Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Went out last night to take my better half to see Ironman 3,cool flick.. so we went to an arcade where theres an acdc pro and a lotr to kill some time before the movie started ,I chose this place because she knows ive been putting money away to buy a lotr and here in oz the average they average at around 5k give or take,so its taking awhile,literaly got a lotr pinball flyer on a wall with a money box under it,to keep me motivated,I really think the world of this game.Anyway so I took her down to show her what the machine looks like and give it a test drive to see what her opinions are thinking shes going to think this thing is incredable,anyway jammed on it for awhile because the ball timers are so long,and went across to the acdc,due to the music and the speed we were hooked,I played acdc a few times and thought it was great but did not see us spending the rest of the night on it.By the end I asked what she thought,I had a feeling she would have liked acdc better,and she said "lord of the rings has got abit going on,but did have more fun on acdc." Funny how things work out ,i really didnt see that happening when i first thought of taking her down there to check out lotr,oh well thats pinball,guess thats why you have more than one.Thinking now scared stiff might be the right choice for our place,being that my girlfriend is abit of a goth,and its a heap of fun.Decisions,Decisions...Buy them all ay!!!

#2 10 years ago

Definitely. Sometimes it's better than to buy them all than to just make one decision. LOL. Good story!

#3 10 years ago

All great games, good luck deciding

#4 10 years ago

I have had LOTR and sold it. I now have AC/DC Pro. I would take AC/DC any day over LOTR. The fun factor is so much more on AC/DC for me and my boys and my wife agree with this. Since the ball times are not crazy on AC/DC we will play it together. We never played LOTR together. Since your Girl liked AC/DC I bet she would like TRON.

#5 10 years ago

LoTR is superior to ACDC. LoTR does have more going on and is the deeper game. There is much much more satisfying modes, tasks, mb's, etc...going on in LoTR. The only thing ACDC has going for itself over lotr is faster gameplay and quicker ball times. However, the quicker ball times is subjective; for example, if you get 8-12 songs deep in ACDC - your game is on the longer end. And its common to walk away from a long game of acdc with a feeling of not being 100% satisfied. I will admit that there are times in acdc that are very rewarding like a 3x loop jp, or target jp, or 3x song jp, or a 3x bonus jp; those are fairly rare scenarios. But In LoTR, there is so much to do that your usually rewarded with at least one piece of the pie nearly every game.

That all said; LoTR is a SINGLE player game and ACDC is more fun multiplayer. So take that as you will; ACDC may compliment a smaller collection better if your not the only person playing.

#6 10 years ago

I sold my LOTR and TSPP to get Tron and AC/DC Premium purchases funded. I badly miss having both games and will definitely pick them back up when the chance comes around again. AC/DC and LOTR or TSPP would make great complimentary games though. AC/DC when you want the game to fight back a bit more, LOTR/TSPP when you want to make a run at some wizard modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/didnt-see-acdc-getting-it-over-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.