(Topic ID: 106659)

Did you preordered THLE? Are you going to...

By Survey_said

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by heckheck
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I preordered THLE, With the reveal and reviews from expo I am now going to...”

• Change my order to the Smaug SE, nice option, Thanks Jack 62 votes
    26%
  • Keep my LE as is, I liked what I have seen 17 votes
    7%
  • Cancel my order, too much negative press 77 votes
    32%
  • Wait for more info & developments before deciding 85 votes
    35%

(241 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg
panel4.jpg
panel3.jpg
panel2.jpg
panel1.jpg
images.jpg
IMG_20141017_201625.jpg
George_Michael_Faith.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_in_nc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

I must admit I am a little concerned by the initial reviews but have faith there is more to come.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I noticed exactly the same thing. Duplicate account set up by existing Pinsider trying to hide his identity.
rd.

Exactly, I created the poll. Wanted an anonymous ID to keep the survey from being tainted by those that may not agree with me or my views. (been tagged as a JJP fanboy by many though I do also call a spade a spade too) Didn't do a very good job of covering my tracks though. Poorly thought out on my part with so much suspicion surrounding the subject.

#55 9 years ago

It's safe to say we have seen all that Smaug can do but nothing of what it will do based on jacks comments and the reveal. It would be nice if we could get a statement saying something like this is or is not the complete game we will be receiving and if the lockdown bar interacts with elements already shown or something yet to be revealed. That would Go a long way toward settling the unease raised by the reveal while still allowing Jack the surprise factor space he might have left up his sleeve.

#61 9 years ago

Crazy. We got it! you believe it's all there and you may be right but it's done when Jack says it's done not based on your interpretation of his comments. I simply am asking what many here are asking, for a clear statement on what we can expect. If this is it, fine, I still say hold off on passing judgement on an unfinished product. Jack has said there is more to reveal but didn't say this is it harware wise. When you read between the lines you are making assumptions. You know what they say about that. So again we get it you think it's 95% there you said it a dozen times on several strings. Please feel free to add value if you have any to but that message has most certainly been delivered.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Oh, lol.
Fine (John), I'll shut up now. You can be happy about that.

Don't get wrong, you have made some decent observations but you DO sometimes get a bit repetitive. Please don't stop posting but keep it fresh

#72 9 years ago

What if.... Hardware IS 100% complete but some art and features ware not shown at expo because the 3rd movie is not out yet. Anyone think this is a possible scenario? We know there are things and features excluded in expo like the bar button. How long did we know about the crystal ball on woz until the final reveal? Am I setting myself up? Maybe, maybe not...

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I think we knew about the crystal ball 6-8 months before game #1 actually shipped? It was not revealed all that late in the game (certainly more than 3 months before game #1 shipped). Even then, the crystal ball was a well-known rumor for MUCH longer then that. If there really was a surprise coming ... they've made it one heck of a secret (unless it really is a 5" lcd that was rumored.) And I'm not sure a 5" lcd will save the day anyway!

I think we agree the reveals are on a shorter timeline than WoZ which was painstakingly long.
Reading between the lines myself anyone else find it curious we had a full playfield view at Expo but the playfield pictures are conspicuously missing from JJPs web site and flyer?

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Possibly because they haven't finished a few decals (someone noted they mentioned possibly adding ramp decals and/or etchings in the ramps?). There could be a few more lights or pf lighting effects added? I think there will certainly be a few small details like this added ... so why take pictures until it is 100%
If JJP is holding back on a big surprise I think it is a remarkably poor business decision (shocking even) to not at least hint right now that a big playfield surprise is coming (such as an lcd.)

We agree, If there is something more coming, why not say... "wait for it..." Perhaps that's what they are doing privately, maybe not. But then again I certainly understand JJPs hesitation to share ANYTHING here. No matter what they say it gets lambasted or expectations and assumptions go wild only to grow beyond what is planned. Remember the subway camera rumor? How silly was that? Even things said on the JJP forum seems to have a straight line over to here.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

74% are either cancelling or need more info before deciding if they are going to stay in. WOW. not good.

Take these numbers with a grain of salt. It's in no way an accurate measure, too easily corrupted by those with an agenda and there seems to be a lot of fanboys from other camps that for whatever reason relish peeing in others corn flakes.

#92 9 years ago

I find it pretty immature when people post stupid stuff behind relative anonymity of a keyboard vs talking to a person face to face. You know who you are, not singling anyone out here but how about upping your maturity and game and posting thoughtful comments? Anything I have posted about JJP or Stern or PPS I would (and have) say direct to them. I have criticism and praise for each but I at least try to be civil and constructive.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I saw a guy back and forth combo it for like a minute straight ...after the WOZ "flippergate", I learned my lesson not to get hung up on flipper strength at shows. Flippers just tend to be weak at shows. It felt very sluggish to me, but I don't want to bitch about it because JJP has proven that their games have flipper strength (and adjustable at that).

+1 calling an open pf layout with adjustable pitch and flipper strength, "U" turn ramp, and a third flipper slow seems a bit counter-intuitive to me. This game can be tweaked to be as fast as you would ever want it to be. Widebody pins may seem slow because points of reference are further apart, kind of like a tall high sitting truck seems to be slower at 50 mph than a go cart would.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thats funny because most of us went to expo and did meet face to face and shot the shit and had honest opinions on both sides. Where were you?
I post here and as many I met honest and the exact damn thing I will say to your face.

I didn't call you out, you just did though.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

lol, yes John you nailed me and the others who meet face to face and gave honest interaction while you make your point in your underwear back home.
Just ridiculous arguing with people who have no founded opinions.
Your specific comment was about anonominty yet we made the effort and you did not .
So ok , zing you got me...

Damn, I keep forgetting to turn off the camera, thanks! I'm sure you are candid and unfiltered with your buds, I am as well but you missed my point. All I was saying is people shouldn't post dickish comments, on a public forum. What may be funny to your crowd might be offensive to those that are the brunt of the joke. Like, that was out loud dude...

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Getting a refund should not be a problem (although it took a few weeks before I got my check.)
Id be surprised if these polls are overly accurate. I really think people should take a deep breath after this weekend and wait a little longer to see what more might get done.

I seriously doubt JJP will get a 30% cancellation based on all this. Canceling a pre-order now gets you what? you step out of line and when they deliver on the promise to top WoZ, you'll be kicking yourself because now you just cost yourself $1500 to get in back of the line for a Smaug SE. Actually you won't be able to get one as that door will have closed.

Actually all this hubbub is a good thing. JJP will be on their toes to prove the doubters wrong, that WoZ was not a one hit wonder.

I'm sitting tight and am confident there are more good things to come and hopefully some (good) surprises.

As for cosmetics and Smaug interaction, I don't think it's near done. Smaug will directly interact when the ramp diverter is integrated as it's tail. Hopefully that is done well.

#171 9 years ago

I still think the book is a red herring.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I thought the switch to smaug gold (with better art) was free for paid-up preorders?

It is but the cabinets come with regular decals. The super thick glossy decals are an upgrade now.

#221 9 years ago

So I am changing my vote from on the fence option to all in on Smaug SE, also added playfield protector and upgraded cabinet decals. With the feedback directly from Jack assuring he will address ALL the concerns voiced here (understood to the best of his ability and within reason) and assurance that the game revealed was little more than a demo slightly more advanced than WoZ was when we got our first chance to flip it, I have full confidence the game will be epic and beautiful as we have come to expect from JJP. All in!!

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Im on the fence about this game, we dont know how many people truly dumped their preorder and I fear if its a large amount JJP will end up in financial trouble and I dont want to get caught essentially donating my money to a business that could end up bankrupt. Everyone knows that the preorders have funded jjp and without them its game over.

Believe it or not there are customers outside of pinside. I have absolutely no worries that even if the above poll is accurate that JJP is in any trouble whatsoever.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Yeah, and on other forums they are all blown away by Smaug.....
Naughty pinside!
Zzzzzzzz

Some people just play pinball rather than get online and talk about it. Silly amateurs

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

My hope is that if TH ends up on the failure list It will turn out the way Safe Cracker did. That Machine had some great ideas and yet it failed because the public was not ready for something that different. Most of the machines were sent over to Europe and now they are nearly impossible to find. If you do find a good one with all working parts including the wings you cant buy it for under 8 K. TH has some great features and with all the modes, it has great potential. Problem is how many of those modes are all from bashing drop targets. That maybe a little too repetitious for me and would render the game boring. But like I said, I have faith in JJP. It is my first Game and I am hoping Jack comes through big in the end. Worse thing that could happen is I sell it or make a trade.

Seems silly the argument that there will be boring mode variations on a drop target, target, scoop, ramp & lane game vs a ramp, target & lane game like LOTR. Granted LOTR has far fewer modes than TH will have but the variations with the far fewer possible shots/combos on LOTR are nothing short of brilliant. Add the extra variables on TH of drops, scoops user controlled ramp diverter and it creates near infinite variation possibilities, not just hit this drop, that drop. Get real guys! Repetition can be fun too, who does not like getting loop champion on HS2?

#272 9 years ago

It will be great. I was excited to see a flow game when the playfield was revealed, the theme, monitor, audio, pop-ups, and the reveal of the intended depth will make this game killer fun. Upon reflection the initial negative Expo sentiment (being amplified and exaggerated here) was understandable. How could the game be fun with a flippable demo with no rules and an open pf coupled with the admittedly disappointment of the initial Smaug toy reveal? We all imagined something very much more given the anticipation that has built up over the last year. Take a step back, consider the talent and possibilities this game has behind it. My excitement has been rekindled after the Expo wet blanket. All the hubbub will only make the game even better as JJP is forced to pay extra sharp attention to prove all the naysayers 100% wrong on the rash judgement they handed out.

4 weeks later
#276 9 years ago

So who wants to change their vote now? JJP listened and responded in many big ways. If you voted you would cancel, did you? Are you second guessing that decision now? I was a "wait and see" I like what I'm seeing and am solidly in for the long haul now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_in_nc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-preordered-thle-are-you-going-to?tu=john_in_nc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.