(Topic ID: 245550)

Did you ever buy the same title / or machine you sold before?

By Jasontaps

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tomass
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190624_175007 (resized).jpg
TeachersPet3 (resized).jpg
Eaglehumpback (resized).JPG
good-luck (resized).jpg
20190323_092907 (resized).jpg
phone 237 (resized).jpg
phone 492 (resized).jpg
20190507_175332 (resized).jpg
9CC6077D-5740-4D7B-8197-20887D4E4550 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20190615_143100_resized (resized).jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I am about to pick up a Final Voyage ST Pro tonight which I have owned this title a few times in the past (sold due to bills etc). Just wondering who else has done this before?
Anyone get the very machine you sold?

#2 4 years ago

Swords of Fury Ive owned three different ones, ACDC twice, and I recently bought back the same High Speed I sold 5 years ago. I imagine its not that uncommon amongst us crazy pinball collectors.

#3 4 years ago

Sometimes when I hunt for projects, I end up with two of the same title, then mix and match the parts to get the nicest one out of the two (no, I don't part out the second one--it lives on).

I still have a bunch of new parts leftover from when I refurbished two Close Encounters games, so if I see a project for a decent price, I may pick another one up just to use up the remaining parts that I already bought.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Swords of Fury Ive owned three different ones, ACDC twice, and I recently bought back the same High Speed I sold 5 years ago. I imagine its not that uncommon amongst us crazy pinball collectors.

Did you buy the High Speed from the person you sold it to? Must feel like a family member who has been away coming home. LOL.

#5 4 years ago

BoP was the first game I bought. I sold it and then later bought another so I could install the BoP 2.0 kit. That's the only game I've rebought, but that's kind of a unique situation.

#6 4 years ago

I usually end up with the same title because of trades.
Sometimes they don’t even make it to the house and sold again.
3 Totan
2 MM
2 MB
2 WW
2 WCS
2 TWD
More I’m sure

#7 4 years ago

Oh yeah, many.

#8 4 years ago

I sold my Dipsy Doodle after a couple years of ownership. Then bought it back after a friend owned it for a couple years. That’s the only time I’ve owned the same title more than once.

#9 4 years ago

I will have no shortage of games to play because JJP is about to call to pick up my WW SE.

#10 4 years ago

I have bought Shadow twice for personal collection. I have had 2 eight ball deluxe, but only because one was $200.

#11 4 years ago

For me it was trying to decide which pins I liked the best in a small collection. Also when you sale or trade a game and realize you made the wrong move. For me this was Afm, it took me over 5 years to find another restored one.
Stern Spiderman x2
Afm x2
Wwf Royal Rumble x2
Acdc x2
Fishtales X2
9CC6077D-5740-4D7B-8197-20887D4E4550 (resized).jpeg9CC6077D-5740-4D7B-8197-20887D4E4550 (resized).jpeg

#12 4 years ago

I sold and bought back the same Theatre of Magic. I never thought I would own the title again, but I put a lot of work into the game, and when I was offered the chance to pick it up I knew it was a solid deal, so I jumped.

I would probably own another Whirlwind if one came up at a reasonable price (yeah right).

#13 4 years ago

Guilty!

(Sort of)

1. Sold GOT LE, bought GOT Pro
2. Sold SW Pro, bought SW Premium
3. Traded MET Pro, bought Met Premium

Missed them all and bought within the year of letting go, but at least all were slightly different versions.

#14 4 years ago

Skateball is the only one for me... so far

#15 4 years ago

Why wait?

20190615_143100_resized (resized).jpg20190615_143100_resized (resized).jpg
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Did you buy the High Speed from the person you sold it to? Must feel like a family member who has been away coming home. LOL.

Yep! My son was pissed at me when I sold it years ago, so when the new owner started having trouble with it I bought it back from him. Sold it to him for 500, bought it back for 800 five years later.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#17 4 years ago

Do you intend to time travel back from the future so you can play side-by-side against yourself?

#18 4 years ago

I regret selling my very nice Magic City (trading it actually), and would still like to get another nice one- anyone in Chicago area want to sell?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I am about to pick up a Final Voyage ST Pro tonight which I have owned this title a few times in the past (sold due to bills etc). Just wondering who else has done this before?
Anyone get the very machine you sold?

I actually did for the first time just the other day. World Cup Soccer was one of the first games I ever owned and I just bought another one. Not the same one, the new one is nicer than my original.

#21 4 years ago

More with vids, but I've owned 3 Black Knights and 2 Gorgars. I think I've owned 5 Centipedes, 3 720s, 4 Asteroids and 2 Ms Pacmans.

#22 4 years ago

I had a really rough project Dracula, sold it since I didn't have the skills necessary to finish it. Came across a nicer one and now that's a keeper

#23 4 years ago

Yes.
Star Trek Premium.
Fantastic game!

#24 4 years ago

Sold a JP a few years ago and now im looking to get another

#25 4 years ago

F-14 Tomcat. Sold it against my son's wishes. Now it's back and forgot how much I missed it.

#26 4 years ago

I ( /my parents ) owned a Spanish Eyes that got sold sometime between 1999/2000.

In 2017 I regained contact with the buyer, who had lost interest and wanted his living room space back.

It's the same machine, but it sure doesn't feel like it now that I've put some work/cleaning/Comet-sunlights into it!

#27 4 years ago

I tried a quick search before I posted this with no results. Its all in the search verbage. None the less, enjoy

#28 4 years ago

I learned my lesson with cars. I sold my '64 Corvette coupe in 1980 and then couldn't afford to replace it when gen2 'vette prices soared. Not selling any of my pins because I don't want to have to overpay to get them back.

#29 4 years ago

taxi and pinbot

#30 4 years ago

The first game I owned EK and my Grail Pin TSPP

#31 4 years ago

We have a winner the first pinhead that feels the need to piss on someones thread

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

We have a winner the first pinhead that feels the need to piss on someones thread

Happens all the time newb.

#33 4 years ago

Firepower for me. I owned FP and FP2 at the same time sold both together. Bought another set a year later from a different guy. Then I picked up another FP a week later. So now I have two forepowers to redo.
Hardtop or what till cpr digital?

#34 4 years ago

I’ve owned Williams IJ 9 times, all different pins. Most have been projects and plans to make a super nice one. I’ve sold two projects and the others were whole when sold.

Also owned TOTAN 6 times, sold one project and bought it back. When I finish the current project I have the other project sold.

#35 4 years ago

I presently own 2 copies of Flash, but I'm thinking of trying a re-theme.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#36 4 years ago

Pins are like children.

You kick them out.
You miss them.
You bring them back.
You get pissed off and kick 'em out again.
You miss them ...

#37 4 years ago

I owned a GOT pro for years sold it a while back and just picked up an LE...is that the same

#38 4 years ago

This mentality is the same as going into a school and saying all these topics have been discussed before.

Sometimes a new discussion reveals new information not previously stated. Not everyone comes into the forums and does a search to find an old topic to talk about.

#39 4 years ago

Heck yes. DW and TH and WOZ come to mind...

#40 4 years ago

I've owned a bunch of titles multiple times.
Sinbad x3
Klondike x2 - Just got back from Alaska and wouldn't mind another one.
Kickoff x2
Teacher's Pet x3
Spanish Eyes x2
4 Bagger x2
Flip Flop x2
Grand Prix x3

Then there are games where you own variants of the same. AAB or player variation.
Space Mission/Space Odyssey
Hot Line/Big Strike
Pop a card/Drop a card
Wing Ding/Zig Zag

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Do you intend to time travel back from the future so you can play side-by-side against yourself?

Purchased the second just to get the spare backglass the first one was missing and to help me troubleshoot the first as well. Both are fully operational and just have to figure out what to do with the spare.

It can wait till after I roll one or two other projects out the door.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

This mentality

Quoted from JY64:

piss on someone

Now that you've tried your hand at mind-reading and failed -- I'd look in the mirror and ask, "What does it say about me, that my first assumption about this poster's intentions was negative?" Hmmm...

Did it cross either of your minds that the intention was to be helpful to the OP? -- thanks, Internet!

Quoted from Jasontaps:

tried a quick search

Cool -- yeah this is the only link I could find to help you with ideas...

-mof

#43 4 years ago

Wizard! 5 times. Currently own 2
Volley 2 times. Still have both.
Sing Along 2 times. Still have both.
Volley 2 times. Still have both.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Now that you've tried your hand at mind-reading and failed -- I'd look in the mirror and ask, "What does it say about me, that my first assumption about this poster's intentions was negative?" Hmmm...
Did it cross either of your minds that the intention was to be helpful to the OP? -- thanks, Internet!

-mof

Quoted from mof:

-mof

#45 4 years ago

I’ve bought shadow twice. Wouldn’t mind having a few titles again.

#46 4 years ago

GB and NGG, and sold them again. I'd like a Stern Star Wars again, but I have to keep telling myself that I sold these for a reason.

#47 4 years ago

2 BK2K, 2 SOF

20190507_175332 (resized).jpg20190507_175332 (resized).jpg
#48 4 years ago

both gone

phone 492 (resized).jpgphone 492 (resized).jpg
#49 4 years ago

first owned an LE , now own an original
phone 237 (resized).jpgphone 237 (resized).jpg

20190323_092907 (resized).jpg20190323_092907 (resized).jpg
#50 4 years ago

I have done this many times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-ever-buy-the-same-title-or-machine-you-sold-before?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.