(Topic ID: 85683)

Did you wife/girlfriend ever say you can't sell one of your pins.

By Jimmyd044

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ricochet
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AJBRJSSME.png
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I was thinking about selling/ trading a couple of my pins and the wife asked me not to. The problem is she hasn't played more then 5 games on any of the machines in the last 2 years.

#2 10 years ago

Yup, Elvira and the Party Monsters. She did say if I bought her WoZ she would sell it, guess she lied. As for playing it, shes the same as your wife, maybe 10 -15 plays since we got it. She just likes the way it looks!

#3 10 years ago

Pretty hard to imagine my wife objecting to my getting rid of a pin, although TOTAN would probably be the exception.

#4 10 years ago

Constantly she always says you ain't selling my Fred or in your dreams you'll get rid of my rfm the only one she's ever wanted gone is fun house due to Rudy's creep head but I think that's what makes it cool.damn I need a bigger house.

#5 10 years ago

YES. Couldn't let go of TFTC for almost 2 years. When I told her it would be getting replaced with RFM, her tune finally changed .

#6 10 years ago

I just asked her again if I could sell POTC. Nope I like the music but you can rid of the fishy game.

#7 10 years ago

My wife won't let me sell my Corvette. I like the game and all but once I beat it, I have little interest even turning it on. Shame, because I used to play it more than any other in my collection.

#8 10 years ago

That's my Gf and our Totan, I have mixed feelings with the game, I'm a pinball '' player'' and can crush totan every game just about, so I end up not playing it nearly as much as the others, but my Gf freaking Loves this game to the point where she gets upset if I say I'm going to trade or try and sell it for something a little tougher for me, so it stays...

#9 10 years ago

IJ - doubt I would anyway as I like the game unless I found a nicer one. She loves it

#10 10 years ago

Yea, my wife's fav is SS. Had it since 1999 only because of her.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I just asked her again if I could sell POTC. Nope I like the music but you can rid of the fishy game.

Funny, the game I am never allowed to sell is Fish Tales.

#12 10 years ago

My wife and kid beg me not to sell our NGG, but none have played a game on it in months. I just figure if its not getting any play at all, its time to move on.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13 10 years ago

Nope, I have the opposite problem. Trying to get her to allow more pinball machines.

Steve

#14 10 years ago

My wife is still unhappy that I sold our LoTR.

#15 10 years ago

My girlfriend left me when I hit 4 machines. She thought I lost my mind...

#16 10 years ago

Addams Family for me. The wife says "No, No, No... sell Funhouse, Rudy creeps me out..." It might have to go if Maiden comes out. I'll just surprise her.

Keith

#17 10 years ago

Most guys have the opposite problem of not being allowed to buy more. Guess its a good thing if she will not allow getting rid of them. Just get another, then another etc. Eventually she will have to allow you to sell some

#18 10 years ago

LOL!! The fact that we have 45 pins pretty much answers that one doesn't it? Hubby wanted to sell alot of our games, and get down to only having 15 to 20 (so we wouldn't have as many to work on or possibly break down...), but everytime he mentioned 1 to sell, I would nix the idea... Once I work on them and restore them, I have a hard time giving them up!!

Phoebe

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Addams Family for me. The wife says "No, No, No... sell Funhouse, Rudy creeps me out..." It might have to go if Maiden comes out. I'll just surprise her.
Keith

My wife loves FH, it was her b-day gift.

#20 10 years ago

Absolutely.She would probably leave me if I ever sold Funhouse.I seriously doubt she would ever speak to me again if I sold BK2K.Other than that it's all good

#21 10 years ago

Same here, Can't sell POTC or Xfiles. Two games I am tired of and would much rather have an EM or Classic game standing in their place.

#22 10 years ago

Yes Pinbot and Hyperpin. She loved anything system 11 really. Also really likes the newer FX2 tables.

I will pick up another Pinbot in CQ quality some day as well as a CQ Flash Gordon.

#23 10 years ago

My wife loves our Bride of Pinbot. I've brought up selling it a number of times over the years, but the answer is always no.

#24 10 years ago

Freedy and super Mario bros.

#25 10 years ago

Hey,

There are games that we agree on that won't leave (Flash; PinBot). The only rub is T2; it's okay but not great. Maybe AC/DC would finally allow me to make that break, as they're so similar?

Luke

#26 10 years ago

My wife hates Funhouse. My girlfriend won't let me sell it.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Quoted from pepermintswirl:

Funny, the game I am never allowed to sell is Fish Tales.

Same boat. Fish Tales is the one she won't let me sell. "Please get rid of any of them you like as long as it doesn't have banjo music that's fine."

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I was thinking about selling/ trading a couple of my pins and the wife asked me not to. The problem is she hasn't played more then 5 games on any of the machines in the last 2 years.

Does she have a sister !! No women I have ever dated gave a rats ass about pinball.

#29 10 years ago

Ha ha.. My wife would probably let me unload everything with zero questions asked ! Thank god I could care less=perfect marriage!~SpOoKy

#30 10 years ago

My wife wont let me sell Wh20-she probably knows more than I do. Happy wife-happy life.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Ha ha.. My wife would probably let me unload everything with zero questions asked ! Thank god I could care less=perfect marriage!~Spooky

Second that!

#32 10 years ago

As you can see I only have one...that's one too many for my wife

#33 10 years ago

She doesn't care if I sell any of "my" pins.

But if I ever thought about selling either of "her" pins (Metallica and Tommy), I'd be in serious trouble.

#34 10 years ago

Bad Cats and Doctor Who

#35 10 years ago

She says that I have too many pins, but when I tell her that maybe I'll sell _______ or _______, she tells me "you can't sell either one of those".

#36 10 years ago

I thought about selling or trading my IM to make room for the Corvette pin I just got but my wife wouldn't let me do it. So, we rearranged my game room and figured out how to squeeze it in without losing the IM. What a great wife!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I thought about selling or trading my IM to make room for the Corvette pin I just got but my wife wouldn't let me do it. So, we rearranged my game room and figured out how to squeeze it in without losing the IM. What a great wife!

Your wife saved you from a huuuuuge mistake!

#38 10 years ago

Gilligans island for my wife

#39 10 years ago

RCT for my wife.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I was thinking about selling/ trading a couple of my pins and the wife asked me not to.

Yes, I get shot down all the time.

I've tried to move all the "a grade" BW titles on and she won't let me.

Doooooooh

It could be worse. She could ask me to stop buying them.

rd

#41 10 years ago

Yep, I'm not allowed to sell the Judge Dredd. Since we were out of room in the game room, it got booted to her craft room. Its rarely played, but she (and I) both love the art work.

#42 10 years ago

My girlfriend told me that I could only sell our Haunted House if I replaced it with The Addams Family or Twilight Zone.

#43 10 years ago

She complains there is no room. BUT I cannot sell any games. She loves them all. Nice to find 'one of the good ones' who loves pinball!
We are both confirmed pinball addicts! I want one of everything!

#44 10 years ago

My wife still complains that I traded Stargate. Speaking of, if anybody near Louisville wants to sell theirs let me know.

#45 10 years ago

My wife won't let me sell 'Bad Cats'. I bought it for her and must admit it's grown on me. Game play is pretty good and I like the artwork....

#46 10 years ago

When I sell one & replace it with another one,she doesn't know the difference.

#47 10 years ago

Not that I would but I'm banned from selling my huo MM direct orders from the gals haha

#48 10 years ago

TAF is on lockdown in our house.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Yep, I'm not allowed to sell the Judge Dredd. Since we were out of room in the game room, it got booted to her craft room. Its rarely played, but she (and I) both love the art work.

If you only really want it for the artwork, I recommend you buy an extra translite and have it mounted. Then you still have the artwork but now it is only 1/4" deep.

I think the only other game my wife would have a fit over is LOTR but that is not an issue. Its not going anywhere.

#50 10 years ago

Yeah BSD but I sold it anyway LOL

Same story might happen with TDK

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-wifegirlfriend-ever-say-you-cant-sell-one-of-your-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.