(Topic ID: 106659)

Did you preordered THLE? Are you going to...

By Survey_said

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by heckheck
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I preordered THLE, With the reveal and reviews from expo I am now going to...”

• Change my order to the Smaug SE, nice option, Thanks Jack 62 votes
    26%
  • Keep my LE as is, I liked what I have seen 17 votes
    7%
  • Cancel my order, too much negative press 77 votes
    32%
  • Wait for more info & developments before deciding 85 votes
    35%

(241 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg
panel4.jpg
panel3.jpg
panel2.jpg
panel1.jpg
images.jpg
IMG_20141017_201625.jpg
George_Michael_Faith.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think this is JJP's Ironman fast and furious

BWAHAHAHAHHAA!!!

Nooooo....not even remotely. I've played it...it's not fast or furious.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Where at the Expo with the super lights and background noise? What was the pitch? Ready to dismiss another pin based on a few plays, Sorry but someone who gives TFG a 10 holds no water with me.

There's one Hobbit available to play and form an opinion on, and it's the one that was just on Expo. My opinion on the speed of the game is invalid? OK. Love that logic. You compared this game to Iron Man lol... It's generally hard for a widebody to be fast. Even STTNG, from the king of flow, isn't as fast as Iron Man...but it's faster than this game. Popeye's faster than this game lol....in any case, I don't judge games on speed - I love plenty of non-speedy games - just, you brought up Iron Man...lol..anyway....

As for the background noise - Hobbit was being blasted through gigantic speakers - when you were playing Hobbit, you could only hear Hobbit! What show noise!?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Between The Hobbit and TWD and all the negativity I'm surprised the mood slime from Ghostbusters 2 is running underground in Chicago right now.

No negativity in Lebowski-land! Runaway smash hit of the show!

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from PinheadBE:

Come on, guys !
Don't bash JJP because the game code still needs some improvement (understatement inside)....
When the first MET from stern were shipped, they were barely functional.

However, Met always LOOKED & PLAYED incredible, even when the code was lacking. Hobbit looks bad and doesn't really seem to play that great. Yes, I only played it a few times but...what else can I go by at this point. The first few times I played Met I was like "HOLY SHIT WOOOOO!!!"

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I heard it was a journey just to make it up and over the FT ramp. Which turned into a There and Back Again SDTM drain.

I saw a guy back and forth combo it for like a minute straight ...after the WOZ "flippergate", I learned my lesson not to get hung up on flipper strength at shows. Flippers just tend to be weak at shows. It felt very sluggish to me, but I don't want to bitch about it because JJP has proven that their games have flipper strength (and adjustable at that).

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I wish TBL lovers would go back to the second coming TBL threads and stay away from Hobbit threads, I mean I doubt half these guys are even buying the pin.

Look, I'm a pinball lover. I went to the show and played everything I could. I'm just giving you my honest opinions based on my experience. I LOOOVE my LOTR pin and I would love to love Hobbit and have them side-by-side. I have massive respect for EVERYONE designing and building pinball machines. I don't LIKE having negative opinions about stuff, cuz I know all the pinball peeps read this stuff and I don't feel good about hurting their feelings....but at the same time I'm a customer, I buy these things...and for the money - I have to have an opinion! Sometimes it's negative. Sowwy.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'm a concerned Hobbit buyer who thinks TBL blew it away. I'm supposed to be getting one of the first pins off the line, so I'm really trying to figure out if I should stay in or get out. I paid a premium when trading for this spot with CraZ4Pin. If somebody offered me cash for my spot right now I'd take it. It just makes me sad it went this way...just so disappointed and can't see how code can make this better

OK I'll try to think of a positive comment....

The lip sync of the Smaug toy is very accurate when talking.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Is there a currently active designer?

That is the mystery, isn't it...Pat Lawlor is off doing his own thing. Does JJP have mechanical engineers? I would assume that they're "the designer" for the Hobbit as of right now.

1 week later
#273 9 years ago

Did you…did you just jizz on TaTa?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-preordered-thle-are-you-going-to?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.