• 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Seen a UFO”

• Yes - I've seen a UFO and am prepared to share the details 28 votes
    25%
  • Yes - I've seen a UFO, but am having trouble remembering the details 14 votes
    13%
  • Yes - Well someone I know saw one and I support and believe them 10 votes
    9%
  • No - UFO's are usually a misinterpretation of fact 43 votes
    38%
  • No - Sounds like a bunch of BS, no wa they exist 17 votes
    15%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

384D031F-21C5-442F-A5E0-FE47AABC5DDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180116_141050462 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180116_141040309_HDR (resized).jpg
5E202B3D-AE73-49DF-B94D-14576560C703 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
5652ec2a701b482899f8cee4c7c1115a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
D2880F27-F90A-4B2D-A279-4FD09893BFB9 (resized).jpeg
Trent1_Full_400dpi (resized).jpg
sexy-germoney (resized).jpg
laff 2 (resized).jpg
thing carpenter saucer cut 1 (resized).jpg
SZacyAH (resized).jpg
ostrich-quadrocopter (resized).jpg
BBDD7CF1-6084-4E75-9807-FC79B17AE9C4 (resized).jpeg
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 6 years ago

This is a fairly lengthy vid but an interesting story all the same of a mass sighting in Australia back in 66' and NO i wasn't there personally, just a tad before my time. I've always believed that for anyone to think that in all those billions of galaxies out there with an even larger number of planets that can support life (and remember, that's all kinds of life, not just as we define it), the idea we are alone is preposterous and illogical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2983&v=_vLUySqZCkk

#52 6 years ago

This thread has me thinking about these questions:

1) Aliens and UFO's go together like socks and shoes. With thousands of UFO sighting, where are the aliens? Every ship requires a crew to pilot them, I am guessing a minimum of 3 beings are needed. Aliens wouldn't only reside in space ships, so they would need to be living somewhere. To date, very few aliens if any have been seen.

2) Sightings almost always involve a questionable witness. Either the person is a crackpot, their motives are suspect, they happen to be drunk, the sighting occurs in a remote area or at a time others are not around, they don't document encounter with a camera or video, if pics were taken they are blurry, if video proof is provided it will have been altered etc.

3) Why don't more people get abducted? Almost 100% of UFO stories involve a witness explaining bright lights or ships traveling across the sky. Nobody claims to have been taken or recalls seeing aliens or the inside of a ship. Is that because their brains are scanned and something occurs to make them forget what they saw? Doubtful. Would aliens travel this far to examine humans up close and then not abduct them or try to blow up the planet? Probably not and why don't aliens like us?

4) UFO's must use advanced technology. Reported sightings point to - no sound or exhaust coming from the ships AND unbelievable acceleration. These attributes are so beyond the technology we posses even now, that this aspect alone is probably what keeps people so interested in UFO's. When you are talking about something that could not be physically be built with known materials and factories, just how did they get made and by whom?

Well this has opened some cans of worms and offers no hope of putting the lids back on.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

on july 21 1955, more than 20 people have seen 5 ufo's not far from my house.
to remeber that moment, they made a small monument (in 2003).
it was the first official ufo monument.

translated your web article - hope you don't mind ------------------------

First UFO monument in Europe, located in Lotenhulle.
Published: Saturday, 19 July 2014 00:57 | Written by Super User | Print | Email | Hits: 4431
In the East Flemish Lotenhulle (Belgium) is the first UFO monument in the world. Revenge in 2004 for an UFO observation nearly fifty years ago. On 21.07.1955, the then 17-year-old Paracommando Marin Vandercruyssen (Belgian Ufooog) saw five UFOs floating above the E40 national road with 10 other witnesses.

The memorial is an initiative of the municipality of Aalter (East Flanders, Belgium) with floating power ships Dirk De Smul (CD & V). He gave permission to place the concrete monument with bauwesteen for the church of Lotenhulle where the observation took place. In collaboration with Marin Vandercruyssen and Belgian UFO Network (Bufon) www.ufo.be it was inaugurated in 2004.

"We believe Vandercruyssen, but we also exist. Why could there not be any other developed life in the giant cosmos?" Said De Smul, Dean on Monday in the newspaper The Latest News. According to the municipality, the UFO observation monument is the first in the world.

Witness Vandercruyssen says that the one hundred meter silver disks remained for a period of ten minutes.

"It was a bright day," he says. "I immediately knew that it was UFOs. As a paracommando, I would have noticed it immediately if it were special aircraft."

The observation

July 21, 1955, floating restaurants above Oudenaarde.

Marein Vandercruysen told: On 21 July my father and I drove: from Oudenaarde with the motor to the coast. It was very beautiful and clear weather, near Lotenhulle village near the city of Aalter in East Flanders we saw a group of people standing up look, we stopped to see what was to be seen and saw five large dish-shaped disks in formation above the E40 Gent - Coast float very slowly, like a zeppelin that runs from East to West. The dishes floated in formation, three-front and thieves others in the rear, as they flown very slowly and the sun seemed bright on the discs, in my estimation, each of the disks had to be at least 100m through meter there were no potholes or protrusions, and no noise! Meanwhile, there were already 2 a3 mins hidden, and a few people who stood still on the open bare way next to their car had watched the spectacle, nobody else just a word and looked as hypnosis as up to the enormous overall impressive crowd of this floating disks. From my first surprise, I saw that one could clearly see the frameworks of each disc and that the sun illuminated the silver-like discs clearly above the top without reflecting. However, I could even see the shadows of both above something above the bottom of the colors between the gray and the sun on the dishes became darker in color but still all.

#54 6 years ago

This is a tough one in it's often personal.
Those whose lives and careers reside in science, wish concrete, imperical proof.
I'll agree in the sense that this would be what's needed for all.
Others, whose lives have taken different paths, may have faith as a strong force, which often requires or expects belief in the supernatural.
It extends today from those that believe in 'the force" from Star wars, to a trip to the moon in Chinese Moon Festival.
We are littered in society and life to compound this....books and movies first, and now anything goes through the net.
But science can often overlook things, whether it was the 20 year belief that quantum particles move in and out of dimensions, only recently to be learned it's a reflection from our equipment, to 1982, Science proving that diet soda where healthy, along with OJ, and TV dinners.
Even today, where Science has a coordinated effort and consensus on Global warming, we are not in agreement.
I can only imagine that if a real alien craft came or crashed, and was all over the news, today, we would expect enough coverage to prove, but perhaps an equal amount would say, it's fake, and no proof could persuade them.
I don't believe this was the case prior to 15 years ago.
I'd like to believe some of the unkowns, like this on UFOs, would be resolved, before my time is up.
Loch Ness, and it's answers have been answered, to my satisfaction, maybe UFOs, and what our govt knows will be released.

#56 6 years ago

OK. MY TURN!

After refusing to watch football on TV today because of all the protesting, I've more time on my hands than I expected! So, here's my story.

Back around 1955, I was about 8 years old. We lived WAY out in the country in an isolated area about 30 miles south of Louisville, Kentucky. It was either a Friday or Saturday night, because we were all staying up later than usual because no one had to go to school or work the next day. It was a hot summer night. Perhaps around 10 p.m., my Dad got up to go outside. We had no air conditioning then, and he went out to take in some cool air. He suddenly called for my Mom. Of course, us 3 kids just HAD to jump up too to go see what he needed her so quickly for. That's when I saw "My UFO's"!!!

This ‘event' is as clear in my mind today as it was back then. Here is what we ALL saw: Three (3) golden looking ‘moons' hovering in the night sky, low enough that you only had to tilt your head up a few inches to see them, and they were BIG. They glowed an orange-yellow, like a Harvest Moon, but they were no moon. They were perfect circles and the edges were perfect too. They were solid and the surface was flat. I remember asking my Dad what they were, and he said it was probably ‘something' from the Army from nearby Ft. Knox. But as we stared at them, we all knew this was not ‘projected' light (as in search lights), and it wasn't aircraft because they made no sound, and it was very evident they were flat discs.

These three ‘moon's were perfectly spaced apart, and they very, very slowly moved from left to right across the sky, with the distance between them never wavering, until they went out of sight. This took probably 15 minutes from the time we first saw them until they disappeared. I also remember my Dad taking Mom to the side and talking in hushed tones. I imagine he didn't want to alarm us kids as he probably told her they were ‘flying saucers'!!!

We all looked eagerly at the Sunday newspaper to see the headlines. The Louisville Courier-Journal had a huge staff and circulation, and I just knew they would have a story because so many had seen this phenomenon and they would have the answer as to what they were. There would be proof this was a man-made event, and explainable. Or, proof that we had indeed seen an alien spacecraft! But . . . no headline. No story. Nothing! Upon asking other relatives and friends, no one else had seen those disks that night.

And, I'VE never seen anything like that again! What my family saw that night has baffled me until this day!!!

Mike in Kentucky

#57 6 years ago

My story is long, I've seen them, don't care what others say.
Even when they show up and in fleets, people still won't believe.
Millions see UFOS every video can not be fake, . Space may be vast
And we will get there, we are there already... everything we've been taught to believe
Is a lie

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from UFO:

My story is long, I've seen them, don't care what others say.
Millions see UFOS every video can not be fake, . Space may be vast
And we will get there, we are there already... everything we've been taught to believe
Is a lie

Tell us your tale if you have a chance.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from UFO:

Millions see UFOS every video can not be fake

I fully believe people see Unidentified Flying Objects all the time. I also fully believe that while they are unidentified, none of them are from flying craft from outer space. As for the government some day releasing what they know about aliens; they already have. Every bit of it. They know nothing so there is nothing to release. Simple.

It would be foolish to think that we are alone in the infinite universe. There might even be or have been microbial life on other planets or moons in our solar system. NASA is eagerly trying to find even evidence of microbial life and can't wait to break the news. Big difference between microbial life, dinosaurs and interstellar travelers.

#60 6 years ago

If we're the best this universe has... oh well.

#61 6 years ago

We are the center of the universe...oops, we are the center of the solar system, and all rotates around us...oops, we are the most advanced in the universe...

#62 6 years ago

Don't you think that if aliens had made human contact, that manchild blabbermouth would have let everyone know about it on Twitter already?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Don't you think that if aliens had made human contact, that manchild blabbermouth would have let everyone know about it on Twitter already?

Maybe he wasn't told for that very reason

#64 6 years ago

I've seen UFO's. That is to say I've seen flying objects that I could not identify.

Now what I haven't seen is flying objects that came from another planet.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That you know of

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Unless their minds were reprogrammed to forget. Maybe aliens are here but are disguised among us. Admittedly, the lack of alien sitings compared to number of UFO's seen is puzzling. If 3 beings are required to pilot a UFO and hundreds of thousands of UFO's have been seen to date, where did all the little green men go?

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

where did all the little green men go?

They went to Mexico . . . so they could slip back into the USA through the border.

#68 6 years ago

I did not want to say anything because it is embarrassing. I was playing one of my pins last night and I thought I heard something . I looked up and saw this!!!!

2017-09-26-00-43-16- (resized).jpg2017-09-26-00-43-16- (resized).jpg

#69 6 years ago

When I was in the 5th grade back around 1977, I was on my driveway playing basketball with some friends, so I'm looking up towards the basket...only this time..I saw a "flying disc". No joke. It looked like the classic UFO discription, like a "flying saucer" with spinning lights around the edges. I remember it quite vividly, and it was low enough to clearly see. i should also mention I grew up in Huntington Beach, Ca., where, at the time, was the McDonnell Douglas Aircraft co., later the become Boeing, but the "Space Division" was at this location, I have first hand knowledge. Soooo... just saying, not all "UFO's" are "alien" based IMO. The next day on broadcast news, I saw a report....'people in Orange Co. Ca claim they saw a UFO....."

#70 6 years ago

I did see what they call the Phoenix lights back in whatever year it happened either 1998 or 1999 to my memory when I was in college on my balcony.

#71 6 years ago

I always wanted to see one it never happened yet.

I'm not sure I ever really want it to, now. Too paranoid. This world has enough problems.

#72 6 years ago

While everyone is looking up in the sky all of the aliens are climbing the fence.

Illegal-immigrants-climbing-over-border-fence-e1406659793793 (resized).jpgIllegal-immigrants-climbing-over-border-fence-e1406659793793 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#73 6 years ago

I have never witnessed one myself. My personal thoughts are that we can't be alone, but generally think alot of the sightings are black ops testing things. Just my opinion.

4 weeks later
#74 6 years ago

As a favorite place for UFO's. See Close Encounters of the Third Kind. (Indpls Airport/Muncie Indiana) We get more aliens than most.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=recent+ufo+sightings+in+indiana&view=detail&mid=9DD1DCF918A191F20C499DD1DCF918A191F20C49&FORM=VIRE

1 week later
#75 6 years ago

Interesting story on many internet home pages about a first hand report of a navy pilots experience observing a UFO.
Also the reveal of the pentagon closing down one of their UFO investigative depts. There definitely seems to be more to this than people's imaginations.

#76 6 years ago

When I was around ten, I saw something I've never seen before or since. Don't really care if people believe or not, I respect what I did see enough so that I don't need to question it or make other people believe it.

#77 6 years ago

I seen ufo open for rush in 1977 does that count???

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

I seen ufo open for rush in 1977 does that count???

Hell yeah it counts, Michael Schenker is so freakin great he must’ve come from another planet.

BBDD7CF1-6084-4E75-9807-FC79B17AE9C4 (resized).jpegBBDD7CF1-6084-4E75-9807-FC79B17AE9C4 (resized).jpeg

#79 6 years ago

I saw one !!!!!

ostrich-quadrocopter (resized).jpgostrich-quadrocopter (resized).jpg

....nevermind.. i thought you meant Unidentified Flying Ostrich !!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

When I was around ten, I saw something I've never seen before or since. Don't really care if people believe or not, I respect what I did see enough so that I don't need to question it or make other people believe it.

Why not share your story here, if it's not too personal? I promise not to think any more or less about you. Bored and looking for something entertaining today. Did it involve a certain flying osterich?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sciencetech/video-1439215/VR-headset-helps-ostrich-flight-Samsung-DoWhatYouCant-ad.html

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Interesting story on many internet home pages about a first hand report of a navy pilots experience observing a UFO.
Also the reveal of the pentagon closing down one of their UFO investigative depts. There definitely seems to be more to this than people's imaginations.

You should have linked it.

Ex Govie official speaking.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/18/politics/luis-elizondo-ufo-pentagon/index.html

Navy pilots tracking and talking about it.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2017/12/19/ufo-department-of-defense-orig-lon-ak.cnn

#82 6 years ago

SZacyAH (resized).jpgSZacyAH (resized).jpg

#83 6 years ago

thing carpenter saucer cut 1 (resized).jpgthing carpenter saucer cut 1 (resized).jpg

#84 6 years ago

"You gotta be F^#&ing kidding me..."

#85 6 years ago

It is clear from the evidence that something has been on this earth that is way more intelligent than we are. Consider this. I know that many of you do not believe in the Bible but if you read it it does say that for one humans were far more intelligent before the flood and all that knowledge was lost afterwards. It also says that the angels , who come in many forms, who were cast out would come to earth and interact and breed with human women. If you look at ancient ruins and hieroglyphs from ancient civilizations you will see evidence of flying saucers and beings not from earth. Consider the fact that these were not aliens from other planets but were the fallen angels where were coming and going to and from earth. This would explain the myths of gods and other mythical creatures, whether it be the actual aliens setting themselves up as gods to be worshiped or the offspring from them breeding with women from earth. Also, look at some of the writings from ancient Sumaria. They defiantly talked about beings not from earth interacting with humans. Just consider it.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I've seen UFO's. That is to say I've seen flying objects that I could not identify.

#87 6 years ago

laff 2 (resized).jpglaff 2 (resized).jpg

#88 6 years ago

I would like to believe, but lately I've pondered, with all the cameras in phones these days, why aren't there far more photos of UFOs today than back in the 70s?
I mean people are able to film plane crashes these days, something unheard of 30 years ago.
I feel like I'm the beurocrat from Close Encounters (one of my favorite films), where is the photographic proof?

I also feel if aliens would have to come from far beyond our galaxy, for if they were the same age of humans, and we have only put man on the moon said aliens would have evolved exponentially to us... makes one wonder if that is possible...

Lastly like was said, if we are alone, what a terrible waste of space. I still think it is a statistic certainty life exists beyond our known realms.

Now back to the lighter side of pinside

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I also feel if aliens would have to come from far beyond our galaxy, for if they were the same age of humans, and we have only put man on the moon said aliens would have evolved exponentially to us... makes one wonder if that is possible...

I'm in a same camp as the British physicis, Steven Hawking:

"One day, we might receive a signal from a planet like this," Hawking says in the documentary, referring to a potentially habitable alien world known as Gliese 832c. "But we should be wary of answering back. Meeting an advanced civilization could be like Native Americans encountering Columbus. That didn't turn out so well."

https://www.space.com/34184-stephen-hawking-afraid-alien-civilizations.html

And then there is always the Twilight Zone episode #89 titled "To Serve Man" which turned out to be a cookbook.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_Man_(The_Twilight_Zone)

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And then there is always the Twilight Zone episode #89 titled "To Serve Man" which turned out to be a cookbook.

SPOILER!!!

#91 6 years ago

Kinda strange how the government and Pentagon claiming they have been studying ufos for some time now, but call people crazy when they report. Makes you wonder what the govs got cooking !!!.

#92 6 years ago

Ive seen a lot of crap in my lifetime.. worse is the ghosts or demons that haunted my condo in Chicago. Scared the crap out of me. Voices in the middle of the night ,and growling noises that came to my ear and freaked me out. Sold that place in a hurry!

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Makes you wonder what the govs got cooking !!!.

Meth most likely.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I would like to believe, but lately I've pondered, with all the cameras in phones these days, why aren't there far more photos of UFOs today than back in the 70s?

go look on youtube, there's tons of footage of sightings. Problem is it's so far away, you can't get decent footage with digital zoom. Now if everyone was carrying one of these around, we might get some good footage!

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

It was bright orange-- not the typical color of plane lights, and appeared to be burning. We watched it for about 90 seconds, as it crossed from horizon to horizon, making no noise. It *looked* like a very large flare, but it was moving too fast and burning too long. It was low-- as it was at it's closest to us, it was almost due west of our location. Someone about a mile away to the west from my physical location also saw it, and they said it appeared to the east to them-- so it would seem to indicate that whatever it was was less that 1/2 mile high in the air

Did it look like this:

It's clearly jenna marbles (famous youtuber) and her boyfriend's separate channel. While they do silly videos, they don't seem to do anything fake which makes it slightly more credible. Also it was filmed by multiple people on that day.. sort of hard to fake the same event from multiple angles:

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, I have always been fascinated with the Phoenix Lights from around ten years ago.

I was visiting Phoenix the day it happened, but did not see anything

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It also says that the angels , who come in many forms, who were cast out would come to earth and interact and breed with human women.

I think muh wife must be one of them thar aliens that likes ta breed. She can get pregnant if I just look at her sideways with one of muh reel sexy looks!
And she ain't no angel neither!!!

Mike in Kain'tuck

#99 6 years ago

I recently read the new Dan Brown book 'Origin' which has some interesting ideas regarding alien life forms and how life began on earth.
For those who like this author or topic, it's a fun read.
And I have seen a UFO.

2 weeks later
#100 6 years ago

People are weird.

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-see-that-ufo/page/2?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.