(Topic ID: 106659)

Did you preordered THLE? Are you going to...

By Survey_said

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by heckheck
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I preordered THLE, With the reveal and reviews from expo I am now going to...”

• Change my order to the Smaug SE, nice option, Thanks Jack 62 votes
    26%
  • Keep my LE as is, I liked what I have seen 17 votes
    7%
  • Cancel my order, too much negative press 77 votes
    32%
  • Wait for more info & developments before deciding 85 votes
    35%

(241 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg
panel4.jpg
panel3.jpg
panel2.jpg
panel1.jpg
images.jpg
IMG_20141017_201625.jpg
George_Michael_Faith.jpg

There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 4 years ago

Looks nice.

what is the different between the Standard and update

i know now from Jack

replaceable artwork means:
you have a clear plastic which will be printed from the packside
like a playfield plastic and will be clued to the cabinet
so when you have to repair a cabinet it is easier to do

but i am not sure what the "update" is
and how could it look better

!?!?!

#202 4 years ago

I wish the Smaug head in the game looked like the Smaug on the cabinet.
Hanging in as I think th will turn out well.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Flippers just tend to be weak at shows.

The flipper strength on the games in the free play area, and other booths (TBL) were just fine.

#204 4 years ago

I've upgraded my pre-order to the Smaug Gold SE. Jack has stated we haven't seen everything...that is fact...many things missing from the Expo game shown with beyond basic code presented. This game will be one hell of a ride once completed no doubt. I hung in there with my ECLEWOZ pre-order (couldn't be happier with the finished product) and will do the same here.

If you cancelled because of what's been released and shown so far I think it's a mistake. Why not wait to see the finished product? It's only a couple months away now. You could always cancel later if you wish.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I wish TBL lovers would go back to the second coming TBL threads and stay away from Hobbit threads, I mean I doubt half these guys are even buying the pin.

that sounds like something the carpet pissers would say...

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Obviously he's not a golfer...

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I'm amazed how little seems to have been learned from the WOZ experience, this is the same kind of over reaction that accompanied its first reveals with immature code. Granted, the time line for changes seems much smaller, but I have faith that in the end, JJP will get this right, and it will be great!
Let's look at some positives for a change:
The sound and animations are outstanding, Smaug video integration gave me chills. This games display will be the best in pinball history, period!!
The Smaug edition is a great idea, costs no extra to switch if you have a preorder in good standing and doesn't increase the # of LE's. Seems everyone wanted more Smaug art on the cabinet, JJP has delivered.
The new cabinet process is nothing short of stunning, I've attached a picture I took of it in the vendor hall, you can see the reflection of the tables behind me, finish is incredible!!

IMG_20141017_201625.jpg 254 KB

Youre right it is stunning and will cost us $400 more to have those decals at that quality.

#208 4 years ago

True, I would like to have someone that is not biased to look at the regular version versus the super thick and say if it is worth it or not. I am leaning toward adding it, but not if it makes little difference.

Edit: The reason I an considering adding it is because the machine will be standing alone (no other pins) in my game room. So the sides will be fully visible.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

True, I would like to have someone that is not biased to look at the regular version versus the super thick and say if it is worth it or not. I am leaning toward adding it, but not if it makes little difference.
Edit: The reason I an considering adding it is because the machine will be standing alone (no other pins) in my game room. So the sides will be fully visible.

I love beautiful side art as much as the next guy but in my game room I play with the lights dimmed so I dont see the benefit of spending $400 on something that A: wont be seen in all its glory most of the time and B: should be included with the LE.

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I'm amazed how little seems to have been learned from the WOZ experience, this is the same kind of over reaction that accompanied its first reveals with immature code. Granted, the time line for changes seems much smaller, but I have faith that in the end, JJP will get this right, and it will be great!
Let's look at some positives for a change:
The sound and animations are outstanding, Smaug video integration gave me chills. This games display will be the best in pinball history, period!!
The Smaug edition is a great idea, costs no extra to switch if you have a preorder in good standing and doesn't increase the # of LE's. Seems everyone wanted more Smaug art on the cabinet, JJP has delivered.
The new cabinet process is nothing short of stunning, I've attached a picture I took of it in the vendor hall, you can see the reflection of the tables behind me, finish is incredible!!

IMG_20141017_201625.jpg 254 KB

Does anyone know if these new upgraded decals can be put on WOZ or the 75th woz?

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Does anyone know if these new upgraded decals can be put on WOZ or the 75th woz?

We will make them available for WOZ in a couple of months - we have ordered them.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Did I pee on your Carpet, Did I. I was a little upset over the weekend and have made peace with TH presentation, plus knowing it's not the final product yet has eased my tension, could not be happier that a new company has made a great pin. Theme isn't for me although I love the film, enjoy.

#213 4 years ago

I am really thinking about getting the 75 WOZ now - that pin looks amazing. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on it is due to wanting the hobbit more. But the more I read reviews on WOZ the more I think it would be a great pin to have in a home game room.

What to do? What to do...

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

No way in hell. My WOZ has been down since I got it over a year ago. Why would I do it again? !

Ticket number and issue? I'm not aware of any game thats down for any extended period of time. PM me. I can get your game running. I just don't see how a game is down for any length of time, that's not how we operate.

#215 4 years ago

This may or may not help...IMO...

I pre-ordered and now own an ECLEWOZ pin and it by far has the deepest rule set and is the most visually stimulating fun playing pin I have ever owned (or played). It is a highly polished 'top shelf' pin...simply on another level...a level onto which few others can claim space. One of the few pins that has the ability to totally suck you in even if the theme isn't your favorite cup of tea. Again IMO.

Quoted from Goronic:

I am really thinking about getting the 75 WOZ now - that pin looks amazing. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on it is due to wanting the hobbit more. But the more I read reviews on WOZ the more I think it would be a great pin to have in a home game room.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Proceed with caution, I have had a chance to really play the shit out of this game and it is good but unless you like that film and make sure your not going by how you felt when you were 9 years old then you might make a mistake. Looks beautiful and plays nice but for me follow the yellow brick road song could cause a suicide and not that it matters to many people but theme is just way to girly for me, I tried to like it but just couldn't get past that factor. Keep in mind I kept a Robocop longer than XmenLE due to theme so I guess you could say I'm a freak.

#217 4 years ago

Dick Jones runs OCP.

images.jpg

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

WoZ is an impressive table; a rarity. I just hate that theme music.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Dick Jones runs OCP.

images.jpg 7 KB

I love Robocop. We need a new pin with that license.

#220 4 years ago

DP should make it after TBL is all done based on the first 2, need Kain and nuke. That's a good amount of material and what a cool pin it would be.

#221 4 years ago

So I am changing my vote from on the fence option to all in on Smaug SE, also added playfield protector and upgraded cabinet decals. With the feedback directly from Jack assuring he will address ALL the concerns voiced here (understood to the best of his ability and within reason) and assurance that the game revealed was little more than a demo slightly more advanced than WoZ was when we got our first chance to flip it, I have full confidence the game will be epic and beautiful as we have come to expect from JJP. All in!!

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Proceed with caution, I have had a chance to really play the shit out of this game and it is good but unless you like that film and make sure your not going by how you felt when you were 9 years old then you might make a mistake. Looks beautiful and plays nice but for me follow the yellow brick road song could cause a suicide and not that it matters to many people but theme is just way to girly for me, I tried to like it but just couldn't get past that factor. Keep in mind I kept a Robocop longer than XmenLE due to theme so I guess you could say I'm a freak.

We agree to disagree, I havent even watched WOZ all the way through and I think the game is a blast (wifey originally was the one who showed the interested in getting a WOZ). Not that I have a large amount of pin experience, but the interactive features, goals, lighting.. I've had mine about a year and I still enjoy playing it like it arrived yesterday (still havent beat the damn which, arg, but I don't get to put THAT much time into it, heh)

#223 4 years ago

Im on the fence about this game, we dont know how many people truly dumped their preorder and I fear if its a large amount JJP will end up in financial trouble and I dont want to get caught essentially donating my money to a business that could end up bankrupt. Everyone knows that the preorders have funded jjp and without them its game over.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

We agree to disagree, I havent even watched WOZ all the way through and I think the game is a blast (wifey originally was the one who showed the interested in getting a WOZ). Not that I have a large amount of pin experience, but the interactive features, goals, lighting.. I've had mine about a year and I still enjoy playing it like it arrived yesterday (still havent beat the damn which, arg, but I don't get to put THAT much time into it, heh)

I agree, fun game but I have a thing with theme no matter how good a pin might be if the theme isn't there for me I just can't enjoy it and vice versa.

#225 4 years ago

WOZ is a great pinball machine. A terrific first pin showing for a pinball virgin company. Once they got past the light board issues the game is also rock solid. My only beef is the upper right flipper on the main play field, what exactly are you supposed to shoot at?

WOZ just stands out in a collection, screams modern and is a theme all ages can enjoy. I truly don't get how some people can dislike a timeless classic movie like WOZ, it's like hating Wonderful Life, Willy Wonka and A Christmas Story. But to each their own.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

WOZ is a great pinball machine. A terrific first pin showing for a pinball virgin company. Once they got past the light board issues the game is also rock solid. My only beef is the upper right flipper on the main play field, what exactly are you supposed to shoot at?
WOZ just stands out in a collection, screams modern and is a theme all ages can enjoy. I truly don't get how some people can dislike a timeless classic movie like WOZ, it's like hating Wonderful Life, Willy Wonka and A Christmas Story. But to each their own.

I'm with you on Christmas Story but the rest "Screams modern" more like screams I watch the designer guy's, I'm sorry I couldn't help that.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Im on the fence about this game, we dont know how many people truly dumped their preorder and I fear if its a large amount JJP will end up in financial trouble and I dont want to get caught essentially donating my money to a business that could end up bankrupt. Everyone knows that the preorders have funded jjp and without them its game over.

Believe it or not there are customers outside of pinside. I have absolutely no worries that even if the above poll is accurate that JJP is in any trouble whatsoever.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Haunted Forest skill shot and access to forest in general.
Wicked Witch.
I've also found it useful for getting the R,A, or I on rebound from rainbow targets.
That flipper will KILL you on the exposed pop bumper, so careful!

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Haunted Forest skill shot and access to forest in general.
Wicked Witch.
I've also found it useful for getting the R,A, or I on rebound from rainbow targets.
That flipper will KILL you on the exposed pop bumper, so careful!

And, I use it to get another hit on the Winkie target, yes its not hard to do and helpful in getting back up to the upper left.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Believe it or not there are customers outside of pinside. I have absolutely no worries that even if the above poll is accurate that JJP is in any trouble whatsoever.

Yeah, and on other forums they are all blown away by Smaug.....

Naughty pinside!

Zzzzzzzz

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

WOZ is a great pinball machine. A terrific first pin showing for a pinball virgin company.
(...)
WOZ just stands out in a collection, screams modern and is a theme all ages can enjoy.

Agreed! The drama is that TH does not in its current state.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Yeah, and on other forums they are all blown away by Smaug.....
Naughty pinside!
Zzzzzzzz

Some people just play pinball rather than get online and talk about it. Silly amateurs

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I find the right upper flipper provides the best skill shot to start the witch hurry-ups while also giving a decent skill-shot points award. You have to start and win the witch hurry-ups to advance to fireball frenzy.
Another thing that the right flipper is good for is controlling the ball by directing the ball to the lower left flipper when the munchkin magnet captures the ball and releases it.

You also have to lift the upper right flipper to make the horse of a different color award shot.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Um I realize there are customers outside of pinside and nothing in my posts was speaking about it, theres a reason Jack frequents pinside because it a good barometer of what his customer base thinks. The main consensus at the expo was the game is a flop and that is not just pinsiders. So I think my feelings are a legit concern, JJP is too young of a company to have a flop and have a bunch of people request refunds. Ill wait till the IAAPA in November and make my decision then, I just hope all turns out good.

#235 4 years ago

I love the idea of a game super loaded with computer controlled drop targets, rock the boat ramps, and 4 pop-up enemy bash target.
It is a huge departure from the fan layout of so many games.

IMHO the layout is a winner, the code will be what brings this home.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

IMHO the layout is a winner

Two ramps so close together that they feel like one ramp. Ball has problem going up the ramps because they are placed too far. Pop-bumpers closed off. It has a useless flipper. Empty looking.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

Two ramps so close together that they feel like one ramp. Ball has problem going up the ramps because they are placed too far. Pop-bumpers closed off. It has a useless flipper. Empty looking.

Of note from this and other threads, the flipper strength can be adjusted which should fix any issue of not making it up the ramps. I do not think this problem was mentioned at Expo, but I may have missed it. As for the upper right flipper, I believe the thought behind it was that it will act as the wind lance for the dragon shot (not confirmed but speculation from the forums based on the same observation that is appears to serve no purpose).

Time will tell, but wanted to throw that out there for you.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Some people just play pinball rather than get online and talk about it. Silly amateurs

Oh good. Then they can stay oblivious to all the folks that went to shows and played, took pics and video of the game. They are happy ignoring fact and playing while having no idea where their dollars are going.
Boy they are way ahead...

#239 4 years ago

I'm out - don't see the best case scenario being that great, particularly for a family game which needs to entertain the kids in our house. Switched to a WOZ 75th. I do expect it will be a good game for skilled players in the end...

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

I do expect it will be a good game for skilled players in the end...

I don't have much time on WOZ and am certainly not a skilled player, but it was interesting watching Bowen on the last PAPA live broadcast. Can't recall ever seeing him so apathetic about a game. Doesn't mean it's not a great game especially for the family, but not sure it's a top "skill" game unless you mean brainpower to learn the rules.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I don't have much time on WOZ and am certainly not a skilled player, but it was interesting watching Bowen on the last PAPA live broadcast. Can't recall ever seeing him so apathetic about a game. Doesn't mean it's not a great game especially for the family, but not sure it's a top "skill" game unless you mean brainpower to learn the rules.

It absolutely is a skilled players game. Have you not played it?

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Oh good. Then they can stay oblivious to all the folks that went to shows and played, took pics and video of the game. They are happy ignoring fact and playing while having no idea where their dollars are going.
Boy they are way ahead...

I went to a food tasting a couple of days ago. There was a chef there with a new dish that I couldn't wait to try. Others before me got to try it first, and they didn't like it. I guess I can't like it now either because all the food "experts" don't. Now I can go read all the posts about it on the food forum, or I can just go eat. I think I'll eat.

#243 4 years ago

panel1.jpg panel2.jpg panel3.jpg panel4.jpg panel5.jpg panel6.jpg panel7.jpg
#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

When you're paying $8,000 for a GAME ... should you really have to even think about it?? It should just be so over-the-top gorgeous and jaw dropping at this price range IMO. That was what was promised when JJP introduced the pinball world to this new price reality. Theme aside ... WOZ seemed to justify the price. But TH? A serious step back (while leaving the price the same.)

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It absolutely is a skilled players game. Have you not played it?

A couple dozen times but not enough to really form an opinion. Didn't word my comment well. It was certainly difficult to put up a high score but in a different way than games like Shadow or ACDC that are generally viewed as unkind to casual players. Was just surprised with Bowen's reaction to the game.

#246 4 years ago

dude. those pictures were pretty funny. forget all the photoshop on game features. keep all the photoshop on jack and gary coming lol

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

So I am changing my vote from on the fence option to all in on Smaug SE. I have full confidence the game will be epic and beautiful as we have come to expect from JJP. All in!!

Seriously? Every post you've made suggested you have always been all in. Regardless, do games always have to be "epic" in order to be worth buying? Every time someone decides they're going to buy a game they're on here preaching to the world that their new purchase will just be EPIC! I'm glad you're buying because somebody needs to support Jersey Pinball financially and it would be nice to see some of these games for sale in another year. I bet the game will be very good ... but far from epic (unless it remains an "epic" fail) .. but most certainly far from what it could have been if JJP had just listened to customers starting 2 years ago.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

By chance do you have a link to the PAPA broadcast or a date, etc. I'd like to listen. Thanks!

#249 4 years ago

Ok juanton,
I will play this most ridiculous game. So at the food tasting these guys all say the dish is too heavy in acid like too many limes were used. It's a very clear description and you hate limes. You still don't get it??
And oh yeah the dish cost 9k so fork over your money to taste.
Good grief !!

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Ok juanton,
I will play this most ridiculous game. So at the food tasting these guys all say the dish is too heavy in acid like too many limes were used. It's a very clear description and you hate limes. You still don't get it??
And oh yeah the dish cost 9k so fork over your money to taste.
Good grief !!

My point is that taste is subjective. You didn't like it so you didn't buy it. That's cool. You bought TBL, that's cool too. So you made your point. Over and over again....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 11.95
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside