• 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Seen a UFO”

• Yes - I've seen a UFO and am prepared to share the details 28 votes
    25%
  • Yes - I've seen a UFO, but am having trouble remembering the details 14 votes
    13%
  • Yes - Well someone I know saw one and I support and believe them 10 votes
    9%
  • No - UFO's are usually a misinterpretation of fact 43 votes
    38%
  • No - Sounds like a bunch of BS, no wa they exist 17 votes
    15%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

384D031F-21C5-442F-A5E0-FE47AABC5DDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180116_141050462 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180116_141040309_HDR (resized).jpg
5E202B3D-AE73-49DF-B94D-14576560C703 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
5652ec2a701b482899f8cee4c7c1115a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
D2880F27-F90A-4B2D-A279-4FD09893BFB9 (resized).jpeg
Trent1_Full_400dpi (resized).jpg
sexy-germoney (resized).jpg
laff 2 (resized).jpg
thing carpenter saucer cut 1 (resized).jpg
SZacyAH (resized).jpg
ostrich-quadrocopter (resized).jpg
BBDD7CF1-6084-4E75-9807-FC79B17AE9C4 (resized).jpeg

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If other civilizations are out there, I wonder if they sit around and complain about qc issues with their pinball machine manufacturers

Probably bitching about having last year's plumbus. They need to upgrade to plumbus X.

#202 6 years ago

Probably a higher civilization out there that has perfected non dimpling playfields and they are laughing at us.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Probably a higher civilization out there that has perfected non dimpling playfields and they are laughing at us.

They are all probably looking for HUO Attack from Earth pins. I hear they are a bitch to find in nice condition in other galaxies!

#204 6 years ago

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I have an open mind... I just don't believe this planet is worth anyone's time looking at. I kinda feel sorry for anyone that wasted their time and energy to get here, only to find....humanity? Joke's on you guys. We're too busy killing each other to give a crap.
Plus, that whole inability thus far to explain how FTL travel might be possible. I'm certain there's other life out there. The whole concept that this planet is some special playground that warranted divine attention (and subsequently mysterious noninterference for thousands of years hrm....) is ridiculous, and the universe is too big to not have replicated similar conditions SOMEWHERE. That said, without provable FTL speeds, the range in which humanity could ever reach out to is extremely limited overall, as would be the case for anyone else that hasn't figured out how to break the laws of physics as we understand them. It's very unlikely that unless that is figured out, any contact with anything even remotely intelligent is infinitesimal.
600 million stars within 5000 light years. 1 light year at the speed Voyager 1 is going, would take 17,000 years....to go 1 light year. I don't think people really understand the distances involved. As we currently stand, interstellar travel is nothing more than a figment of our imaginations. We'll be lucky to have a basic colony on Mars before we all kill each other.
I'm a realist.

THIS. Times 5.9 Trillion (number of miles in a light year).

Scorecard thus far:

1: Yes, there's aliens, because the universe is REALLY big and to think that it was made just for us (regardless of some book you read) is moronic.

2: No, they're not coming here, because everywhere else is just too damn far away. Correspondingly, we're not worth visiting. Think of it this way: Imagine if you really liked Thai food, and I told you that there's a really great Thai restaurant and we should go there for lunch. Now imagine that the restaurant is in...Thailand. And we have to walk there. From Kansas. On our knees. Through all terrain, and then row across the ocean in a dinghy. Is it possible? I suppose so, in a strictly theoretical sense. The trick is, it simply isn't worth it. It's way too damn far to go for lunch (or for any other reason given the method of transportation).

In simple math:

Earth = Thai joint

Knee walking, dinghy rowing = conventional non-FTL travel

You and me discussing where to have lunch = Little green men

They're not coming here, unless.......

3: IF (and its a big if), said little green men CAN fold the fabric of space and time AND, they decide to grace us with their presence, they are going to OBLITERATE US. They will have far superior technology and will wipe us out with great zeal. Why else would they bother to show in the first place? "Oh hi, we're aliens from a far advanced civilization that can bend the very fabric of space and time, but we're shopping around for the best recipe for mince meat pie."

NOPE. We get reduced to ash, and they take our stuff (stuff = planet).

4: Humanity technology scorecard, from a PRACTICAL every-day usage standpoint:

We cannot not cure the common cold.

Still can't a cell phone to work everywhere.

Wireless anything? Iffy at best.

Interstellar travel? NOT HAPPENING.

#207 6 years ago

Ultimately, Project Blue Book stated that UFOs sightings were generated as a result of:

A mild form of mass hysteria.
Individuals who fabricate such reports to perpetrate a hoax or seek publicity.
Psychopathological persons.
Misidentification of various conventional objects.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

» YouTube video

I saw this . Very interesting. 7d mapping technology at its best??

#209 6 years ago

I have never witnessed a UFO but I happen to believe that my neighbor is an alien. He moved in across the street 20 years ago and I have never seen him eat. Ever. He has never brought home groceries, ordered a pizza or even nibbled on an apple while working in the yard. He has never had any trash. Possibly because he does not eat but still, no trash at all? Nice guy, quiet, keeps to himself. Should I have any concerns?

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I have never witnessed a UFO but I happen to believe that my neighbor is an alien. He moved in across the street 20 years ago and I have never seen him eat. Ever. He has never brought home groceries, ordered a pizza or even nibbled on an apple while working in the yard. He has never had any trash. Possibly because he does not eat but still, no trash at all? Nice guy, quiet, keeps to himself. Should I have any concerns?

Yes, sounds like you are a stalker!

That is weird though!

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Should I have any concerns?

Many....not about aliens though.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Many....not about aliens though.

For real.

Is he bringing people home that you don't see leave? Maybe he is eating them. No trash because he incinerates the remains.

#213 6 years ago

First and foremost I am not stalking my neighbor. Im on Pinside way too much. We happen to work about the same hours and regularly leave and get home about the same time. Often, when getting home, I am carrying a bag in from the store or takeout. I noticed years ago that he never brought food home. From that point on I could not help but steal a quick glance most days and check. Nope. Never. Its possible that he gets up in the middle of the night and goes to the store, or comes home during lunch and brings in food. Maybe he has a phobia about eating at home. Less bugs perhaps? As far as the trash, I think his ex lives a few blocks away and he might drop his trash off on pickup day. Dudes alright, just a little quiet and doesn't seem to eat or create trash. Really, an ideal neighbor. If more folks were like him it would be a much quieter and cleaner world.

#214 6 years ago

It's always the quiet ones.

#215 6 years ago

5E202B3D-AE73-49DF-B94D-14576560C703 (resized).jpeg5E202B3D-AE73-49DF-B94D-14576560C703 (resized).jpeg

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's always the quiet ones.

Thats the truth for real lol.

#217 6 years ago

Look to the skies at dawn and dusk to see it
Tell your kids its a UFO
You can track it on the website
Astronomers are up in arms about it, but if you've ever had a big sky with no light pollution, satellites are cool spy as they zip through the night sky
And this one won't be hard to find.

http://www.thehumanitystar.com

#218 6 years ago

Pintucky,

I got chills reading your post. I saw the same thing back in 1989 in Redding, Ca. I never talk about it, because people (naturally) dismiss this kind of story. But I know you’ll believe me!

My buddy J and I were camping in his backyard on a hillside. It was a clear night. We were around 18 years old. It was around eleven pm. J had already fallen asleep. I was lying on my back looking up at the stars. Three moon sized balls of light appeared in the sky. They were in tight triangle formation, very close to one another, almost like pool balls in a rack. They just hovered there for a minute or so.

I woke J up, “Look at this! What the hell are those?!” He raced to put his glasses on and look up. “Oh my God! Check that out! What the hell!” Keep in mind we were both stone cold sober. Not a single beer or puff of weed. This guy is a really straight-laced dude.

After hovering a minute or two more, the three moon sized orbs shot off in different directions astoundingly quickly — as fast as shooting stars traverse the night sky. Each on reached the horizon in a second or two. Their travel was soundless.

This literally blew our minds. We hoped to read about it in the paper the next day. No internet back then. No one witnessed it except for us as far as I can gather. I’d think I’d dreamt this if it weren’t for J having witnessed it with me. It’s been twenty seven years. I just called him up the other day. We’d talked about it maybe once before. He confirmed that he saw what I saw.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from BenLogan:

Pintucky,
I got chills reading your post. I saw the same thing back in 1989 in Redding, Ca. I never talk about it, because people (naturally) dismiss this kind of story. But I know you’ll believe me!
My buddy J and I were camping in his backyard on a hillside. It was a clear night. We were around 18 years old. It was around eleven pm. J had already fallen asleep. I was lying on my back looking up at the stars. Three moon sized balls of light appeared in the sky. They were in tight triangle formation, very close to one another, almost like pool balls in a rack. They just hovered there for a minute or so.
I woke J up, “Look at this! What the hell are those?!” He raced to put his glasses on and look up. “Oh my God! Check that out! What the hell!” Keep in mind we were both stone cold sober. Not a single beer or puff of weed. This guy is a really straight-laced dude.
After hovering a minute or two more, the three moon sized orbs shot off in different directions astoundingly quickly — as fast as shooting stars traverse the night sky. Each on reached the horizon in a second or two. Their travel was soundless.
This literally blew our minds. We hoped to read about it in the paper the next day. No internet back then. No one witnessed it except for us as far as I can gather. I’d think I’d dreamt this if it weren’t for J having witnessed it with me. It’s been twenty seven years. I just called him up the other day. We’d talked about it maybe once before. He confirmed that he saw what I saw.

That's a good story and a lot of people have similar stories...myself included. I have no issue with your story at all.

Where I do have an issue is when people make the illogical leap from "unidentified flying object/s" to "alien craft".

Just becasue you don't know what the heck you saw is no reason to leap to aliens.

#220 6 years ago

Yeah, that's a cool experience that you shared with your friend. It's the definition of a UFO.

1 month later
#221 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Back in 1967 my old neighbor Harvey Schirmer Jr. a police officer on duty from Ashland NE claims he was abducted by a UFO . I think there was a book about it and i can remember all the kids had old pie tins on there car antennas to look like a flying saucer driving around town

Update: I looked more into this story. Mr. Schirmer passed away last year just before the 50th anniversary of the event. I found that a book (comic form) had been written based on his account of the abduction. I contacted the author who sent me an autographed copy. I had no idea my town had this interesting history.

IMG_20180116_141040309_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180116_141040309_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_20180116_141050462 (resized).jpgIMG_20180116_141050462 (resized).jpg

#222 6 years ago

My wife and I were on late night walk and saw what we thought were star ( 3 of them) begin to move rapidly the stop. 1 began to do a half circle then all 3 shot off out of sight. I'm so glad she was with me because no one would have believed me, this was almost 12 years ago and we still bring it up occasionally and are still blown away we witnessed it.

#223 6 years ago

There are hundreds to thousands UFO sightings per year, which seems a lot less than we had in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Maybe it just seems that way because of the cumulative media coverage. Came across this sighting that was just released by the Navy and which occurred in 2015.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/12/politics/unidentified-aircraft-navy/index.html

2 months later
#224 5 years ago

I was perusing the entries from my home town on nuforc.org's UFO reporting site, which I had just learned of, and I swear, the third one I looked at was the following. I can only conclude that it is typical when it turned up so quickly:

"me my mother and sister were awakened one night approx. 7/7/87 by lights from outside the house. when i got down stairs my mom and sis were looking out the windows to the north. we saw at least two ships flying around one looked kinda like the old helicopters from the tv series mash. i have since seen one in a very old painting from the netherlands, i think thats were it was from. but it had the bubble like front and i seen two humanoid occupants. another one flew right over our backyard that was longer and bigger with no bubble type window. then we seen multiple lights flashing coming from the front of the house. we went out on the deck in the back of house. we couldnt see what the lights were coming from, but we could tell it was coming right up the street. so i went around the house to see what it was. i remember my sis telling me to get get back here. i remember seeing a boxcar shaped and size ship coming up the street about 3-4 ft off the ground. and thats the last thing i remember. my mom and sis dont remember any of it. and it wasnt till years later that i remember it. my mom does remember in about 1976 being frozen on the couch watching little figures in blue overalls coming in our apartment and going up stairs were me and my brothers and sisters were sleeping. said she tried to get up and to scream but she couldnt. then in 1980 we lived in madison wi. i woke up one day with my lips chapped raw almost. nothin was unusual the day before. and about a year ago i was awakened to my closet glowing green like some sort of portal. i dont remember anything else but it was defeintly not my clothes in my closet that night."

7 months later
#225 5 years ago

Not aliens but fascinating. This could not be a coincidence. Shakespeare had knowledge of mathematics that did not exist at the time. This is a must watch so take 5 minutes and watch it.

#226 5 years ago

In my early 20's I was camping with friends on the a sandy bank of the Snake river in ID. We getting ready to sleep and were all laying on our backs looking up to the sky just bullshitting when all of a sudden I spotted a large orangish yellow orb come into view. It was sighlty triangular and travelling at a steady pace over the river. My friends at first for whatever reason didn't notice, but I was so shocked all I could get out was "thats not a airplane, thats not a airplane." Then they noticed it too, keeping its path, silently in a straight line over us to other side of the river and then fading into the sunset.

#227 5 years ago

Not aliens, but weird. Had a friends cat climb into a chest freezer and got locked in accidentally. We found him quite some time later basically frozen. My friend was really upset and almost in shock.

Since we were in the garage and he was totally freaked out he ended up grabbing a gas can for some reason and put it to his lips, the cat literally ran like 10 yards and then fell over.

#228 5 years ago

My family and I had a brief moment of excitement and heart palpitations last year driving from Tahoe to Vegas. As we were approaching the Tonopah area at approximately 1:30 in the afternoon we noticed an unusually brilliant white light on the horizon; it was bright to an otherworldly degree and stark white, and appeared to be inducing a large cone of air underneath it to glow.

Given that the location is close to the Nellis AFB complex, which includes Area 51 and the Tonopah Test Range (AKA “Area 52”, and weirder in many ways than Area 51), it was easy for my mind to briefly think “Holy sh*t, maybe the Coast to Coast AM acolytes don’t need psych evaluations after all!”

Turns out it was simply the solar collector at the Crescent Dunes power plant! (The plant uses a huge circular array of mirrors to focus sunlight on a collector at the top of a tower, where the thermal energy is transfered to molten salt which then carries the heat to the steam turbines that drive the generators. I believe it is still the only facility of its kind which has been built, at least in the U.S.)

384D031F-21C5-442F-A5E0-FE47AABC5DDD (resized).jpeg384D031F-21C5-442F-A5E0-FE47AABC5DDD (resized).jpeg
#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

... the cat literally ran like 10 yards and then fell over.

Did he run out of gas?

rd

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-see-that-ufo/page/5?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.