Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rudy68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Did you keep or sell your 1st Pin...?!”

• Never...It was my 1st. 145 votes
      56%
    • Sold it. 85 votes
      33%
    • Sold it but miss it everyday. 23 votes
      9%
    • Couldn’t get rid of it fast enough...! 4 votes
      2%

(257 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Red Full (resized).jpg
    IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
    0EE3E9A4-471C-4C93-9583-A65C8438A078 (resized).jpeg
    30009028-55C0-42D2-BC61-C1D22CD27E12 (resized).jpeg
    mia (resized).jpg
    251936_10150834873012924_674738616_n (resized).jpg
    Pinball1998-3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1699 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
    IMG_0001 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DE6568D9-4086-4707-87C8-41C8829E730D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0716 (resized).JPG (© M`=-0987654321`)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 5 years ago

I had never been into Pinball, but about 10 years ago a buddy of mine was talking about building a full sized MAME arcade machine. Being that my favorite video game is Defender I decided that there is no way to have a sufficient control panel in a generic cabinet (I owned one in the 80's)... so I decided to look for one. I brought my daughter with me to check it out and the guy also had a couple other video games and a few pinball machines. All he wanted to talk about is his restoration of his Road Show, and I found it fascinating. I had never been into pinball, but my daughter was interested in playing it more than anything there.

Fast forward a few months and I want to a distributor's open house and again my daughter was enthralled with Road Show... So I decided if I'm going to go into this cold (I hadn't a clue how to lift a playfield), I might as well get one she likes. In the first month or two I learned to repair every aspect of a pinball machine in the first couple of months, from playfield teardowns, bulb replacements, switches, playfield supports, re-soldering light boards, connectors, DMD, etc. In hindsight I overpaid considering the amount of issues, but it turned out to be a great learning experience, and a solid game when I was done.

I had that game for about 5 years, joined by many other games, but sold it simply because it had been around the longest. I have a fondness for the game still, and have made plenty of other hard decisions, but that was my first.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-keep-or-sell-your-1st-pin?tu=baiter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.