(Topic ID: 186613)

STAR WARS , whats the rumor, where is some info?

By Ericpinballfan

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Grg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    May the 4th be with you (resized).jpg
    simplewhitewood_sw_pro (resized).jpg
    simplewhitewood_sw (resized).jpg
    hfwIK (resized).jpg
    sw (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Ghostbusters was supposed to be the second coming (and to have colour LCD) according to everyone who claimed to have seen it ... look how that turned out.

Turned out pretty good. DMD was a disappointment, but magna slings and Pin2K-style Ecto Googles were something fresh.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's only because you don't have anything next to it to compare it to.

I have a killer local pinball arcade. He has all the latest and greatest. I think one of only 3 public places to find a Big Lewbowski. GOT, Batman '66, Spider-Man vault, Star Trek, etc....

Plenty to compare it to!

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I heard it will have the Nascar loop in it. I would have to image that would be for a Premium/LE and not the pro.

You mean the High Speed 2 Supercharger?

#65 6 years ago

Nope. I am referring to the big loop on the Stern Nascar as you plunge the ball from the shooter lane. That is what I heard.

Good news is both are very similar to how tl they shoot the ball around the loop. I would prefer the HS2 assembly but that was a B/W game so I dont think Steve can reuse that as easily as the one on Nascar.

Except for his pride. I don't think he'll be re-using a Lawlor toy.

#67 6 years ago

The Nascar loop is still from a Stern game, regardless of the designer.

I know that. Doesn't change my statement.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Somebody mentioned a jump to hyperspace across the playfield with magnets. Like the Sanctum magnet, but multiplied by four. If that's true, it would be epic...but it would chew the playfield to shit.

That one big piece of mylar!

On the other hand, i'm not seeing any wear from the magna slings yet.

#79 6 years ago

The designers may be a bit more experienced with electrical magnets than they were in the 90's.

Perhaps they were just too strong, or they left them on too long, which caused the burn you see on Shadow and TAF.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

The designers may be a bit more experienced with electrical magnets than they were in the 90's.
    Perhaps they were just too strong, or they left them on too long, which caused the burn you see on Shadow and TAF.

Also, today's clearcoat is better than the diamond coating Williams used.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

Lol. Maybe... If done right... Tell that to all the GB owners with ghosting and chipped shooter lanes.

Agreed. Fortunately, my GB clearcoating is excellent.

#88 6 years ago

Widebodies are lame.

Even Lawlor convinced JJ to ditch them.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Only for Dialed in.
    Jack already answered that question.

Only? JJP will never do a standard again?

I doubt that.

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

To clarify, the next title is a widebody.

Gotcha.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from scarybeard:

They already made an original Trilogy pin.
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4054

Twice, actually. The "Star Wars" pin from Data East had elements from all three movies in it as well.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Stooge. My favorite game of all time is IJ. WOZ is epic, as is TZ (even though I hate it). STTNG is pretty frickin' awesome as well. Widebodies are great in many instances. If you owned one, you'd know.

And you said you didn't like slow, floaty games!

Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's a difference between the ball moving quickly along one line and moving randomly as it's effected by magnets. Pop bumpers don't normally wear the PF the same way the Sanctum does, either.

I dunno. Many Addams Family's have burn from the Power.....not a straight line.

I just think the way they implemented the magnets back in the 90's was not the best. These guys know now how to do magnets better.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-stern-reveal-a-star-wars-machine-this-weekend-in-orlando?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.