(Topic ID: 85683)

Did you wife/girlfriend ever say you can't sell one of your pins.

By Jimmyd044

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Ricochet
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AJBRJSSME.png
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

no wife or girlfriend but daughter who doesn't live at home says scared stiff stays.i thinks she means it

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from jimster102:

Gilligans island for my wife

Would need to see pics of the wives, can they shop a pin? Could be a fair trade

#53 10 years ago

My wife never gets too involved when a pin comes or goes, except for Hook /crazy she still reminds me how I "sold her Hook" to get some guns. Had I known she liked it so much.... naw, truth is Hook had to go

#54 10 years ago

I forgot about TAF that took a bit of convincing to throw up on the market.

#55 10 years ago

I've had the opposite. Wife really wanted me to get rid of my VirtuaPin. She wasn't a huge fan of digital pinball so I swapped it for an Xmen Pro. I see her eyeing my TMNT now so I'm guessing it's days are numbered.

#56 10 years ago

I'm not allowed to sell CSI, Who Dunnit, or Tron.

...and I'm okay with that.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Would need to see pics of the wives, can they shop a pin? Could be a fair trade

LOL well played my friend, well played.

#58 10 years ago

CFTBL is my wife's favorite she asked us not to sell it.

#59 10 years ago

My wife likes TAF, so needless to say it's staying put for a while..

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

My girlfriend left me when I hit 4 machines. She thought I lost my mind...

only realize she gave it back to you! now she knows not to make a man choose as pinball wins everytime!LOL

1 month later
#61 9 years ago

My daughter and my wife told me that if I have enough, to sell some.

#62 9 years ago

I've never really liked being told what to do or not to do, especially by a female. So, I've never been married, and any girlfriends that tried to got sent packing. But I do have a daughter, and I'll always let her know about machines that are leaving and new arrivals. She doesn't seem to care too much. But she does respond.

#63 9 years ago

I borrowed cash from the wife years ago to purchase a local $1500 RFM... Although I paid her back several months later; she still thinks of that machine as "hers" and would probably resist it's sale.
I have never sold a game... but that'd be the one I start with if I had to.
I'm out of room with the Star Trek: Mirror Universe - so I'm going to probably be at the end of my purchasing life.

I'd like to get a Lexy LightSpeed - Galaxy Girl... so I'd have a platform for "infinite" number of games... but again; out of room means I'm going to have to get creative. No... I won't let the Pins takeover the rooms of the house.

#64 9 years ago

I bought my wife a W?D then bought a Junkyard a few years later. Now, she won't let me sell the Junkyard because she found out that the two pinballs are linked.

#65 9 years ago

When I got TOM about three years ago - my wife instantly became totally addicted to it, but as time went she lost interest in it and I see her in the games room about once every 3 months. It is a really clean machine, and I have had 2 great cash offers for it, but she blocked the sale both times. Oh well I guess I'll just keep buying the other titles I want and that one stays bolted to the floor. Then I had 2, now I have 7. She thinks I'm crazy, but hey if the TOM stays and I can do what I want...that's fine with me.

#66 9 years ago

My wife said she didn't care about any of the games. But then ...

... You can't sell Medieval
.... Can't sell Gophers
... Really shouldn't think of selling EBD
.... Don't you dare sell Time Machine
.... You are keeping Pinbot, right?
.... Are you really thinking of selling Safe Cracker?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I was thinking about selling/ trading a couple of my pins and the wife asked me not to. The problem is she hasn't played more then 5 games on any of the machines in the last 2 years.

Holy shit, identical to my wife almost with scared stuff.

#68 9 years ago

Girlfriend gave me a face like I just stabbed her grandma...when I said I was considering trading ACDC Premium for a Tron Pro.

#69 9 years ago

POTC and WOZ.

But she just put her royal foot down and said MET pro has to go. I'm going to bring it to the office.

#70 9 years ago

JP and BSD , I wouldn't mind moving jp on .

#71 9 years ago

The day my wife says I cannot sell a pin will be a dream day.

#72 9 years ago

My most recent ex-girlfriend (we're still friends) would go directly to the fetal position if I sold Taxi or Jungle Princess.
But then again, so would I. Seems we have the same affections for the same titles.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Bad Cats and Doctor Who

Quoted from tslayer71:

My wife won't let me sell 'Bad Cats'. I bought it for her and must admit it's grown on me. Game play is pretty good and I like the artwork....

swmbo is NOT happy that i sold "her" bad cats...

she really isn't fond of the idea of getting rid of any of them, to be honest... she really doesn't play much, but she likes to look at them... the rest of the machines are em's, and it isn't uncommon for me to come home and find them all "on"*, but not being played... if i even suggest selling one, i'll get something along the lines of, "but that one looks really cool, why can't we keep it?"...

* the first floor of our house is our "playroom/home office", and we share it... i can only imagine what people think when they walk in my front door and all they see are pinball machines, keyboards, guitars and computer stuff...

#74 9 years ago

I think she is worse than me now with letting go of pins! That took a lot of training to get her to this point though. But now I have to find her another WMS IJ soon! Oh ya, and she'll kill me while I'm sleeping if I get rid of TZ apparently! I can live with that

#75 9 years ago

Yes. Mm. That's going to cost me about $4k+ when I sell it. That's the only game I've kept solely bc another family member wanted it to stay.

#76 9 years ago

My wife has never said one thing about me buying or selling pins. She did ask that if I was selling anything, Hardbody should be first. Needless to say it's gone.

#77 9 years ago

My GF wont let me sell or trade South Park. Instead, her and i are slowly adding mods. She tells our friends that its her pin.

#79 9 years ago

NBA Fastbreak. She doesn't even like basketball, but she is obsessed with that machine.

#80 9 years ago

BC seems popular with the ladies. It was my first pin and it was the first one my wife eventually began playing by herself in the evenings. I still get that music and sound effects in my head from time to time.

#81 9 years ago

Take it from us women - if you have a wife or live-in girlfriend, then none of the pins are actually "yours" - they're all hers. Much like everything else you "think" you own.

And no - you can't wear those pants with that shirt when we go out tonight...

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from JBK:

My wife has never said one thing about me buying or selling pins. She did ask that if I was selling anything, Hardbody should be first. Needless to say it's gone.

Hope this went to Centerflank!

#83 9 years ago

My wife wasn't all that thrilled when I sold TotAN, that's one she wanted to play initially. I, however, can never sell the Area51/Maximum Force machine. Ever. That is her game.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Take it from us women - if you have a wife or live-in girlfriend, then none of the pins are actually "yours" - they're all hers. Much like everything else you "think" you own.
And no - you can't wear those pants with that shirt when we go out tonight...

Do you know my wife ?

#85 9 years ago

my wife d ont let me sell my bally atlantis,and want to see f14 go away...

#86 9 years ago

It was my wife's idea to buy Tron, and it will never leave as far as she's concerned

#87 9 years ago

If your wife isn't letting you sell games, perhaps you should question the community property laws in your state.... especially if she rarely plays them. This is not a good thing.

#88 9 years ago

My wife stopped me from selling our JackBot. Still hoping I can change her mind. Would love something with more shot variation in its place (read DM)

10 months later
#89 9 years ago

The woman would let me sell Hotdoggin, as it was our first pin and she actually paid for half of it. I don't plan on selling it. So much fun.

#90 9 years ago

I forgot Haunted House in my previous post. When we were getting serious about finally finishing the basement into a game room, my wife said the wide body machines had to go. So I sold TNG and HH.

A few months later, out of the blue, she said "I can't believe you sold Haunted House. I drove 800 miles to get it. I really liked that game."

"But you told me to sell the wide bodies."

"Yeah, but I didn't mean Haunted House!"

Fortunately, I was able to buy the machine back from the person I sold it to, who got a nice profit in the process. I felt so bad for the two guys that moved the game out of the basement when they had to move it back in.

#91 9 years ago

My big rule right now is that our one EM (Fast Draw) does not leave unless it is being replaced by an EM that I deem to be an acceptable replacement.

Two years ago I hated EMs - how times change. Took owning one to see the light...

#92 9 years ago

Not a pin....but the Super Chexx

#93 9 years ago

Hell yes,and that's a great way to keep her involved in playing pinball. I just wish my wife liked something other than IJ4

#94 9 years ago

Love the topic.

Wife doesn't mind what pin I have BUT about 2 months after selling my BOP she says "I really miss BOP". SHE NEVER WANTED TO PLAY IT! My son misses SF2 (No idea why) and my daughter misses Flintstones. It is very rare anyone in our house says "Dad, turn on the games so we can play."

#95 9 years ago

My wife would be happy if I sold all of them.
At least for a couple of days.

#96 9 years ago

No, but she throws a tantrum everytime I tell her I'm going to look at another....

#97 9 years ago

I think my wife would only question my selling of the LOTR. She tries to act like she doesn't really like pinball but I catch her playing the LOTR when she thinks I'm not looking. I probably will be buried in the thing so she has no worries.

I'm trying to figure out how to add 2 more pinball machines and convince her I still only have 3. Any suggestions?

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

I think my wife would only question my selling of the LOTR. She tries to act like she doesn't really like pinball but I catch her playing the LOTR when she thinks I'm not looking. I probably will be buried in the thing so she has no worries.
I'm trying to figure out how to add 2 more pinball machines and convince her I still only have 3. Any suggestions?

Just pick them up when she's out of town.
In the end remember that it's always better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

#99 9 years ago

Bride, bought me a FIRE QUEEN for a wedding present.

Selling it means .....RIP

#100 9 years ago

I wish!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
$ 12.95
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 64.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-wifegirlfriend-ever-say-you-cant-sell-one-of-your-pins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.