(Topic ID: 106659)

Did you preordered THLE? Are you going to...

By Survey_said

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by heckheck
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I preordered THLE, With the reveal and reviews from expo I am now going to...”

• Change my order to the Smaug SE, nice option, Thanks Jack 62 votes
    26%
  • Keep my LE as is, I liked what I have seen 17 votes
    7%
  • Cancel my order, too much negative press 77 votes
    32%
  • Wait for more info & developments before deciding 85 votes
    35%

(241 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg
panel4.jpg
panel3.jpg
panel2.jpg
panel1.jpg
images.jpg
IMG_20141017_201625.jpg
George_Michael_Faith.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lotr-Hobbit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#190 9 years ago

I sense a bit of frenzied panic by the Pinside faithful here. While I agree what was shown of the Hobbit in Chciago was lacking, I think we need to look a bit at history here. JJP had its struggles with making deadlines for WOZ too ( I am opening a NIB WOZ this weekend). And frankly, nothing would have lived up to the hype anyway. It is sort of like the stock market-you buy on the rumor and sell on the news. Give JJP a chance here. Some of this will get fixed. And realistically, in today's business environment with the heavy tax structure and high mandated costs of full time employees, $7500 for a machine of this complexity really isn't out of line. The LCD, RGB LED lighting, and intensive intrinsic diagnostic and repair technology all have real value. (As an aside, it was interesting to me in this on-line, on-screen era, people are still hyped about color DMD's. Moreover, I am surprised the pinball culture and industry even still embrace DMD's.) So relax and allow things to play out here a bit longer. JJP has sat on your $ for 1 1/2 years already. Give it more time before you cancel. If you cancel now, all you are doing is relinquishing your chance to buy TH SE for $ 7500 and replacing it with the opportunity to buy at $9000. Granted, a clever play by JJP, but so be it. Ten years from now, TH will be in the pinside top 20, and probably the top 10 based on its technology and complexity of game play. I doubt if the same will be true for Star Trek, Tron, Iron Man, Avengers, TWD, X-men, Mustang, and so much of the other drek Stern has churned out recently.....remember RCT??? JJP, unlike Stern, has allowed us to watch the development of this game during much of its progress. And I suspect that the pinside response to earlier renditions motivated him to make some significant changes, e.g., dump the 4th flipper and get rid of the ballchinian goblin on the cabinet. And although time is short, hopefully the most recent criticisms will guide JJP even further. And besides, if JJP doesn't get it right, your copy of the Hobbit will become quite rare and valuable as one of just a few manufactured by what could become a relatively short-lived company (NOT my wish by the way). Bottom line....sit tight and chillax!!!!

#192 9 years ago

You naysayers may be correct. It may all become clear to us in the next few months. But perhaps it will take a few years before the full value and impact of this game will be understood.

1 week later
#259 9 years ago

Hi. I opened a NIB WOZ this weekend. It exceeded my expectations for beauty, quality, and play. I have a TH pre-ordered and fully paid for. Although there is always uncertainty in all decisions we make, I suspect TH will also ultimately be a great game. JJP' s business model does not work unless the games produced are top-notch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lotr-Hobbit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-preordered-thle-are-you-going-to?tu=Lotr-Hobbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.