• 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Seen a UFO”

• Yes - I've seen a UFO and am prepared to share the details 28 votes
    25%
  • Yes - I've seen a UFO, but am having trouble remembering the details 14 votes
    13%
  • Yes - Well someone I know saw one and I support and believe them 10 votes
    9%
  • No - UFO's are usually a misinterpretation of fact 43 votes
    38%
  • No - Sounds like a bunch of BS, no wa they exist 17 votes
    15%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

384D031F-21C5-442F-A5E0-FE47AABC5DDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180116_141050462 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180116_141040309_HDR (resized).jpg
5E202B3D-AE73-49DF-B94D-14576560C703 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
5652ec2a701b482899f8cee4c7c1115a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
D2880F27-F90A-4B2D-A279-4FD09893BFB9 (resized).jpeg
Trent1_Full_400dpi (resized).jpg
sexy-germoney (resized).jpg
laff 2 (resized).jpg
thing carpenter saucer cut 1 (resized).jpg
SZacyAH (resized).jpg
ostrich-quadrocopter (resized).jpg
BBDD7CF1-6084-4E75-9807-FC79B17AE9C4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 6 years ago

I've seen UFO's. That is to say I've seen flying objects that I could not identify.

Now what I haven't seen is flying objects that came from another planet.

3 months later
#100 6 years ago

People are weird.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I saw a ufo about 15 years ago. I was driving to work around 5:30 am in NJ and I saw what appeared to be a large airplane on fire streaking across the sky no more than 1000 feet above the ground. It was not moving all that fast and it was only in my field of vision for a few seconds or so. I went to work and told everybody and they of course thought I was crazy. The next day I read in the paper that a Russian satellite crashed in New Hampshire and other people in NJ saw it. I must say it was really cool. I do remember it was only a few days before 911.

Good story...and one that explains 99% of UFO sightings (meaning a natural phenomenon) The other 1% are hallucinations or ticks of the visual system. There are no Alien visitors...at least we have zero evidence to suggest such a thing.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

On a more serious note, a distant relative of mine, snapped 2 photos of a UFO, that made Life magazine in 1950. Dubbed the Trent UFO, it has never been clearly or fully de-bunked.

I'll just leave this right here: https://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_trent_ufo_photosbest_of_all_timefinally_busted

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

100,000 years? I’ll be happy if we’re still around (in civilized form) in another 10,000 years

Agree with your whole post... but make this 100 years. We survive the next 100 years we are golden. The universe is our oyster. That's a big if.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

If you would like to scare yourself. Try reading the book communion while you are away at a remote place. That's what I did. I was 18.

If only it were a true story.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

You know we the USA have tons of secrets, whether it be secret direct energy weapons, playing mother nature (geo modification , weather modification) or bringing point A to point B via worm hole. Whatever they are releasing today that is 20 30 years old already.

Ummm...no.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I personally do think that the ship entered some sort of space time continuum.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

There had to be some sort of anti gravity technology available in ancient times.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

With all the proof that even modern man couldn't build a massive pyramid today, with the latest heavy machinery, and you still think people with hand tools could cut the pieces to fit perfectly, smooth, move tons of rock etc, it's ridiculous that anyone could think it could be done without a technology we don't have since we couldn't do it today. We currently don't have superhuman technology and we can't build one to the size and perfection of ancient Egypt pyramids.

Say we couldn't do it today one more time please...because we certainly could. Talk about a non-starter argument.

I suppose a bumble bee's body weighs too much for their wings to be able to fly? (Also debunked a long time ago).

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I always wondered about this place and how he built it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

From the Wiki:
"Coral Castle is noted for legends surrounding its creation that claim it was built single-handedly by Leedskalnin using reverse magnetism or supernatural abilities to move and carve numerous stones weighing many tons"

Is it really that bizzare that humans figured out a way to move heavy shit around? Really?

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Wish I never saw this. Very impressive.

I'm curious...why do you wish you never saw that?

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

but to think humanity is the only intelligent being in the universe seems egocentric.

Who in this thread has said that?

#207 6 years ago

Ultimately, Project Blue Book stated that UFOs sightings were generated as a result of:

A mild form of mass hysteria.
Individuals who fabricate such reports to perpetrate a hoax or seek publicity.
Psychopathological persons.
Misidentification of various conventional objects.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Should I have any concerns?

Many....not about aliens though.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from BenLogan:

Pintucky,
I got chills reading your post. I saw the same thing back in 1989 in Redding, Ca. I never talk about it, because people (naturally) dismiss this kind of story. But I know you’ll believe me!
My buddy J and I were camping in his backyard on a hillside. It was a clear night. We were around 18 years old. It was around eleven pm. J had already fallen asleep. I was lying on my back looking up at the stars. Three moon sized balls of light appeared in the sky. They were in tight triangle formation, very close to one another, almost like pool balls in a rack. They just hovered there for a minute or so.
I woke J up, “Look at this! What the hell are those?!” He raced to put his glasses on and look up. “Oh my God! Check that out! What the hell!” Keep in mind we were both stone cold sober. Not a single beer or puff of weed. This guy is a really straight-laced dude.
After hovering a minute or two more, the three moon sized orbs shot off in different directions astoundingly quickly — as fast as shooting stars traverse the night sky. Each on reached the horizon in a second or two. Their travel was soundless.
This literally blew our minds. We hoped to read about it in the paper the next day. No internet back then. No one witnessed it except for us as far as I can gather. I’d think I’d dreamt this if it weren’t for J having witnessed it with me. It’s been twenty seven years. I just called him up the other day. We’d talked about it maybe once before. He confirmed that he saw what I saw.

That's a good story and a lot of people have similar stories...myself included. I have no issue with your story at all.

Where I do have an issue is when people make the illogical leap from "unidentified flying object/s" to "alien craft".

Just becasue you don't know what the heck you saw is no reason to leap to aliens.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-see-that-ufo?tu=Astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.