy...

#24 7 years ago

I believe the lit ramps are lit by fiber optic tubes...

#25 7 years ago

The LE uses LEDs to supply the light to optical fibre light tubes mounted to the ramps. This allows for the lighting changes that occur during gameplay. It is not EL wire.

#26 7 years ago

I heard Stern is having problems with TRON LE replacement parts. I friend of mine who happens to be a distributor for Stern in San Diego was not able to get a replacement on the lights of a ramp and they just gave him his money back.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I friend of mine who happens to be a distributor for Stern in San Diego was not able to get a replacement on the lights of a ramp and they just gave him his money back.

Hmm.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cibolo, TX
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 26.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside