• 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Seen a UFO”

• Yes - I've seen a UFO and am prepared to share the details 28 votes
    25%
  • Yes - I've seen a UFO, but am having trouble remembering the details 14 votes
    13%
  • Yes - Well someone I know saw one and I support and believe them 10 votes
    9%
  • No - UFO's are usually a misinterpretation of fact 43 votes
    38%
  • No - Sounds like a bunch of BS, no wa they exist 17 votes
    15%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

384D031F-21C5-442F-A5E0-FE47AABC5DDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180116_141050462 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180116_141040309_HDR (resized).jpg
5E202B3D-AE73-49DF-B94D-14576560C703 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
5652ec2a701b482899f8cee4c7c1115a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
D2880F27-F90A-4B2D-A279-4FD09893BFB9 (resized).jpeg
Trent1_Full_400dpi (resized).jpg
sexy-germoney (resized).jpg
laff 2 (resized).jpg
thing carpenter saucer cut 1 (resized).jpg
SZacyAH (resized).jpg
ostrich-quadrocopter (resized).jpg
BBDD7CF1-6084-4E75-9807-FC79B17AE9C4 (resized).jpeg
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

We are just now really scratching the surface of what there is to learn in the universe. The vast majority of our knowledge was only discovered in the past few thousand years, imagine what that will be like in even 100 years

Reminds me of starman

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Lcds replacing dmds

If you want mind blowing, I’d go with LSD replacing DMDs. Whole new levels of immersion, taste the pinball!

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

You know we the USA have tons of secrets, whether it be secret direct energy weapons, playing mother nature (geo modification , weather modification) or bringing point A to point B via worm hole. Whatever they are releasing today that is 20 30 years old already.

Ummm...no.

#154 6 years ago

Let the conspiracy theories begin !!

#155 6 years ago

Conspiracy theories, they never turn out to be true,,,,,,,

Here's another thought about our current "knowledge "

To think we are the only sentient beings in the universe is arrogant. That's not to say we've been visited, but not to deny it either.

5652ec2a701b482899f8cee4c7c1115a (resized).jpg5652ec2a701b482899f8cee4c7c1115a (resized).jpg

#156 6 years ago

In order for aliens to come to earth, you would have to travel at faster than the speed of light which is not possible or travel through curves in the space time continuum. Einstein proved that space and time is not a straight line through the theory of relativity and then he proved it further with the Philadelphia Experiment which by the way was the biggest cover up in US government history. If you don't know much about the Philadelphia Experiment, essentially Einstein and Tesla teamed up trying to successfully cloak a Navy ship in Philadelphia using electrical current and the ship completely disappeared for a day and wound up in Virginia the next day with over 100 US servicemen dead with some of them having half their bodies embedded in the hull of the ship when it rematerialized. All survivors on the ship died within the next year. That was 75 years ago that we had that technology. If I had to guess, I would think that other intelligent life forms could have come up with this technology and perfected it thereby making space travel possible. We are just one planet in a galaxy that contains roughly 15-20 billion planets and that is just in our galaxy which is only one of billions of galaxies out there.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Let the conspiracy theories begin !!

NASA knows the earth is flat and has a dome over it, there just faking all this space junk.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

NASA knows the earth is flat and has a dome over it, there just faking all this space junk

Yup...

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

If you don't know much about the Philadelphia Experiment, essentially Einstein and Tesla teamed up trying to successfully cloak a Navy ship in Philadelphia using electrical current and the ship completely disappeared for a day and wound up in Virginia the next day with over 100 US servicemen dead with some of them having half their bodies embedded in the hull of the ship when it rematerialized. All survivors on the ship died within the next year.

Calling bullshit on this one...sorry but im not a believer.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Calling bullshit on this one...sorry but im not a believer.

Humanity is arrogant and egocentric. We are the only and the one. Hahahahaha! Do you truly believe that?

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

In order for aliens to come to earth, you would have to travel at faster than the speed of light which is not possible or travel through curves in the space time continuum. Einstein proved that space and time is not a straight line through the theory of relativity and then he proved it further with the Philadelphia Experiment which by the way was the biggest cover up in US government history. If you don't know much about the Philadelphia Experiment, essentially Einstein and Tesla teamed up trying to successfully cloak a Navy ship in Philadelphia using electrical current and the ship completely disappeared for a day and wound up in Virginia the next day with over 100 US servicemen dead with some of them having half their bodies embedded in the hull of the ship when it rematerialized. All survivors on the ship died within the next year. That was 75 years ago that we had that technology. If I had to guess, I would think that other intelligent life forms could have come up with this technology and perfected it thereby making space travel possible. We are just one planet in a galaxy that contains roughly 15-20 billion planets and that is just in our galaxy which is only one of billions of galaxies out there.

That was a movie. A good one, but just a movie.

#162 6 years ago

Ok it could all be bullshit or a hoax but this is what I have read on the internet. Apparently about 100 men lost their lives and the US government never gave a good explanation of the sequence of events.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Ok it could all be bullshit or a hoax but this is what I have read on the internet. Apparently about 100 men lost their lives and the US government never gave a good explanation of the sequence of events.

Are you sure about that?

https://people.howstuffworks.com/philadelphia-experiment.htm

#164 6 years ago

There are many differing accounts of what happened during the Philadelphia Experiment on the internet. I only told a synopsis of one of many accounts I had read so who knows what version to believe. I personally do think that the ship entered some sort of space time continuum.

On another topic, how are the monolithic laser cut H stones at Puma punka possible? They are perhaps 20,000 years old, maybe even older. It certainly could not have been done by a man with a chisel.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I personally do think that the ship entered some sort of space time continuum.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

On another topic, how are the monolithic laser cut H stones at Puma punka possible? They are perhaps 20,000 years old, maybe even older. It certainly could not have been done by a man with a chisel.

I think you would be surprised what is possible with time and elbow grease. They didn't have a whole lot to do back then.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

There are many differing accounts of what happened during the Philadelphia Experiment on the internet. I only told a synopsis of one of many accounts I had read so who knows what version to believe. I personally do think that the ship entered some sort of space time continuum.

Man, you are too easy!

#169 6 years ago

I had a neighbor who did a lot of meth tell me he was probed up the bung hole out in the desert in Arizona..... We all just figured he had been raped by cowboys

#170 6 years ago

I used to work overnights at a warehouse near the twin cities but in the suburbs with my father. Random day in the late fall at around 3AM or so my father comes running in the warehouse from outside screaming at everyone to come out there and check this out. We stared up in the sky way into the distance and saw a very weird set of lights. Tough to describe on text but this object was HUGE almost like the size of an air craft carrier way out in the sky so it was small. The lights stayed still for about a min and my father , myself and a couple co workers just gazed in awe. This thing ended up angling in way that resembled a helicopter when it moves aggressively forward... and it slowly flew off out of sight. No sound and decent amount of visibility in the sky to notice it was something pretty crazy. All of us pretty much agreed we saw something out of this world but honestly who knows. This was unfortunately before cell phones had good cameras. Won't forget what I saw though.

#171 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1952 Washington, D.C. UFO incident

#172 6 years ago

The V shape UFO is the one I saw in the 70's, and drinking was not involved. Even my parents were with me at the time and saw it.

Quoted from cottonm4:

No. Actually, too many saw this "V" shaped craft to just dismiss it out of hand.
One who saw the lights was the Arizona governor but he would not admit it until after he was out of office.
"Fife Symington,[5] the governor at the time, was one witness to this incident. As governor he ridiculed the idea of alien origin,[6] but several years later he called the lights he saw "otherworldly" after admitting he saw a similar UFO."
When one or two people claim to have seen a UFO we have a tendency to poo poo them. When hundreds or thousands claim to have seen something it is hard to just pass them all off as idiots.
" The Phoenix Lights was a mass UFO sighting which occurred in Phoenix, Arizona, and Sonora, Mexico on Thursday, March 13, 1997.[citation needed]
Lights of varying descriptions were reported by thousands of people[2] between 19:30 and 22:30 MST, in a space of about 300 miles (480 km), from the Nevada line, through Phoenix, to the edge of Tucson."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think you would be surprised what is possible with time and elbow grease. They didn't have a whole lot to do back then.

So you think they were carved by cavemen and they were able to move these 100 ton stones 60 miles from where they were quarried and up a mountain? I am not saying they were definitely made by aliens but either that or humans had technology that we don't have now. The same could be said for the pyramids in Egypt. You would have to lay one stone weighing an average of 20 tons every 6 seconds for 20 years in order to build one pyramid. There had to be some sort of anti gravity technology available in ancient times.

#174 6 years ago

I always wondered about this place and how he built it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

So you think they were carved by cavemen and they were able to move these 100 ton stones 60 miles from where they were quarried and up a mountain?

Yes. None of that requires superhuman technology or intelligence. It just takes a bit of skill, planning, patience and lots of people to provide muscle.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

So you think they were carved by cavemen and they were able to move these 100 ton stones 60 miles from where they were quarried and up a mountain? I am not saying they were definitely made by aliens but either that or humans had technology that we don't have now. The same could be said for the pyramids in Egypt. You would have to lay one stone weighing an average of 20 tons every 6 seconds for 20 years in order to build one pyramid. There had to be some sort of anti gravity technology available in ancient times.

I think that physics and mechanical advantage can be amazing, and can be something even "cavemen" figured out.

The people who built the pyramids weren't dumb cavemen either.

Check out what this guy worked out as far as using physics to his advantage.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Yes. None of that requires superhuman technology or intelligence. It just takes a bit of skill, planning, patience and lots of people to provide muscle.

With all the proof that even modern man couldn't build a massive pyramid today, with the latest heavy machinery, and you still think people with hand tools could cut the pieces to fit perfectly, smooth, move tons of rock etc, it's ridiculous that anyone could think it could be done without a technology we don't have since we couldn't do it today. We currently don't have superhuman technology and we can't build one to the size and perfection of ancient Egypt pyramids.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

With all the proof that even modern man couldn't build a massive pyramid today, with the latest heavy machinery, and you still think people with hand tools could cut the pieces to fit perfectly, smooth, move tons of rock etc, it's ridiculous that anyone could think it could be done without a technology we don't have since we couldn't do it today. We currently don't have superhuman technology and we can't build one to the size and perfection of ancient Egypt pyramids.

Why exactly couldn't we build a pyramid today?

We put humans on the moon, and you don't think we could make perfectly dimensioned stones?

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

There had to be some sort of anti gravity technology available in ancient times.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Say we couldn't do it today one more time please...because we certainly could. Talk about a non-starter argument.

I suppose a bumble bee's body weighs too much for their wings to be able to fly? (Also debunked a long time ago).

#181 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I always wondered about this place and how he built it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

From the Wiki:
"Coral Castle is noted for legends surrounding its creation that claim it was built single-handedly by Leedskalnin using reverse magnetism or supernatural abilities to move and carve numerous stones weighing many tons"

Is it really that bizzare that humans figured out a way to move heavy shit around? Really?

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

And the fact that some stones you cannot even put a sheet of paper in between.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think that physics and mechanical advantage can be amazing, and can be something even "cavemen" figured out.
The people who built the pyramids weren't dumb cavemen either.
Check out what this guy worked out as far as using physics to his advantage.
» YouTube video

Wish I never saw this. Very impressive.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Wish I never saw this. Very impressive.

I'm curious...why do you wish you never saw that?

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

why do you wish you never saw that?

Well, if he's like me . . . this has become a challenge of sorts. He could already be thinking of how he can do the same thing! And then there's the wife standing out there saying, "You are going to kill yourself when one of those things fall over on you!"

Let's see how close I am when he answers this.

#187 6 years ago

Well part of the reason is living in the fantasy world and saying man could not have moved such huge rocks without modern day tools. And then of course there's the wife yelling at me in the backyard saying you're going to kill yourself.

#188 6 years ago

new kids on the block had a bunch of hits
chinese food makes me sick

#189 6 years ago

I don’t know if aliens had anything to do with the ancient monuments, but to think humanity is the only intelligent being in the universe seems egocentric. I think we will find that we don’t need to travel at the speed of light (or faster) to cover vast distances. I think it was Einstein that thought up the theory of space folding back on itself...ie the worm hole. My point is, we would be arrogant to think we understand all that needs to be known about how to travel from point A to point B, and maybe other beings have a better idea and use this knowledge we don’t possess yet.

#190 6 years ago

If there were past civilizations on Earth with technology like anti-gravity, how screwed are we?

If they had technology like that and all that is left of them are some pyramids and corpses, we are absolutely effing screwed.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If there were past civilizations on Earth with technology like anti-gravity, how screwed are we?
If they had technology like that and all that is left of them are some pyramids and corpses, we are absolutely effing screwed.

I think that's the case with or without those technologies. Sadly. We love dominance and war. We can't seem to make enough people, and honestly can't see past tomorrow in terms of the waste we produce. But hey, a few people are getting really, really rich, right?

Everyone knows man cannot fly,,,, oh wait, that was yesterday's headlines. On to more replies telling us exactly why we are the only one's in the know universe. And I'm loving that people spout we have not been visited with 100% certainty. I mean, I don't believe in invisible friends, and I'm convinced of that, but I always lead with "in my opinion,"

This is a fun thread though

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Raff:

1952 Washington, D.C. UFO incident

https://science.howstuffworks.com/space/aliens-ufos/ufo-government5.htm

Am I reading this correctly, the Air Force had no explanation? Other than the atmosphere anomaly stuff that the weather service said "um, no."

#193 6 years ago

I was out in the middle of the bay on July 3rd 2005 fishing and hangin with friends. It was a super clear night, I believe it was around 1045.. anyhow you could see people lighting off fireworks on the horizon, I remember thinking it must have been the bay city finale.. all of a sudden something catches my eye! It’s dark, it’s moving really fast, and it’s heading right towards us! MAN! Lemme tell you guys, for a split second there all the hair stood up on my arms... and I was about ready to start freaking out.. right when it got over our boat, all of a sudden it burst into fire, and screached through the sky, it was a freakin meteor!! It looked like it crashed in tawas it was so low, but after poking around apparently it ended up in Canada. Fellas, For a few seconds there I actually thought it was a space ship! Shortly after that, I was browsing youtube and stumbled onto some people that posted it as a ufo.. to which I told them of my experience, and unfortunately for them, crushed thier dreams.... anyhow, that’s my story!

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

but to think humanity is the only intelligent being in the universe seems egocentric.

Who in this thread has said that?

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Who in this thread has said that?

Me

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

With all the proof that even modern man couldn't build a massive pyramid today, with the latest heavy machinery, and you still think people with hand tools could cut the pieces to fit perfectly, smooth, move tons of rock etc, it's ridiculous that anyone could think it could be done without a technology we don't have since we couldn't do it today. We currently don't have superhuman technology and we can't build one to the size and perfection of ancient Egypt pyramids

Of course we could. And a lot better than the original designers. We aren't building pyramids because there is no point or profit to it, not because it is technologically insoluble.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think it was Einstein that thought up the theory of space folding back on itself.

And wasn't it Einstein who proposed that e = mc hammer ?

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

And wasn't it Einstein who proposed that e = mc hammer ?

Huh, I didn’t know Einstein was into mc hammer...each to their own

#199 6 years ago

UFOs are time travelling humans/drones from the future, seeing how we lived back in the day.

Statistically other life, be it intelligent or other has to be somewhere else in the universe.

The odds of finding that life is pretty much zero, distance and the odds of the other planet being at the same stage as us.

#200 6 years ago

If other civilizations are out there, I wonder if they sit around and complain about qc issues with their pinball machine manufacturers

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-see-that-ufo/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.