• 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Seen a UFO”

• Yes - I've seen a UFO and am prepared to share the details 28 votes
    25%
  • Yes - I've seen a UFO, but am having trouble remembering the details 14 votes
    13%
  • Yes - Well someone I know saw one and I support and believe them 10 votes
    9%
  • No - UFO's are usually a misinterpretation of fact 43 votes
    38%
  • No - Sounds like a bunch of BS, no wa they exist 17 votes
    15%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

384D031F-21C5-442F-A5E0-FE47AABC5DDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180116_141050462 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180116_141040309_HDR (resized).jpg
5E202B3D-AE73-49DF-B94D-14576560C703 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
5652ec2a701b482899f8cee4c7c1115a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
D2880F27-F90A-4B2D-A279-4FD09893BFB9 (resized).jpeg
Trent1_Full_400dpi (resized).jpg
sexy-germoney (resized).jpg
laff 2 (resized).jpg
thing carpenter saucer cut 1 (resized).jpg
SZacyAH (resized).jpg
ostrich-quadrocopter (resized).jpg
BBDD7CF1-6084-4E75-9807-FC79B17AE9C4 (resized).jpeg
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 6 years ago

Secureteam10. Youtube Tyler has some great stuff as does Richie From Boston.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I recently read the new Dan Brown book 'Origin' which has some interesting ideas regarding alien life forms and how life began on earth.
For those who like this author or topic, it's a fun read.
And I have seen a UFO.

Back in 1967 my old neighbor Harvey Schirmer Jr. a police officer on duty from Ashland NE claims he was abducted by a UFO . I think there was a book about it and i can remember all the kids had old pie tins on there car antennas to look like a flying saucer driving around town

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Back in 1967 my old neighbor Harvey Schirmer Jr. a police officer on duty from Ashland NE claims he was abducted by a UFO . I think there was a book about it and i can remember all the kids had old pie tins on there car antennas to look like a flying saucer driving around town

I had never heard of this story before now. Thanks! http://journalstar.com/lifestyles/misc/comic-book-artist-finds-inspiration-in-ashland-alien-abduction-story/article_27b87be2-3f05-5483-84a9-ad741241a8ba.html

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

As much as I'm not a fan of Carl Sagan, that truly is an excellent movie. An extremely honest take on what would most likely happen if we were contacted in such a manner. A great movie made even better by beautiful background music.
Does the documentary come on a certain release of the BluRay or something? I have a DVD but there aren't really any special features on it. I think it was one of those $1 Black Friday DVD deals. Point me towards it, please!

I have the BR and there are many specials on it and the HD version quality is just jaw dropping. WELL worth the money.

#106 6 years ago

The 80's movie Area 51 with John Gaven is a fun movie, I've watched it many times.

#107 6 years ago

I have seen an odd celestial light show before but it happened while lying on my porch on a beautiful summer night after an evening of fun.

Only thing I remember two fairly bright orbs, stars or whatever seemingly moving in unison until one broke away in a very odd direction. The other left the sky in the same way almost 120 degrees from the direction in was heading and the speed at which it changed direction and left the night sky was crazy fast.

So open minded I am for sure.

BUT. Who looks in the night sky anymore??

I listened to Art and George for years on the radio as I worked. 3rd shift many years. Always got a kick out of the looney tunes that called and the show topics.

My thoughts on UFO and aliens. If you see em coming they are not so smart and we got a chance. If they come and nobody sees or hears them that's when we should worry.

#108 6 years ago

I should start a new thread has anyone seen a Bigfoot. Something I happen to believe in myself along with the ufo/Alien phenomena. I do now believe the two are actually connected after some reading and staying interested in the subjects. I actually went on an expedition last year in Oregon with the BFRO (Bigfoot research organization) and it was a great experience along with my older brother. It was on our bucket list and it was a really cool experience. I did have some strange things happen while there too. There’s more to these subjects, just gotta keep an open mind and not shut out the possibilities....

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

I should start a new thread has anyone seen a Bigfoot. Something I happen to believe in myself along with the ufo/Alien phenomena. I do now believe the two are actually connected after some reading and staying interested in the subjects. I actually went on an expedition last year in Oregon with the BFRO (Bigfoot research organization) and it was a great experience along with my older brother. It was on our bucket list and it was a really cool experience. I did have some strange things happen while there too. There’s more to these subjects, just gotta keep an open mind and not shut out the possibilities....

Cool stuff.

#110 6 years ago

I think I have an alien in my laundry room that steals my socks.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I think I have an alien in my laundry room that steals my socks.

I have one that steals gloves. I must have 6 singles without a mate.

#113 6 years ago

Of course there are UFOs why not
Maybe the reason why they fly away in a hurry lies in Germany

sexy-germoney (resized).jpgsexy-germoney (resized).jpg

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

Of course there are UFOs why not
Maybe the reason why they fly away in a hurry lies in Germany

Looks like some serious talent. She was probably amazing when she was younger and hotter !

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Looks like some serious talent. She was probably amazing when she was younger and hotter !

Haha
In East-Germany it was common to swim in the nude (no joke)
Visit Google and search for 'Angela Merkel nude' and make your own conclusion

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

Visit Google and search for 'Angela Merkel nude' and make your own conclusion

Ok, just looked. Forget the whole younger and hotter comment ! lol

#117 6 years ago

I saw a ufo about 15 years ago. I was driving to work around 5:30 am in NJ and I saw what appeared to be a large airplane on fire streaking across the sky no more than 1000 feet above the ground. It was not moving all that fast and it was only in my field of vision for a few seconds or so. I went to work and told everybody and they of course thought I was crazy. The next day I read in the paper that a Russian satellite crashed in New Hampshire and other people in NJ saw it. I must say it was really cool. I do remember it was only a few days before 911.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I saw a ufo about 15 years ago. I was driving to work around 5:30 am in NJ and I saw what appeared to be a large airplane on fire streaking across the sky no more than 1000 feet above the ground. It was not moving all that fast and it was only in my field of vision for a few seconds or so. I went to work and told everybody and they of course thought I was crazy. The next day I read in the paper that a Russian satellite crashed in New Hampshire and other people in NJ saw it. I must say it was really cool. I do remember it was only a few days before 911.

Good story...and one that explains 99% of UFO sightings (meaning a natural phenomenon) The other 1% are hallucinations or ticks of the visual system. There are no Alien visitors...at least we have zero evidence to suggest such a thing.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Hell yeah it counts, Michael Schenker is so freakin great he must’ve come from another planet.

I saw UFO open for Ozzy on April 24, 1982. I was a Junior in high school. I'll never forget that night. I also saw them on May 7, 2011. They returned to Earth and could still rock it and <pun> were out of this world </pun>.

On a more serious note, a distant relative of mine, snapped 2 photos of a UFO, that made Life magazine in 1950. Dubbed the Trent UFO, it has never been clearly or fully de-bunked.

Trent1_Full_400dpi (resized).jpgTrent1_Full_400dpi (resized).jpg

#121 6 years ago

I own an AFM, an RFM and a BBB, so...yes! (I see UFOs every day in my game room.)

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

On a more serious note, a distant relative of mine, snapped 2 photos of a UFO, that made Life magazine in 1950. Dubbed the Trent UFO, it has never been clearly or fully de-bunked.

I'll just leave this right here: https://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_trent_ufo_photosbest_of_all_timefinally_busted

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

One time I was driving on a dark, lonely stretch of rural highway in Kansas. Middle of the night. I suddenly realize that there is this big, pulsing "thing" floating right above the tree line over a field next to the road. Looked like something strobing multicolored light from inside a cloud or something. No downdraft, so I knew it wasn't a helicopter. It wasn't moving, so it couldn't be a plane.
In that instant, I had to admit that now, here was some evidence for a phenomenon I had previously rejected. I almost stopped to take pictures, but I didn't. And that is when I crested a small hill that I didn't even realize was there. And on the other side, blocked from view, was a cop with his lights on behind the car he just pulled over.
Now, it was clear that the thing was just a low fog bank reflecting the cruiser lights that were blocked from my view. One additional piece of information recast the entire scene. I believe that most, if not all, weird occurrences like this ultimately stem from a simple lack of information. The rest I chalk up to the simple ability of the human mind to fool itself, especially in unfamiliar or stressful situations, and I am always wary of the way memories change over time.
Some reading on that last bit that I found especially fascinating: amazon.com link »

I had a very similar experience -- saw an eerie silver dome hovering in the sky, and stared at it for several minutes, feeling increasingly curious and excited about what I was seeing. And then, finally, another hot air balloon, this one red and thus easily identifiable, floated over the horizon and into view. The color of the hot air balloon I had been staring at, and the way it was reflecting the sunlight, was such that you really couldn't see the basket or other distinguishing features. If the second balloon hadn't shown up, I'd still have a UFO story instead of an IFO story.

I agree with the point made by several other posters: the universe is unfathomably large, so it's hard to imagine there isn't tons of life, and lots of intelligent life, out there. But because almost everything else in the universe is also unfathomably far away from us, it's hard to see how we could ever contact or visit it (or receive visitors from it) without faster than light technology. And because physicists evidently pretty much agree that faster than light travel is not possible, we will remain effectively alone in the universe, even if we strongly suspect there are others like us out there.

#124 6 years ago

All i have to say is that if our physics is correct and nothing in the universe can travel faster than the speed of light, then even if there is life on other planets , we will never ever ever meet. Space is just too vast for it to ever happen...period.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

All i have to say is that if our physics is correct and nothing in the universe can travel faster than the speed of light, then even if there is life on other planets , we will never ever ever meet. Space is just too vast for it to ever happen...period.

Yep. Which is intellectually disappointing, but probably for the best since we'd likely just end up wiping them out, or vice versa.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yep. Which is intellectually disappointing, but probably for the best since we'd likely just end up wiping them out, or vice versa.

If there are other civilizations out there, ive always hoped that they have evolved beyond us myopic and war driven humans !!!

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

so it's hard to imagine there isn't tons of life, and lots of intelligent life, out there. But because almost everything else in the universe is also unfathomably far away from us, it's hard to see how we could ever contact or visit it

The biggest issue is time. It's going to be extremely difficult to pick out a star where life is at the same point in evolution as we are. That would be ideal to find Earth 2 with the same time as right now but it's most likely not in sync. Either they are way past us or way before us.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

So here is the rub... what you are saying is technically correct for today, but ignores the fact that there are definitely maths and technologies we can't even comprehend yet.

Humans today will be cavemen compared to Human intelligence in 100,000 years.

The real problem is getting us to survive that long as a species. EVERYTHING is trying to stop us.

Our main goal right now should be to spread out in the galaxy and universe.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So here is the rub... what you are saying is technically correct for today, but ignores the fact that there are definitely maths and technologies we can't even comprehend yet.
The real problem is getting us to survive that long as a species. EVERYTHING is trying to stop us.
Our main goal right now should be to spread out in the galaxy and universe.

100,000 years? I’ll be happy if we’re still around (in civilized form) in another 10,000 years, which would double the current run of human civilization, and we’re only just now developing the means to effectively wipe ourselves out. Agreed that colonizing Mars will be a key step in increasing odds of survival - redundancy and ability to reseed after inevitable cataclysms would be helpful.

If we pull that off, we can’t even imagine what technologies will evolve. But if the laws of physics don’t change, FTL travel is still not likely to be a crackable nut. And the synchronization issue JimB raised above remains a huge problem. If we have communication tech for 100,000 years, that’s essentially nothing against the billions of years the universe has been habitable. We’d need intelligent aliens to be both very close and sharing our tiny window of time to have any shot at detecting each other.

Not impossible maybe, but seems extraordinarily improbable. Fun to imagine though, I admit!

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

100,000 years? I’ll be happy if we’re still around (in civilized form) in another 10,000 years

Agree with your whole post... but make this 100 years. We survive the next 100 years we are golden. The universe is our oyster. That's a big if.

#131 6 years ago

Yeah I agree humans will be lucky to survive the next 10,000 years, maybe even just the next 1,000.

I definitely feel like if there were aliens that could find Earth today, and have the technology to travel here or communicate with us, that we would be probably too dumb to understand them or communicate with them.

#132 6 years ago

Consider the idea that inter dimensional travel is possible. There have been recent studies, albeit fringe theories that there are other dimensions that we have not yet discovered. It is possible that instead of traveling vast differences in the universe, we have been visited via inter dimensional travel.

#133 6 years ago

Who knows, maybe us worrying about lasting x number of years isn't important. Maybe humans already figured out how to survive and we are their offspring put here originally when they found this planet.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Who knows, maybe us worrying about lasting x number of years isn't important. Maybe humans already figured out how to survive and we are their offspring put here originally when they found this planet.

D2880F27-F90A-4B2D-A279-4FD09893BFB9 (resized).jpegD2880F27-F90A-4B2D-A279-4FD09893BFB9 (resized).jpeg

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Are you sure about that? From my experience, humans seem to be getting dumber and dumber with every generation.

#136 6 years ago

The truth is there is a lot on earth that can't be explained. I am most fascinated with the Puma punka ruins and Tiwanaku. How did humans precision cut monolithic stones weighing over 100 tons, move them 60 miles and drag them up a mountain to be assembled? Ok so Ancient Aliens is my favorite show. Although I have no proof obviously, I personally consider the possibility that humans or similar hominids have been around for billions of years and can't be wiped out because they exist elsewhere in the galaxy and the earth was seeded. It does not make sense that humans are even here on earth, we are unique like no other creatures on earth.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

they exist elsewhere in the galaxy and the earth was seeded. It does not make sense that humans are even here on earth, we are unique like no other creatures on earth.

And those who might have done this haven't necessarily found a way to live that much longer than us. Maybe it was accomplished by traveling here via something we haven't figured out yet and have long passed. Just a cycle of life.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you sure about that? From my experience, humans seem to be getting dumber and dumber with every generation.

Too many people connected to the electronic world and not the real world.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Consider the idea that inter dimensional travel is possible. There have been recent studies, albeit fringe theories that there are other dimensions that we have not yet discovered. It is possible that instead of traveling vast differences in the universe, we have been visited via inter dimensional travel.

Maybe they skype too

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

From my experience, humans seem to be getting dumber and dumber with every generation.

I like money

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

How did humans precision cut monolithic stones weighing over 100 tons, move them 60 miles and drag them up a mountain to be assembled?

Not an insurmountable issue in the least, especially if you are willing to spend human lives to achieve your goals. You can get a lot done if you are willing to sacrifice tens of thousands of subjects in grueling slave labor.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

The truth is there is a lot on earth that can't be explained. I am most fascinated with the Puma punka ruins and Tiwanaku. How did humans precision cut monolithic stones weighing over 100 tons, move them 60 miles and drag them up a mountain to be assembled?

I had an intense discussion with several mates one drunky evening whilst playing pool and pins about this particular question. One of the many theories that came up was the point that over the span of human history many talents/skills, however you wish to describe it, have been developed as a direct result of need at that particular era in time. One of my mates (curiously the one who'd drunk more ) pointed out that even in the span of the industrial age there have been many skills that have become lost (quite often because some bright spark thought of a quicker way to do a job). Another addition to this is that quite a few of these lost skills were never fully documented, rather passed on through families, etc.

#143 6 years ago

If you would like to scare yourself. Try reading the book communion while you are away at a remote place. That's what I did. I was 18.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

If you would like to scare yourself. Try reading the book communion while you are away at a remote place. That's what I did. I was 18.

If only it were a true story.

#146 6 years ago

#3 says it all.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

It's easy to dismiss interstellar travel due to limits of propulsion. If you believe in some of the subsets of string theory, such as branes and superstrings, then it is entirely plausible to have dimensions unconstrained by spacetime.

I don't have an opinion on it either way, but I enjoy reading about it. All that said, I believe the OP was tripping.

#148 6 years ago

You know we the USA have tons of secrets, whether it be secret direct energy weapons, playing mother nature (geo modification , weather modification) or bringing point A to point B via worm hole. Whatever they are releasing today that is 20 30 years old already.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

bringing point A to point B via worm hole

This would be such a major advancement forward for our species it would drastically alter our daily lives, no way that stays secret.

We are just now really scratching the surface of what there is to learn in the universe. The vast majority of our knowledge was only discovered in the past few thousand years, imagine what that will be like in even 100 years.

We only invented the transistor around 70 years ago, look where that got us in a relatively short span of time.... we now carry around magic boxes that give us 24/7 electronic access to the entirely of human knowledge.

Knowing that technology won't stand still, what's the next thing that will blow people's minds?

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Knowing that technology won't stand still, what's the next thing that will blow people's minds?

Lcds replacing dmds

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-see-that-ufo/page/3?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.