• 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Seen a UFO”

• Yes - I've seen a UFO and am prepared to share the details 28 votes
    25%
  • Yes - I've seen a UFO, but am having trouble remembering the details 14 votes
    13%
  • Yes - Well someone I know saw one and I support and believe them 10 votes
    9%
  • No - UFO's are usually a misinterpretation of fact 43 votes
    38%
  • No - Sounds like a bunch of BS, no wa they exist 17 votes
    15%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

384D031F-21C5-442F-A5E0-FE47AABC5DDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180116_141050462 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180116_141040309_HDR (resized).jpg
5E202B3D-AE73-49DF-B94D-14576560C703 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
5652ec2a701b482899f8cee4c7c1115a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
D2880F27-F90A-4B2D-A279-4FD09893BFB9 (resized).jpeg
Trent1_Full_400dpi (resized).jpg
sexy-germoney (resized).jpg
laff 2 (resized).jpg
thing carpenter saucer cut 1 (resized).jpg
SZacyAH (resized).jpg
ostrich-quadrocopter (resized).jpg
BBDD7CF1-6084-4E75-9807-FC79B17AE9C4 (resized).jpeg

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

If you've seen a UFO or can relay a second hand story, the internet wants you ... to vote and to tell us what went down.

#2 6 years ago

Haven't seen any UFO's but I thought I seen Bigfoot last nite but I was mistaken and it was just my girlfriend taking the trash out as I was pulling on the driveway.

#3 6 years ago

I'm telling you guys they exist and I will spend some time recounting my experience soon.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I'm telling you guys they exist and I will spend some time recounting my experience soon.

Take a self of yourself with an Alien and we will believe you! Until then......

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure aliens show up on film or is that ghosts?

#6 6 years ago

Well, I have always been fascinated with the Phoenix Lights from around ten years ago.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, I have always been fascinated with the Phoenix Lights from around ten years ago.

I thought those were suppose to be Army Flares???

#9 6 years ago

I had a few beers with Elvis, but then he took off before I could get a picture with him.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Haven't seen any UFO's but I thought I seen Bigfoot last nite but I was mistaken and it was just my girlfriend taking the trash out as I was pulling on the driveway.

Ohh, I'm telling.

#11 6 years ago

Ive seen em, the probe was unpleasant but they did buy me dinner first...

#12 6 years ago

There should be a vote option
"No, but still believe they exist"

#13 6 years ago

Hillary Clinton is reptilian.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

zz507 (resized).jpgzz507 (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

#16 6 years ago

So far some good jokes, but nobody willing to show they are crazy? Then I'll go And Blitzburgh99 , I promise that I didn't cry once (it was more like three times).

My story occurs on March 7, 1979, my sweet 16 birthday party had begun the previous afternoon on a sailboat and it was finishing. I'd been drinking and was still tipsy when I left for home in the wee hours of the morning. Admittedly I should not of been driving, but I'm relaying what happened and not judging. I had driven 3 miles and right through a stop light as I started to nod off. A policeman turned his lights on and pulled me over. I was given a sobriety test and feel I did pretty good, but the officer noticed my license showing it was the day after my birthday. Well, he cut me some slack and told me get home safely and let me go. The next 5 miles drive was uneventful, but I kept the windows down and the cool air had a sobering effect.

I drove through the downtown and noticed it was very bright from the street lights and there were no other cars were around. I thought that's weird, even though it's 3 AM, there's not a single car or even a person in sight. And off in the distance, hovering over the horizon was a UFO. It was flying directly over and down the street, the way airlines follow the interstate below. So off I drove chasing it, while it was flying down the street, keeping 15 blocks ahead of me. Every time I stopped at a light, I was impatient knowing I was losing ground and I'd watch it get further ahead. I ran a few red lights to close to within 10 blocks. After awhile, the UFO stopped and hovered over the street corner, allowing me to gain ground and catch up for good.

As I approached the cross street, the saucer was hovering directly above the Shell gas station where I needed to turn right onto it anyways. I pulled into the gas station and put the car in park, leaving it running. Hopping out I stared up at the bright light coming from the belly of the plane and I extended my arms. You want a piece of me I asked? The ship was metal and had circular chase lights along the bottom. Other than no one else being at this busy intersection to collaborate my story, there was no sound nor air/wind coming from the ship. It was dead silent, and so was I, apart from the occasional ranting.

I begged the aliens to come and get me, inside my head I was secretly hoping they wouldn't take me up on the offer. After a minute of eyeballing each other, it begins to move. It starts flying down the cross street in the opposite direction. It reaches the end 2 miiles away in seven seconds. It hovered for thirty seconds and then flew completely out of sight in few more seconds.

Pinching myself, I wonder if I was seeing things, asking if that really happened. Realizing it would sound suspicious because I was drunk and because nobody else reported seeing anything that night. I wondered what others might think or if they would even care, so I decided to keep the story to myself (until now), but vowed to remember every detail. I know what I saw and it was a UFO.

The UFO did not take me with them, nor did I feel a sore bum the next morning from an anal probe or anything like that. There's no way in hell it was a military spaceship in 1979. Instead it was an aircraft with Tesla-like performance - 100 times faster, quieter and smoother than any conventional plane.

#18 6 years ago

UFOs/aliens are like the ghost thread we had a while back: If you haven't seen them, chances are you're a skeptic. And I absolutely respect that. I've seen and experienced ghosts, and there are too many people in the Air Force and commercial pilots who have seen things that have defied the laws of physics.

Does that make them crazy? I don't think so. But I don't think we're as smart as we think we are, nor do we know everything. That's why all of this falls squarely in the realm of the unexplained. I just wish people would keep an open mind.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I thought those were suppose to be Army Flares???

No. Actually, too many saw this "V" shaped craft to just dismiss it out of hand.

One who saw the lights was the Arizona governor but he would not admit it until after he was out of office.

"Fife Symington,[5] the governor at the time, was one witness to this incident. As governor he ridiculed the idea of alien origin,[6] but several years later he called the lights he saw "otherworldly" after admitting he saw a similar UFO."

When one or two people claim to have seen a UFO we have a tendency to poo poo them. When hundreds or thousands claim to have seen something it is hard to just pass them all off as idiots.

" The Phoenix Lights was a mass UFO sighting which occurred in Phoenix, Arizona, and Sonora, Mexico on Thursday, March 13, 1997.[citation needed]
Lights of varying descriptions were reported by thousands of people[2] between 19:30 and 22:30 MST, in a space of about 300 miles (480 km), from the Nevada line, through Phoenix, to the edge of Tucson."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

#20 6 years ago

This UFO is 100% real.

After the intro, it really takes off.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Ive seen em, the probe was unpleasant but they did buy me dinner first...

Wow! What do you do in that lonely outpost at McMurdo Station, Thrillhouse? You got any pins there?

Mike in Kentucky

#22 6 years ago

I have seen them, but stopped doing hallucinogenics years ago.

#23 6 years ago

More importantly do alien's play pinball and would they enjoy "attack from mars".

But seriously if we see all these ufo's why doesn't nasa mention them? They are looking for life in the universe or is there some sort of conspiracy going on?

#24 6 years ago

I saw one at 6:45 in the morning in September of 2011 in Mason Ohio. I was waiting on my wife who was doing wedding makeup at the Marriott North Hotel. I was waiting in the parking lot for quite a while... probably around 90 minutes. I remember watching the sunrise because it was really sweet. It was that time in the morning before the sun gets really high so you can see everything with awesome diffused light. Photographers call it "sweet light".

I noticed a white orb that looked to be a couple 1,000 feet off on the horizon. It did not move for a very long time (30 mins) and then started to pulse brighter and dimmer at about one cycle every 5 seconds. I was actually watching it when it suddenly shot off. Scared the shit out of me.

Whatever it was, I estimated that it went from 0 to about 5k miles per hour in about 1.5 seconds. It was completely out of sight in just a few seconds. I am confident that it was using an energy that humans have not yet dicovered or utilized.

I told my wife about what I had seen and she seemed to believe me but I know she was thinking "yeah right".

I know unidentified flying objects occur all the time but whether they can all be explained or not seems to big the big debate people are always arguing about. I do not have an explanation for what I saw so I am sticking to my belief that our current technology can't explain what it was that I witnessed.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Wow! What do you do in that lonely outpost at McMurdo Station, Thrillhouse?

Its mainly a shipping and receiving operation but we spend the lions share of our time on R&D

2017-09-17_23.40.30-1 (resized).jpg2017-09-17_23.40.30-1 (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago

As a pilot, I get the chance to see a lot of unusual things "up there". When you fly in the mid 40,000's you are also free of most light pollution, temperature variations and atmospheric contaminants.

I have seen ball lightning, thunderstorm sprites, satellites, the ISS, meteor showers and what was either a gamma ray burst or one supremely timed meteorite (did not change direction at all, nose on while flying 550 mph.)

A UFO? Let's just leave it in my not-yet category.

Jim

#27 6 years ago

My Father was a military Helicopter pilot in the 70's, and was called in as a UFO. Does that count?

#28 6 years ago

I have an open mind... I just don't believe this planet is worth anyone's time looking at. I kinda feel sorry for anyone that wasted their time and energy to get here, only to find....humanity? Joke's on you guys. We're too busy killing each other to give a crap.

Plus, that whole inability thus far to explain how FTL travel might be possible. I'm certain there's other life out there. The whole concept that this planet is some special playground that warranted divine attention (and subsequently mysterious noninterference for thousands of years hrm....) is ridiculous, and the universe is too big to not have replicated similar conditions SOMEWHERE. That said, without provable FTL speeds, the range in which humanity could ever reach out to is extremely limited overall, as would be the case for anyone else that hasn't figured out how to break the laws of physics as we understand them. It's very unlikely that unless that is figured out, any contact with anything even remotely intelligent is infinitesimal.

600 million stars within 5000 light years. 1 light year at the speed Voyager 1 is going, would take 17,000 years....to go 1 light year. I don't think people really understand the distances involved. As we currently stand, interstellar travel is nothing more than a figment of our imaginations. We'll be lucky to have a basic colony on Mars before we all kill each other.

I'm a realist.

#29 6 years ago

My buddy owns his own lawn company and was working with his mexican crew when in the middle of a sunny day, a large triangle aircraft flew right above them. He said there was no sound at all and it was right above the tree line. He said he could have threw a rock at it. It freaked them all out, the Mexicans stopped working and went home. My buddy does not even like to talk about it. I always tease him telling him he is marked and one day they will come back and grab him. My guess is that it was some type of military aircraft, but who knows.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

My buddy owns his own lawn company and was working with his mexican crew when in the middle of a sunny day, a large triangle aircraft flew right above them. He said there was no sound at all and it was right above the tree line. He said he could have threw a rock at it. It freaked them all out, the Mexicans stopped working and went home. My buddy does not even like to talk about it. I always tease him telling him he is marked and one day they will come back and grab him. My guess is that it was some type of military aircraft, but who knows.

Sounds similar to the Dupo Il. UFO. A military stealth blimp of some kind.

#31 6 years ago

I don't think it was "aliens", but I've seen an unexplained aerial phenomena.

July 16th, 2016-- I was sitting on my front porch with a buddy having a cigar when I caught a bright light out of the corner of my eye. It appeared N-NW of our location, moving S-SE. I'm near a flight path, so a light in that general direction isn't unusual, but this one was different. It was bright orange-- not the typical color of plane lights, and appeared to be burning. We watched it for about 90 seconds, as it crossed from horizon to horizon, making no noise. It *looked* like a very large flare, but it was moving too fast and burning too long. It was low-- as it was at it's closest to us, it was almost due west of our location. Someone about a mile away to the west from my physical location also saw it, and they said it appeared to the east to them-- so it would seem to indicate that whatever it was was less that 1/2 mile high in the air.

#33 6 years ago

If we are alone it would be an awful waste of space.

#34 6 years ago

I dont know about UFO's but i truly believe there is other life in the universe. Millions of other planets.....there has to be. Will they ever visit? Who knows?
No i dont wear foil on my head!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great movie.

#36 6 years ago

One time I was driving on a dark, lonely stretch of rural highway in Kansas. Middle of the night. I suddenly realize that there is this big, pulsing "thing" floating right above the tree line over a field next to the road. Looked like something strobing multicolored light from inside a cloud or something. No downdraft, so I knew it wasn't a helicopter. It wasn't moving, so it couldn't be a plane.
In that instant, I had to admit that now, here was some evidence for a phenomenon I had previously rejected. I almost stopped to take pictures, but I didn't. And that is when I crested a small hill that I didn't even realize was there. And on the other side, blocked from view, was a cop with his lights on behind the car he just pulled over.
Now, it was clear that the thing was just a low fog bank reflecting the cruiser lights that were blocked from my view. One additional piece of information recast the entire scene. I believe that most, if not all, weird occurrences like this ultimately stem from a simple lack of information. The rest I chalk up to the simple ability of the human mind to fool itself, especially in unfamiliar or stressful situations, and I am always wary of the way memories change over time.
Some reading on that last bit that I found especially fascinating: https://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Gorilla-How-Intuitions-Deceive/dp/0307459667/ref=sr_1_1

#37 6 years ago

The BEST, I've watched it at least a dozen times. The doc on how they made it is GREAT.

#38 6 years ago

+1 on the BEST....

"Did you love your father?"

> "Of course".

"Prove it".

Later,
EV

#39 6 years ago

Natural, rare atmospheric phenomenon, man-made aircraft and wildlife pretty much explains away most sightings.

The high probability of life in the Goldilocks zone of habitable planets is far exceeded by the extremely low probability of viable travel from those regions of space.

Even if the travel factor is worked out, the likely hood of a visitation to our particular planet even once is remote much less multiple times..

Due to the expansion of space and thus time, even a validated extraterrestrial signal would have been thousands of years old and their society long since gone.

I hate to be the buzzkill. All above I have read.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

In Contact, Dr. Arroway (played by Jodie Foster) is asked "Do you know what Occam's Razor is?" to which she responds (roughly): "Yes, it's the scientific principle that, all things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the right one."

#41 6 years ago

I'm sure there's life elsewhere in this gigantic universe. They're just not coming here.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Natural, rare atmospheric phenomenon, man-made aircraft and wildlife pretty much explains away most sightings.
The high probability of life in the Goldilocks zone of habitable planets is far exceeded by the extremely low probability of viable travel from those regions of space.
Even if the travel factor is worked out, the likely hood of a visitation to our particular planet even once is remote much less multiple times..
Due to the expansion of space and thus time, even a validated extraterrestrial signal would have been thousands of years old and their society long since gone.
I hate to be the buzzkill. All above I have read.

...unless they figured out travel through black holes, which pretty much negates the expansion of space and time...if you believe Einstein.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

I'm sure there's life elsewhere in this gigantic universe. They're just not coming here.

I'm glad. I'm with Stephan Hawking on aliens visiting us. They will come to conquer and take resources, not be our friends. Sort of like how we pushed the Indians aside. Or even our own space ambitions lean toward traveling and bringing back goodies for the homeboys.

#44 6 years ago

I am an engineer by trade so I have a tough time believing in things that I can't prove or explain. Aliens is one of those things, as is religion, luck, ghosts, monsters, etc. That said, I do believe in karma and doing good for and with others and hope that others will do the same. So with that, believe in what you want, I very well could be wrong, and if so am totally ok with that!

I also love group hugs!! Just saying!!

#45 6 years ago

You realize UFO does not necessarily mean Alien? It is just unidentified at the moment and might end up just being a kite or a balloon.

For the record, there is 0.0% chance that we have been visited by alien spacecraft. None. Better chance of bigfoot winning a gold medal in curling.

For every story there is a much less sexy truth.
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/09/18/us/wreckage-in-the-desert-was-odd-but-not-alien.html?pagewanted=all&mcubz=0

#46 6 years ago

I saw a UFO last week. Now I'm not saying it was "alien," but it was definitely something I had never seen before. I figure it must be some kind of new military craft, but I sure did stare at it and then it just took off. Had two other people witness it with me, but I'm more of a believer that it's an unidentified flying military object.

#47 6 years ago

Newsflash! There are Klingons circling Uranus.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The BEST, I've watched it at least a dozen times. The doc on how they made it is GREAT.

As much as I'm not a fan of Carl Sagan, that truly is an excellent movie. An extremely honest take on what would most likely happen if we were contacted in such a manner. A great movie made even better by beautiful background music.

Does the documentary come on a certain release of the BluRay or something? I have a DVD but there aren't really any special features on it. I think it was one of those $1 Black Friday DVD deals. Point me towards it, please!

#49 6 years ago

I'm not sure aliens have visited us, but I don't think we're alone in the universe.

If aliens had the technology to visit us, I would think they would also have the ability to remain unseen if they wanted to.

I've seen crazy shit though, but it was involving a cat and not an alien.

#50 6 years ago

on july 21 1955, more than 20 people have seen 5 ufo's not far from my house.
to remeber that moment, they made a small monument (in 2003).
it was the first official ufo monument.

Scannen0029 (resized).jpgScannen0029 (resized).jpg

marin (resized).jpgmarin (resized).jpg

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-see-that-ufo?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.