New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 47980)

Did you have a Reciept /Invoice showing Purchase of MOPLE

By PinFever

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

b4dalock.jpg
ibtl_2.gif
Sandy_Vagina.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#2 7 years ago

Tell you what. As an LE buyer if you guys sue stern and somehow force them to make more LEs, something I doubt would happen, I'll sue you guys since your actions might lower the value of my rare machine.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Tell you what. As an LE buyer if you guys sue stern and somehow force them to make more LEs, something I doubt would happen, I'll sue you guys since your actions might lower the value of my rare machine.

^^^^^^^

Yeah what he said. Wait I thought you were selling your LE and funding a premium.

#4 7 years ago

This is like if I bought a TV from Amazon, then Amazon later told me they are sold out from the supplier and don't have any more... here is your money back.

Unless your money was stolen, it's a bummer, but to sue over it?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Please PM me if you are one of the many Who had thought they were locked in on a MOPLE April 11th/12th and then got the call a week later with the Vendor backing out of your contract , I will be getting with an Attorney to find out if we have legal rights on the matter .I am not giving up and very upset that I got hosed using Sterns Website to direct me to a vendor which was in Contact with Sterns Sales direct which had told my vendor he had one to sell only to have it yanked from under him .. Seems there are a lot of you out there. < Glad STERN is Doing well selling machines that way when and if they Lose it wont hurt there pockets on there poor Business Model they put forward .

What was your loss? You are refunded, any lawyer that is any good will tell you you got nothing. No loss, no damages, sufficient replacement available at a lower price. Frivolous lawsuit please pay court fees and dismissed. I just saved you time and money.

Mk

#6 7 years ago

They only made 500 get over it! I lost out on my first Xbox preorder and I didn't sue gamestop.

Just buy a premium and quit crying.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is like if I bought a TV from Amazon, then Amazon later told me they are sold out from the supplier and don't have any more... here is your money back.
Unless your money was stolen, it's a bummer, but to sue over it?

Wow with your avatar, i expected "worst case ever"

#8 7 years ago

Welcome to america, Frolic...

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Please PM me if you are one of the many Who had thought they were locked in on a MOPLE April 11th/12th and then got the call a week later with the Vendor backing out of your contract , I will be getting with an Attorney to find out if we have legal rights on the matter .I am not giving up and very upset that I got hosed using Sterns Website to direct me to a vendor which was in Contact with Sterns Sales direct which had told my vendor he had one to sell only to have it yanked from under him .. Seems there are a lot of you out there. < Glad STERN is Doing well selling machines that way when and if they Lose it wont hurt there pockets on there poor Business Model they put forward .

#10 7 years ago

Get out of here with that sue stuff

#11 7 years ago

In order to sue for a loss....you have to have a loss.....a financial loss.

#12 7 years ago

It is funny you all make a comment as I did not ask for it, I am not crying, Mad yes, let me answer at least frolic

Then was it your mistake getting it from AMAZON when they charged you for it stating it was in inventory ?
Was there time to get said new TV just released somewhere else where this TV was actually in stock?
Why a weeks time before they disclose to you they do not have a TV that they thought they had? Giving no time to relocate a Real One for sale?
Did you ever hear of fake advertising ?
Lady sues McDonalds for hot coffee < Contract Breach of new limited machine

Look People . I had plenty of time to buy one if I was told from the Vendor ,Stern was pulling his one allotted machine the day after I ordered , Not a week later . I did as Stern Asks , Choose vendor from list , buy machine by paying for it. Have invoice , Have receipt ,now have no game, may be a good laugh for all you getting one but not for the ones thinking they had one . Again I do not like the Premium Look.. So if it is no big deal give me yours and by a Premium or else do not comment

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

It is funny you all make a comment as I did not ask for it,

You posted your (wrong) opinion in a public discussion forum. You asked for comments.

#14 7 years ago

^at least your name - PinFever - is accurate. But you really should take a chill pill for that fever.

#15 7 years ago

You want to be my Attorney Markmon

I would much rather waste the 7599 on one Law Firm then this pin at the Moment . Doubt that will change

#16 7 years ago

Markmon would be a GREAT lawyer. Has the perfect temperament for it.

#17 7 years ago

Life is too short for this type of drama. It is NOT the end of the world. It's just pinball. Smile and have a good day man. Premium choices look fine to most. Is it worth the frustration?

#18 7 years ago

Well, I'm not lawyer, but it sounds like you had a deposit with the distributor, not with Stern themselves, so you'd have to sue them and they'd have to take it up with Stern.

I get it, this sucks, could have been handled better, you are pissed, all you wanted is your LE, you did everything expected of you, but in the end there weren't enough to go around.

We don't even know if the distributor was correct in assuming they were getting what they said they were getting, or if they were one of the distribs that took deposits on machines they didn't have yet.

I agree with coasterguy above.

#19 7 years ago

I just gave up my three LE's. Vendor gave me price of $7350-cool then sent invoice said-shipping not included-not cool. I still would have done well-but it was principal to me. Every other vendor quoted me pricing with shipping? WTF-lesson learned-make sure number given is to your door. I am actually liking artwork and look of pro? I will pass this time but Star Trek is different story.

#20 7 years ago

Who has them for $7350? I know a few people who would be happy to pay that plus shipping!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

You want to be my Attorney Markmon
I would much rather waste the 7599 on one Law Firm then this pin at the Moment . Doubt that will change

Things are looking up...you haven't gotten a thumbs down on this post.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I just gave up my three LE's. Vendor gave me price of $7350-cool then sent invoice said-shipping not included-not cool. I still would have done well-but it was principal to me. Every other vendor quoted me pricing with shipping? WTF-lesson learned-make sure number given is to your door. I am actually liking artwork and look of pro? I will pass this time but Star Trek is different story.

Why three LE? Why give them all up?

#23 7 years ago

Usually in the case of an advertised product (Offer), you purchsed (Acceptance), most retailers will offer a raincheck and honor the purchase (Contract) if the stock is low or temp. unavailable. If your money was accepted then that make's it more of an issue for the seller. Offer and Acceptance common law...very simple.

I do it all the time on used goods at retail. Jpop

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_and_acceptance)

#24 7 years ago

it's just a goddamn pinball machine with some fancy trim for christ sake's!!!!! who gives a shit, what are you 4 years old??

get a life. go kiss a girl. climb a tree. practice jiu jitsu. go take up a hobby that gets you out of your arcade for half a day and everything will feel ok.

i mean, people am i taking crazy pills or is this still an issue in people's lives???

Quoted from PinFever:

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

it's just a goddamn pinball machine with some fancy trim for christ sake's!!!!! who gives a shit, what are you 4 years old??
get a life. go kiss a girl. climb a tree. practice jiu jitsu. go take up a hobby that gets you out of your arcade for half a day and everything will feel ok.
i mean, people am i taking crazy pills or is this still an issue in people's lives???

Go buy a rad skateboard

#26 7 years ago

ummm pinfever? sending people nastygrams via pm will not strengthen your position any...

#27 7 years ago

IT shows what kind of person you are soon as you mentioned the idiot that sued and won money from mcdonalds because her coffee was hot. Its these kind of idiots that have caused so many of our products to raise to the price they are.

In fact, i think that i need to sue you, because since you like suing, it has caused medical cost to go up, which caused stern to raise the price of the machine because of the raise in rates for insurance to cover employees.

#28 7 years ago

Forgive Me,I am only 4 and woke up on the wrong side of the Bed today .. You are all correct , I should buy a Regular and have it Signed when I see Metallica Later this year at Lar's Party . Carry on, Time to turn on some Games and play the ones I got . Chums for life

#29 7 years ago

Hey Pinfever I know you have a bad taste in your mouth but lawyers are sharks and this is what our society is coming to-when everyone is sue-happy. I respect your opinion and you may of spoken your mind-but getting involved with litigation is not the way to go. Everything happens for a reason-keep calm and carry on(:

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

What was your loss? You are refunded, any lawyer that is any good will tell you you got nothing. No loss, no damages, sufficient replacement available at a lower price. Frivolous lawsuit please pay court fees and dismissed. I just saved you time and money.

Mk

EXACTLY!!!!

#31 7 years ago

Give it up and move on
Stuff happens
I was longtime member of a bands fan club and got awesome seats on many tours.
One recent our I got jack...
Soured or a while but realized demand grew as the band grew

#32 7 years ago

Just for the sake of argument contract law would likely say, the loss could be the difference in the contract price (what PinFever's original contract price was to purchase) and the current market price at the time PinFever learned the contract was being cancelled (repudiated) by the seller plus incidental damages.

This is a fairly common issue in contract law with rising market as sellers try to capture top dollar for their items.

But all of that being said, lots of unknowns, like what terms were actually in your contract that would let them break the deal, probably plenty. Also the split in values will likely be more than consumed in attorney's fees.

#33 7 years ago

We can't sue like this in Canada (or at least we are not sue-happy)....thank GOD!

The situation sucks - I admit. Rather than wasting your money on Lawyers or even pinballs for that matter, maybe we should be donating our money to the victims of the Boston Bombers...
That poor man Jeff Bauman I'm sure would love to have our problem's right now....

#34 7 years ago

(bah blah blah) I got hosed (blah blah blah)

Sandy_Vagina.jpg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

Just for the sake of argument contract law would likely say, the loss could be the difference in the contract price (what PinFever's original contract price was to purchase) and the current market price at the time PinFever learned the contract was being cancelled (repudiated) by the seller plus incidental damages.
This is a fairly common issue in contract law with rising market as sellers try to capture top dollar for their items.
But all of that being said, lots of unknowns, like what terms were actually in your contract that would let them break the deal, probably plenty. Also the split in values will likely be more than consumed in attorney's fees.

A receipt would not count as an enforceable contract to receive the goods (and that's all people receive in this case - there is no written contract other than a receipt given) - there is precedent on this from folks who sued a retailer who charged them for an item and sent them a receipt, but ran out of stock (and probably many more precedents). As long as the refund was timely given, out of luck.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

» YouTube video

The official vid.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The official vid.
» YouTube video

I was going to link that one, but it tried to make me watch an ad before playing. The one I linked was the only one I could find that didn't.

#39 7 years ago

Eryeal, fully agree with what you are saying. I have no idea what the OP originally "contracted" or if a contract even existed. I don't know what the purchasing of a game from a distributor looks like in practice.

I just find it interesting that most people feel a seller offering a "full refund" if an item is not delivered is always OK. Can you imagine in industry if companies let shit like that go unchecked?

Example: Power plant contracts to buy X amount of coal for $10 million for delivery in 1 year, they even prepay. One year later coal prices double. The seller of coal says to the power plant, "Sorry, here is your money back we don't want to sell you the coal anymore." Do you think the power plant would just smile, bend over the barrel and take it?

Once again I am not saying the OP even had a contract like in the example, but most of the other posters seem to feel that even in my above example the power plant should also smile and move on without complaint.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

Eryeal, fully agree with what you are saying. I have no idea what the OP originally "contracted" or if a contract even existed. I don't know what the purchasing of a game from a distributor looks like in practice.
I just find it interesting that most people feel a seller offering a "full refund" if an item is not delivered is always OK. Can you imagine in industry if companies let shit like that go unchecked?
Example: Power plant contracts to buy X amount of coal for $10 million for delivery in 1 year, they even prepay. One year later coal prices double. The seller of coal says to the power plant, "Sorry, here is your money back we don't want to sell you the coal anymore." Do you think the power plant would just smile, bend over the barrel and take it?
Once again I am not saying the OP even had a contract like in the example, but most of the other posters seem to feel that even in my above example the power plant should also smile and move on without complaint.

Regarding the power plant example - well the key word is contract. If you're buying $10 million in coal in a year, there's going to be an extensive, well-written contract to protect the buyer. And if there's not, then someone will get fired when the coal seller cancels!

Yeah there's no contracts when buying the pins - just really a normal order confirmation and receipt of deposit.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

How many times are you gonna post about this? You sound like a whining, crying, little bitch...

You gonna sue me for calling you names too?

#42 7 years ago

You need to buy an LE for an inflated price, get a paid receipt and sue the distributor for the price difference. I'm sure you can have fun with that.
However, it really may change the way distributors take deposits for new games like Star Trek, well before the inventory has been distributed.

#43 7 years ago

Sigh.

Reminds me of how my 5-yr old nephew acts when he doesn't get the toy he wants, when he wants it. I guess the difference it- he'll grow up.

#44 7 years ago

Forgive me , I Am a worm

Please close and or Delete Thread please at OP request , no one has Come forth , I may be alone in my Thoughts, and that said Hope an Admin Closes or deletes thread , Ty For your time, Chums forever

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Please close and or Delete Thread please at OP

Amen

#46 7 years ago

Let it go, you can't sue. It wouldn't even make it to court.

Just buy a premium and stop your crying.

#47 7 years ago

There is obvious mismanagement and negligence on the part of stern here with all the cases of upset customers. There are two sides to this story, each with a valid argument. If the OP went out and bought an LE for the current market value he could 'possibly' sue stern based on local applicable laws. Is it ridiculous? Yes. Will he win? doubtful. Will he end up wasting money and time? Absolutely. Hopefully Stern could offer him a premium at a discounted price from the factory that would avoid all of this nonsense and keep him happy. They would also have to offer everyone else who put down money the same deal. I do know one thing, however, calling someone a 'crying, little bitch' should get you a one week vacation per pinside rules.

#48 7 years ago

I asked Jim Belt that in a Reply back to him after his first and Ironically he stated Stern Does not sell direct and Go to STERNS AUTHORIZED Vendors list .. Ha!!
Which is what got me here in the first Place . Please lock Thread Once again I am asking . Sorry for the waste in time and bandwidth =)

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

There is obvious mismanagement and negligence on the part of stern here with all the cases of upset customers. There are two sides to this story, each with a valid argument. If the OP went out and bought an LE for the current market value he could 'possibly' sue stern based on local applicable laws. Is it ridiculous? Yes. Will he win? doubtful. Will he end up wasting money and time? Absolutely. Hopefully Stern could offer him a premium at a discounted price from the factory that would avoid all of this nonsense and keep him happy. They would also have to offer everyone else who put down money the same deal. I do know one thing, however, calling someone a 'crying, little bitch' should get you a one week vacation per pinside rules.

I just said what everyone was thinking Ban me for a week, it's only pinball. I don't need MetLE or Pinside to live a happy life.

The guy has posted whining about this at least ten times already....

I've helped with tech posts, pictures, sharing info on this site for years, I am one of the good people on here...

I am just sick of the coddling and whining on Pinside. Most of us are adults, so start acting like one...

#50 7 years ago

What would make all of this fun is if things were reversed.

Imagine the market tanked, values dropping like crazy and everyone tries to cancel orders and dealers are forcing people to buy at the price they agreed to buy at or threatening to bring suit for the difference in the agreed on sale price and the lower market price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside