New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 47980)

Did you have a Reciept /Invoice showing Purchase of MOPLE

By PinFever

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

b4dalock.jpg
ibtl_2.gif
Sandy_Vagina.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

What would make all of this fun is if things were reversed.
Imagine the market tanked, values dropping like crazy and everyone tries to cancel orders and dealers are forcing people to buy at the price they agreed to buy at or threatening to bring suit for the difference in the agreed on sale price and the lower market price.

You talking about X-Men?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

IT shows what kind of person you are soon as you mentioned the idiot that sued and won money from mcdonalds because her coffee was hot. Its these kind of idiots that have caused so many of our products to raise to the price they are.
In fact, i think that i need to sue you, because since you like suing, it has caused medical cost to go up, which caused stern to raise the price of the machine because of the raise in rates for insurance to cover employees.

vidgameseller - if you think the poor lady that suffered third degree burns to her legs, inner thighs and private area was an idiot and looking to simply profit from the litigation with McDonalds, you obviously don't do your research before putting your foot in your mouth.... in public I might add. Doctors had to graft skin from her legs to repair the damage. Bottom line, this is a bad example (and poor taste) to use in your difference of opinion with PinFever's post.

#53 7 years ago

Sorry guys, I got to get on the soap box real quick with a brief summary of the McDonald's coffee lady. People are still talking about the woman who won a few million in the McDonald's coffee suit nearly twenty years after. This is an elderly woman who was served coffee far too hot for human consumption, and the cup was dropped in her lap as she took it in the drive through. It resulted in third degree burns on about 40% of her body. The worst burns were in the genital area. At first the old gal was only seeking help with medical expenses, but McDonald's did not pay. It took a lot of time and work for her to receive the big settlement, which was drastically reduced on appeal. There is a lot more to the story than I am mentioning here, feel free to do further reading on your own if you are so inclined.

Big companies like McDonald's have legions have high priced lawyers at the top of their field. You don't win a lawsuit against them without good reason. They also have loads of pull and can generate a lot of attention with "frivolous" lawsuits like this. Big business is great in a lot of respects, but these companies are beholden to stockholders. The root motivation is to produce profit, they are not necessarily looking out for your best interest. Have a healthy skepticism whenever you are expected to believe a huge corporation lost a "frivolous" lawsuit against a little guy.

Post edited by Jake : OP- Don't give your money to some ambulance chaser, you got no case, Bro.

#54 7 years ago

Yeh lets fuck over one of the only companies thats making pinball machines - that sounds like a good idea, that should help the hobby grow.

You guys sound like a bunch of fucking pussies - seriously!!

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

calling someone a 'crying, little bitch' should get you a one week vacation per pinside rules.

Quoted from fusion301:

You guys sound like a bunch of fucking pussies - seriously!!

See you sound like it. Not calling you one, just saying you sound like one. Big difference.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

Sorry guys, I got to get on the soap box real quick with a brief summary of the McDonald's coffee lady....the cup was dropped in her lap as she took it in the drive through.

If you're going to correct other people's posts, at least get it right:

She was a passenger in the car, driven be her grandson.
McDonalds didnt "drop it in her lap"!
She was holding the coffee (presumable handed to her by her grandson) and he pulled the car forward and stopped. The woman balanced the coffee cup between her legs and pulled off the lid so she could add cream/sugar. In doing so - SHE spilt the coffee all over herself. Since she was wearing sweatpants, it soaked in and sat there against her skin for a period of time.

McDonalds perhaps DID screw up strategically in not accepting the first offer of $20K to settle the case.

Was it frivolous? I think so- but who cares.

Obviously the warning of "hot" was insufficient. They probably should have written "Hey lady, if you're wearing sweatpants, dont try to squeeze this $0.02 Styrofoam cup between your legs and perform complex actions, it might spill" on the cup.

#59 7 years ago

I am so sick and tired of these threads LE this & LE that, good lord just get a Premium it's the same game.

#60 7 years ago

The McDonalds incident is interesting. Yes she spilt her own coffee. but she sued because the coffee was too hot and the cup was hard to handle etc... I think that any fast food chain should be careful what they hand to people in their cars. She had a right to sue, although I wouldn't personally. BUT!!!!! Please be aware that McDonalds spent a fortune making her look like a gold digging liar. They failed to mention that the woman got severe burns, was old and almost died in the hospital !! Bet you didn't know that!

Suing anyone over the MOPLE f up is ridiculous. Good luck with that!

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

The McDonalds incident is interesting. Yes she spilt her own coffee. but she sued because the coffee was too hot and the cup was hard to handle etc... I think that any fast food chain should be careful what they hand to people in their cars.
Suing anyone over the MOPLE f up is ridiculous. Good luck with that!

And people should be careful when they balance near-boiling water between their legs!

Listen, I can have compassion for the lady's accident without looking for someone to blame.... because thats what is was, HER ACCIDENT.

To me, this isnt too far removed from someone stabbing themselves with a steak knife at Ruth Chris, they suing the restaurant for putting such a sharp knife near their hands!

Anyways, I know this is off topic, but its more interesting than the umpteenth whiny complaint from the "didnt-get-my-shiny-toy-so-im-gonna-sue-you" crowd.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

I am so sick and tired of these threads LE this & LE that, good lord just get a Premium it's the same game.

Not from a resale standpoint and sadly that is what lots of people buy pins for anymore (not myself).

#64 7 years ago

I think this is completely ridiculous, but just for fun...
You didn't actually purchase from Stern. They recommended you try one of their suppliers.
Good luck suing Stern. You didn't have a contract with them, sounds like you didn't get a receipt from your distributor either.
Fair that you're disappointed. Very disappointing.
Now walk away and spend your money elsewhere, or suck it up and get a Premium when they come out instead.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside