Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 493 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2663 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2665 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2662 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2671 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6800.jpeg
    IMG_6798.png
    IMG_6744.png
    2E67900A-1FB8-42FA-A7FA-9913DDF4B1C4.jpeg
    map (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_7470394_0 (resized).png
    D9478C4D-2A74-4F21-BEB9-9A9BD8ABD965.png
    8C25FFE9-7726-4D73-B312-F92BDE6B5435 (resized).jpeg
    87C99F8F-0675-455A-956F-EE759C72508C (resized).jpeg
    C46AA0A3-26D4-423D-A0F5-E85A6591595D.jpeg
    DC8808E4-3FC8-42FE-8B69-0C35088EC4B9.jpeg
    D43E0880-319A-400D-8709-637601E29AB0 (resized).png

There are 493 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

You forgot alcohol.

#53 3 years ago

This is both the earliest known photo of Paris AND the earliest known photo of a human. Zoom into the lower-left and observe the fellow standing on the street corner apparently getting a shoe shine; there were undoubtedly scores of other people present, but he was the only one that remained still enough to be captured by the long-exposure shot. (circa 1839, 10-minute exposure daguerreotype):

D8A0FBEB-02C5-494D-9AE5-202F1C302D5D (resized).jpegD8A0FBEB-02C5-494D-9AE5-202F1C302D5D (resized).jpeg
    #54 3 years ago

Turtles breathe through their butts.

#55 3 years ago

Hippos fart through their mouths.

LTG : )

#57 3 years ago

Hippos fart through their mouths because their stomachs are at the front of their bodies. It also means that hippo sounds are actually farting sounds.

Wasn't talking about noise generated by crapping.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Turtles breathe through their butts.

Quoted from LTG:

Hippos fart through their mouths.

This seems like that start some animal centipede horror film.

#59 3 years ago

Floyd Patterson was the first Heavyweight Boxing Champion to win the title twice in his career. Muhammad Ali, the first to win it three times.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

Ok let me try:
    Hit
    Walk
    Hit by pitch
    Error
    Dropped third strike
    Catcher’s interference
    Fielder’s choice
    Infield fly rule?
    Balk?
    Fielder’s interference?
    Ok those last three were guesses....

I WAS BORN ON THIRD BASE

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from flipout:

I WAS BORN ON THIRD BASE

Gee, I thought you hit a triple!

#62 3 years ago

wine is fine, but whiskey is quicker. it is also said that suicide is slow with liquor

#63 3 years ago

Intergluteal Cleft is the medical term for butt crack.

#64 3 years ago

“Perineum” is the medical term for “taint”.

#65 3 years ago

Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia - brain freeze from ice cream.

#66 3 years ago

Troublesome Creek area of Kentucky is home to blue people.

#67 3 years ago

Although it might sound a little strange, the word for an individual piece of spaghetti is spaghetto. The same goes for a single piece of confetti, which is confetto, as well as a single piece of graffiti, which is graffito, according to Merriam-Webster.

#68 3 years ago

owls dont have bum-holes
    they poop out of their mouths

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

owls dont have bum-holes

Sorry, that is not true. They regurgitate much of what they swallow, but they do poop normally.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from BeaglePuss:

While it’s a famous palindrome, it’s nowhere near the longest. A palindrome sentence could be infinitely long for that matter.

OK...show me a longer palindrome.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from MajorDrainer:

I attached a palindrome poem that’s far longer, but there are countless examples (literally) longer than what you posted. There’s an infinite number of nonsensical-words you could piece together to create long palindrome sentences.

C2E36EE0-0AB7-4446-AAC0-19D74C91B54B (resized).jpegC2E36EE0-0AB7-4446-AAC0-19D74C91B54B (resized).jpeg
    #72 3 years ago

There’s only one letter that doesn’t appear in any U.S. state name.
    Can you guess the answer to this random fact? You’ll find a Z (Arizona), a J (New Jersey), and even two X’s (New Mexico and Texas)—but not a single Q.

#73 3 years ago

The drummer from Nirvana is the lead singer in Foo Fighters

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

owls dont have bum-holes

Technically, they have a cloaca which excretes waste and Uric acid. Essentially pee and poop together. Their eggs also come out of the cloaca. What they can’t digest like bones and feathers, their gizzard compacts and they basically throw up. Since poop is digested food, they do not poop out of their mouths.

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Las Vegas is further west than Los Angeles
    Edit: Yes, it’s Reno, not Las Vegas. Never said I was smart!

Reno is also Closer to L.A. than San Francisco is (about 35 miles, in a straight line)

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Favorite palindrome: taco cat

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from MajorDrainer:

I always liked:

A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs, a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut, a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal--Panama!

#78 3 years ago

You can’t sneeze in your sleep.

#79 3 years ago

90% give or take of the cells in and on our body are not ours but rather things living on and in us.

#80 3 years ago

Aspen trees are the largest living organism.

#81 3 years ago

Air molecules at room temperature are banging off each other at something in the vicinity of 800 mph.

#82 3 years ago

Did you know pinside has 5.5 Trolls per 100 members.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Did you know pinside has 5.5 Trolls per 100 members.

Seems way low. Did you mean every troll has 5.5 accounts?

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Seems way low.

Trying to be kind

#85 3 years ago

House flies defecate 4 to 5 times an hour.....

#86 3 years ago

Peanuts aren’t technically nuts
    They’re legumes.

According to Merriam-Webster, a nut is only a nut if it’s “a hard-shelled dry fruit or seed with a separable rind or shell and interior kernel.” That means walnuts, almonds, cashews, and pistachios aren’t nuts either. They’re seeds.

#87 3 years ago

If intelligent life on some inhabitable planet that is located 100 light years away from earth created a super powerful telescope and were watching us right now at this moment, they would be seeing what was going on May 13, 1920 (since they are 100 light years away).

(at least I think that is right)

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

If intelligent life on some inhabitable planet that is located 100 light years away from earth created a super powerful telescope and were watching us right now at this moment, they would be seeing what was going on May 13, 1920 (since they are 100 light years away).

I just closed my curtains.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I just closed my curtains.

Good idea in case they're still watching on May 13, 2120.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Peanuts aren’t technically nuts
    They’re legumes.
    According to Merriam-Webster, a nut is only a nut if it’s “a hard-shelled dry fruit or seed with a separable rind or shell and interior kernel.” That means walnuts, almonds, cashews, and pistachios aren’t nuts either. They’re seeds.

But how is a seed not a "fruit or seed"?

Another fun fact, people who argue whether something is a fruit or vegetable are tools. A vegetable is anything edible from vegetation, i.e. plants. All fruits are vegetables.

#91 3 years ago

The largest gas station in the world is the Buc-ee's Station in New Braunfels, Texas, with 68,000 square feet of retail sales space. The gas Station is located on Interstate highway 35, opened in 1982.

#92 3 years ago

Largest McDonalds in the world is in Orlando Florida.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

And if you leave Earth now to visit the telescope traveling at the speed of light, in 100 years you can watch your ancestors.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

And if you leave Earth now to visit the telescope traveling at the speed of light, in 100 years you can watch your ancestors.

Or would you be watching yourself in current day?

#95 3 years ago

Scaphism was a method of execution where a victim was trapped between two boats with his head, hands, and feet outside, force-fed milk and honey and then covered with the same, and left exposed in the sun to be tortured and eaten by insects and vermin. Men could last a couple of weeks before expiring, and the milk and honey treatments were repeated every day.

#96 3 years ago

Tucson AZ
    Mt Lemmon Ski Valley
    Most southern ski area in the continental United states!

#97 3 years ago

The traffic crossover just East of the Takutu River Bridge (which links the Left Hand Traffic Of Guyana and the Right Hand Traffic Of Brazil) is at the only border in the Americas where traffic changes sides.

FA1229A6-7654-48E5-BFFF-520B8162BE32 (resized).pngFA1229A6-7654-48E5-BFFF-520B8162BE32 (resized).png
    #98 3 years ago

(never mind, I'm slow, post deleted).

#99 3 years ago

The first image ever transmitted via the technology that would become television was a simple straight line.

The very first continuously broadcast television image was that of a 13-inch tall paper mache model of Felix the Cat. Engineers had to watch transmission quality in those formative days and constantly adjust it to keep the picture as sharp as they could. Because nobody wanted to sit for hours on camera under the hot studio lights, they went with a model of Felix - because he also just so happened to be the perfect color combination: black and white.

Felix on TV (resized).jpegFelix on TV (resized).jpegFelix TV Model (resized).jpgFelix TV Model (resized).jpg

#100 3 years ago

Built in 1964 , Iowa 80 TruckStop is the worlds largest one.

There are 493 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-know-random-fun-and-interesting-facts/page/2?hl=jesperpark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.