Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by goldenboy232
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E83CF379-E427-4145-88D1-257B3468057A (resized).jpeg
D8779842-40B3-42BA-BDFE-C59CB086E79A (resized).jpeg
9781EBB8-0BA0-41F2-83B7-8F5D4C7824D9 (resized).jpeg
C77D1C4B-6384-4F72-8744-BA29CBB3A98D (resized).jpeg
ADB5CCED-F0A5-4E4E-BB03-D30C796C0430 (resized).jpeg
2F58A4AF-8B93-4E63-B526-6A42218ED379 (resized).jpeg

#1 9 months ago

I’m in NYC on business this week and, at his gracious invitation, had the chance to take an Uber out to Clifton, NJ, last night to Vic Camp’s house to see and play his famous collection of pristine Gottlieb wedgeheads and other classic games.

As a Pinhead, this was a surreal pilgrimage of sorts, and Vic’s collection is nothing short of mind-boggling in its breadth and beauty — each game seemingly perfectly tuned and all with cherry original cabinets (only two repaints!), seemingly flawless playfields and almost perfect original back-glasses.

Vic’s collection was matched only by his hospitality, along with that of Pinsiders Jrpinball and DropTarget. It was a thrill playing these beautifully maintained games—several of which I had never played before.

All in all it was an inspiring evening - one I’ll always remember - and well worth the Uber ride through a driving rainstorm to do.

Thank you Vic for an amazing experience!

Mark

2F58A4AF-8B93-4E63-B526-6A42218ED379 (resized).jpeg
ADB5CCED-F0A5-4E4E-BB03-D30C796C0430 (resized).jpeg
C77D1C4B-6384-4F72-8744-BA29CBB3A98D (resized).jpeg
9781EBB8-0BA0-41F2-83B7-8F5D4C7824D9 (resized).jpeg
D8779842-40B3-42BA-BDFE-C59CB086E79A (resized).jpeg
E83CF379-E427-4145-88D1-257B3468057A (resized).jpeg

#2 9 months ago

One word, AWESOME!

#3 9 months ago

Hey, they aren't perfectly maintained. Atlantis has a bumper with a burned out lamp...

Seriously, it's a marvelous collection that I hope to be able to see and play some day.

#4 9 months ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

It was a thrill playing these beautifully maintained games—several of which I had never played before.

Did you play ALL of them? It's not easy to play that many games at one time!

#5 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I would go into epileptic seizure if I tried to play all of those wonderful EM pins in one night!

#6 9 months ago

Wow! Just. Wow!

#7 9 months ago

Vic's collection is only surpassed by his graciousness as a host sharing his games.

Glad you got to make the pilgrimage.

#8 9 months ago

Wow - that is gorgeous!

#9 9 months ago

nice looking lineup

#10 9 months ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I’m in NYC on business this week and, at his gracious invitation, had the chance to take an Uber out to Clifton, NJ, last night to Vic Camp’s house to see and play his famous collection of pristine Gottlieb wedgeheads and other classic games.
As a Pinhead, this was a surreal pilgrimage of sorts, and Vic’s collection is nothing short of mind-boggling in its breadth and beauty — each game seemingly perfectly tuned and all with cherry original cabinets (only two repaints!), seemingly flawless playfields and almost perfect original back-glasses.
Vic’s collection was matched only by his hospitality, along with that of Pinsiders Jrpinball and DropTarget. It was a thrill playing these beautifully maintained games—several of which I had never played before.
All in all it was an inspiring evening - one I’ll always remember - and well worth the Uber ride through a driving rainstorm to do.
Thank you Vic for an amazing experience!
Mark

Mark, it was great to meet you, although briefly. Every time I go to Vic's, it gets late early if you know what I mean! Hope to see you again sometime.

#11 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Yes I played every one! Some more than once!

Quoted from MikeO:

Vic's collection is only surpassed by his graciousness as a host sharing his games.
Glad you got to make the pilgrimage.

Indeed. He made me feel like an old friend and by the end I’d the evening I’d say we are friends!

Quoted from jrpinball:

Mark, it was great to meet you, although briefly. Every time I go to Vic's, it gets late early if you know what I mean! Hope to see you again sometime.

Yes it did get late quickly. Glad I got to meet you as well — hope to make it back sometime!

Mark

#12 9 months ago

Mark,

I was a pleasure to meet you. I would have liked to have spent more time talking, but you were "on a mission" that shouldn't be interrupted.

Let us know the next time you're back in town.

I hope the flight home was a good one.

-W

#13 9 months ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Mark,
I was a pleasure to meet you. I would have liked to have spent more time talking, but you were "on a mission" that shouldn't be interrupted.
Let us know the next time you're back in town.
I hope the flight home was a good one.
-W

Thanks, DropTarget -- really enjoyed getting to chat with you. Will definitely let you know next time I'm there. The Falcon 200 flew like a charm, as always. Got home about 2 hours ago.

#14 9 months ago

nice

#15 9 months ago

Mark i was so glad you made it Thursday night and got a chance to hangout with us. You blended right in with us guys and just wish you live closer since you are a perfect fit.

It was a pleasure meeting you and chatting for a the short period of time we had, of course we could have talked more, but i didn't want to interrupt the playing trance you were in going from game to game. I love it when i get see a person doing that.

For sure i made a new friend and you'll always have an open invitation to visit again anytime your in the North Jersey area. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and appreciate all the kinds words.

Here is a video Ron made when he was here at one of my larger pinball gathering 3 years ago. My 40+ game collection has changed some and i hope to post a new video soon. For now, if anyone is interested and miss this video just click below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-one-for-the-em-guys

#16 9 months ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Mark i was so glad you made it Thursday night and got a chance to hangout with us. You blended right in with us guys and just wish you live closer since you are a perfect fit.
It was a pleasure meeting you and chatting for a the short period of time we had, of course we could have talked more, but i didn't want to interrupt the playing trance you were in going from game to game. I love it when i get see a person doing that.
For sure i made a new friend and you'll always have an open invitation to visit again anytime your in the North Jersey area. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and appreciate all the kinds words.
Here is a video Ron made when he was here at one of my larger pinball gathering 3 years ago. My 40+ game collection has changed some and i hope to post a new video soon. For now, if anyone is interested and miss this video just click below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-one-for-the-em-guys

Thanks, Vic! I felt right at home thanks to your hospitality, and I'll take you up on your invitation next time I'm in town. Thank you again, and best of luck!

Best,

Mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Savage, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 234.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 39.95
Hardware
CPR Playfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside