8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I'm making my own custom pinball machine so I'm constantly checking the Boutique and HomeBrew sections of the forum. It occurred to me that I couldn't really tell the difference between the 2. Maybe Boutique started out as a place for small run manufacturers e.g. Spooky but it seems to be populated with plenty of threads that I would consider homebrew.

I think maybe they should/could be merged. Thoughts?

#2 8 years ago

I didn't even realize they were separate. Today's homebrew is tomorrow's boutique, makes sense to me.

#3 8 years ago

I figured homebrew was the label given to projects not intended for sale. Whereas, boutique those creating smaller run games for sale.

But where does indie pinball fit?! Haha. I guess I have referred to what the boutiques produce and the home brew folks create as "indie pinball."

But it probably doesn't matter a whole lot.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#4 8 years ago

Homebrew is otherwise known as craft beer. A boutique is where women buy hats.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/difference-between-boutique-and-homebrew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.