• Latest reply 4 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.02.16 PM (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I'm wondering the difference between AE-24-900-02 and the AE-24-900 solenoids. Are they interchangeable? It's for the left hideout kicker on High Speed. I'm guessing it has something to do with a diode? Thank you for any help.

#2 4 years ago

Both are the same where it's important. 24 gauge wire 900 turns.

When replacing a coil. Face the lugs the same direction. Wires in the same spots. And if originally it had a diode on it, put a diode on the new coil. Wired the same way, silver band end facing the same way. If it didn't have a diode, then don't put a diode on the new one.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Thank you @ltg ! The person who owned this High Speed before me replaced the original coil with one significantly smaller. It worked for a while but now doesn't have the oomph to put the ball back into play.

#4 4 years ago

LTG Hi. One last question. The weak coil I'm replacing doesn't have a diode. The other matching coil on the opposite side of playfield is the proper size(AE 24-900-02) with a diode. The diode is small, black with a silver ring on one end. the number "100" printed on it. Does that refer to voltage? Is that the right diode below?

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.02.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.02.16 PM (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difference-between-solenoids and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.