(Topic ID: 171307)

WWF Royal Rumble - Did this come from here? Please help.

By gac

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1150575 (resized).JPG
P1150577 (resized).JPG
P1150576 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I found a diode in the bottom of the cabinet of my WWF Royal Rumble. I looked everywhere to see where it may have broken off from. Nothing obvious as to where it came from (at least to me). Is it possible that it came from here? (see the last pic) There are two similar parts attached to the bottom of the playfield right next to where this one is located (I unscrewed this one from the bottom of the playfield to take the picture) that both have a diode attached. If it does belong there, which side does the banded side go on? Thanks in advance for any help.

P1150576 (resized).JPGP1150576 (resized).JPG
P1150577 (resized).JPGP1150577 (resized).JPG
P1150575 (resized).JPGP1150575 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

No one?

#3 7 years ago

Please be patient...it's late at night and your post has only been up for 30 minutes so far. Give it a day or so at least.

As for the diode, it's possible it doesn't go anywhere. It may have been removed and replaced. Some owners/operators chuck junk in the cabinet instead of a trash can, and I always find bits and pieces of stuff that doesn't need to be kept.

In the meantime, go through all the solenoid, switch, and lamp tests and see if anything is malfunctioning.

#4 7 years ago

Use your game schematics to crosscheck your feature lamps, micro switches, and coils with the wire colors.
This will show all diode positions and proper orientation.
The easiest way to diagnose is do the feature test first while the game is in operation.
Then do a manual inspection test.
Start with lamps, then switches, then coils.

Check for operator hacks or bypasses at the same time.
This is important, as this could also have been simply from a previous repair and the bad diode ended up at the bottom of the cabinet.

#5 7 years ago

1) Look at all your Switches (micro & others) for missing Diodes

2) Look at all your Insert Lights for missing Diodes

3) Orientation of the Diodes will become obvious after the above

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I've had the game for a long time and had vacuumed out the cab a long time ago. I could be wrong but I don't think this has been in the bottom of the cabinet for a long time. Can you tell me what this part even does? (not the diode but the part with the wire tabs) I'll see if I can decipher the schematics. Thanks again for your help.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

1) Look at all your Switches (micro & others) for missing Diodes
2) Look at all your Insert Lights for missing Diodes
3) Orientation of the Diodes will become obvious after the above

Thanks for the help. I've done suggestions 1 and 2 above and did not see anything except for what I show in the picture. As I mentioned, there are two similar parts (see 1st and 2nd pics of parts with red wires with green stripes) located near where the one pictured in my hand is located and they both have diodes on them as I think can be seen in the pics.

#8 7 years ago

Can anyone that owns the game take a picture of the area for comparison? With the playfield elevated, it is below the "DEAD" drop target assembly on the left side of the playfield. Thanks.

#9 7 years ago

It's possible the diode was buried in the wire bundle from a previous owner who didn't bother to throw it out and vibration caused it to fall out. If everything is working, nothing to fix.

#10 7 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the part in my hand is/does? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-this-come-from-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.