Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Where.png
#1 5 years ago

With Deadpool out and a lot of complaints about it being clunky, what’s the difference between a game like Walking Dead that people love because the shots get rejected a ton but is considered tough and a game like Deadpool that folks consider clunky?

#2 5 years ago

I feel like, when I make a shot on walking dead, it almost always goes through all the way. A lot of dead pool shots I'd 'hit' them (eg, not bounce off the post on either side), but then the ball would rattle around in the shot and fall back out
Plus walking dead actually has magnets, etc that literally throw the ball back at you

Gomez games generally feel quite rattly and clunky to me, especially ones with weird ramps and stuff that involve a lot of the ball bouncing off things, falling, etc.

#3 5 years ago

I can tell after 1 game if it's clunky or a "fights back" game. 99/100 times it's the same thing though...

#4 5 years ago

Deadpool ramp shot , which is one of the main shots is very clunky. The fact that you need extreme accuracy and the right force to clear wrap around makes it not flow well. Games like Walking Dead, X-Men, Iron Man, and others fight back because of the speed and flow of rejected shots. When you feel like you are trying to have to arm wrestle the machine into accepting a shot-that is "clunky"-imo.

#5 5 years ago

A clunky game has a “beef zone” area, or two.

Many oursler games have such a zone.

Deadpool has a ridiculous beef zone. When the insert to the left of the scoop is lit, shoot at it. You’ll see exactly what I mean.

Steve Ritchie games do not have a beef zone.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“beef zone”

Where.pngWhere.png
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deadpool has a ridiculous beef zone. When the insert to the left of the scoop is lit, shoot at it. You’ll see exactly what I mean.

I’ll have to go play it with that in mind. When I played at Sunshine Laundry, I was focusing on the modes, so I may have hit that shot, but not on purpose.

#8 5 years ago

A "beef zone"? Must be an east coast thing

#9 5 years ago

Not sure what a beef zone is but two games that I do not consider clunky but fight back are Iron Man and BSD.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And Borg often adds just enough beef for the proper flavor.

#11 5 years ago

I need more details on the “beef zone”. Is that like a Playgirl game or something?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 8.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difference-between-clunky-game-and-a-game-that-fights-back and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.