(Topic ID: 273211)

Did the Williams chime unit have rubber part on chime where struck?

By loomis

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chime1 (resized).jpg
chime2 (resized).jpg
chime_slug2 (resized).jpg
WLL-B10686-1+ (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

They sit on a rubber foam cushion.
Scroll down: http://www.pbresource.com/bells.html

That's one piece of PBR kits I won't use. That stuff can melt to the plunger when it heats up and gunk up the plunger. There are holes in the chime frame that you can put grommets in that are far superior to the foam. If no holes you can glue in hard rubber that won't melt.

#12 3 years ago

Usually the plunger gets gunk on it and either sticks to the bottom or in the coil. It will not melt the coil.

#14 3 years ago

What game is this on?

With all that you did is the coil still good now.?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

I’m honestly confused what you are showing here. The chime is a 26-800 coil and the knocker is a 23-750 coil. It looks like a knocker assembly.

No top on it for the plunger to hit though. I've never seen a Williams chime like that which is why I asked which game it is.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

It’s a ‘69 Paddock

Coil shouldn't have a diode on it.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from loomis:

I've spoken with him twice now. He's very helpful. Quintessential New Yorker. Now that I know about this parts catalog, I can call PBR and not sound like a total idiot again.

The legend of Steve as an irascible a-hole will never die. I'm sure there's times when he's busy and people ask him dumb questions and he gets a bit tired of it. There's also times when you call up there and you practically have to hang up on him because he gets on a roll and wants to talk your ear off.

I think most of it comes from people who don't know any better who want to argue with him. Stay in your lane. The man is a walking pinball encyclopedia and he's forgotten more than most of us will ever know. 99.9% of the time if he tells you something he's right.

It's going to be a sad day when he decides he doesn't want to do it any longer and there's nobody there to take over which is how it looks right now at least. All of us who restore these old games are going to be in a bad way when that happens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 49.95
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 16.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-the-williams-chime-unit-have-rubber-part-on-chime-where-struck?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.