(Topic ID: 186613)

STAR WARS , whats the rumor, where is some info?

By Ericpinballfan

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Grg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
    May the 4th be with you (resized).jpg
    simplewhitewood_sw_pro (resized).jpg
    simplewhitewood_sw (resized).jpg
    hfwIK (resized).jpg
    sw (resized).jpg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

Been keeping an eye open for a Stern Reveal of a Star Wars machine this weekend.
    Did it happen? Is it going to happen?
    Who's at convention that can shed some light on this?
    Saw the trailer this morning for The Last Jedi.
    Glad to see Luke has more lines in trailer than the whole last movie.

UPDATED TITLE OF THREAD.
    Someone has to know something?

#2 2 years ago

Nope, Stern cancelled. It should still be coming soon but apparently they weren't ready yet.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Nope, Stern cancelled. It should still be coming soon but apparently they weren't ready yet.

I had a feeling..
    However, they did reveal a Batman66 you could barely look at or touch at last expo.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I had a feeling..
    However, they did reveal a Batman66 you could barely look at or touch at last expo.

Sales of Aerosmith vs Batman might have changed their minds a little on that

Think BM sales are pretty non-existent now. People having realised that, whilst not what I'd call complete, Aerosmith is the most code complete game at launch for Stern in many years, sales have taken off big time ... after most loved the idea of retro Batman and hated the idea of Aerosmith.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

most loved the idea of retro Batman and hated the idea of Aerosmith.

Glad to see they are moving forward in time now with Star Wars. Just think, maybe with the next title we will be all the way up to the 80s again.

#6 2 years ago

somebody should post a star wars code bitching thread for the release.

#7 2 years ago

I always assumed that May 4th would be the obvious announcement date.

#8 2 years ago

May the 4th be with you (NERD)

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Sales of Aerosmith vs Batman might have changed their minds a little on that
    Think BM sales are pretty non-existent now. People having realised that, whilst not what I'd call complete, Aerosmith is the most code complete game at launch for Stern in many years, sales have taken off big time.

Aerosmith sales have taken off big time? I must have missed that info, where was that posted?

#10 2 years ago

I had a feeling..

If Star Wars had been revealed, pinside would have blown up with SW threads and posts, we will certainly know when SW is announced

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

If Star Wars had been revealed, pinside would have blown up with SW threads and posts, we will certainly know when SW is announced

True...its why i posted one.
    See if i rip van winkled something.Thanks

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Aerosmith sales have taken off big time? I must have missed that info, where was that posted?

Internal memo at Stern. Marked CONfidential.

#13 2 years ago

I anxiously waiting for the Star Wars to be announced so all the used games start hitting market, as people raise funds. And then Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Iron Maiden all hit. Hopefully there's a lot of movement with used games in the next 24 months.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I anxiously waiting for the Star Wars to be announced so all the used games start hitting market, as people raise funds. And then Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Iron Maiden all hit. Hopefully there's a lot of movement with used games in the next 24 months.

Everyone seems to keep saying that with every new title...

I keep waiting for these good deals...

#15 2 years ago

I'm patiently waiting for any pinball manufacturer to come up with something good besides all these outdated and used up themes.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm patiently waiting for any pinball manufacturer to come up with something good besides all these outdated and used up themes.

Wouldn't Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool interest you Odin? They might be comic book movie themes but they are a little left field compared to the norm releases in the genre.

My kids love Guardians more than Star Wars so hopefully by then Stern have their sh*t together as it's a favourite theme in our house!

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Wouldn't Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool interest you Odin?

I don't know. Haven't watched either.

I must be getting real picky in my old age, because I'm learning more and more that one thing I don't want in a brand new pinball machine is some novelty from my youth. I can get that by watching re-runs on TV.

#18 2 years ago

Anyone know about this?
    Is it real or virtual?

sw (resized).jpg

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Anyone know about this?
    Is it real or virtual?

Looks like a Virtuapin Cabinets cabinet.

#20 2 years ago

Steve Richie put a ST type post up on his facebook

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Glad to see they are moving forward in time now with Star Wars. Just think, maybe with the next title we will be all the way up to the 80s again.

Hopefully

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Looks like a Virtuapin Cabinets cabinet.

Virtual...has about 10 tables with a rouge one and several others.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Steve Richie put a ST type post up on his facebook

Please elaborate!

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't know. Haven't watched either.
    I must be getting real picky in my old age, because I'm learning more and more that one thing I don't want in a brand new pinball machine is some novelty from my youth. I can get that by watching re-runs on TV.

Missing out on Guardians, very entertaining.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Theres a reason i have a Gilligans in my collection.

#26 2 years ago

Steve Ritchie

I can see a tiny pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel. It's only about 3 light years away now....need to fix the warp drive, but Amazon has no parts or service. It's not like I'd expect a service man out here. I'm crazy, but I'm not stoopid!
    22 Comments

#27 2 years ago

Theres a reason i have a Gilligans in my collection.

There's the reason I don't own one. Doesn't do the TV series justice.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

George Gomez mentioned Guardians of the Galaxy a year or two ago. Does Stern now have the license for both Guardians and Deadpool now? I think a Deadpool pin would be a hit. Adult content and humour to boot.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Steve Ritchie
    I can see a tiny pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel. It's only about 3 light years away now....need to fix the warp drive, but Amazon has no parts or service. It's not like I'd expect a service man out here. I'm crazy, but I'm not stoopid!
    22 Comments

Utt ohh, maybe by the 3rd movie they will get this made.
    Thanks for posting.

#30 2 years ago

I need info on a Star Wars pin.
    Im planning on spending way to much money on pins this year. I just need to know if this one makes the cut.
    With all the new pins coming out this year where will all your money go?

#31 2 years ago

Updated title of thread bump.

#32 2 years ago

I need info on a Star Wars pin.
    Im planning on spending way to much money on pins this year. I just need to know if this one makes the cut.

No one knows anything more than you do. Hopefully it makes the cut, just not on the cabinet. You just never know with Stern these days.

#33 2 years ago

I'm sure it's next, and confident it's announced next month. This is only my guess. I've heard rumors that it's worth the wait though. Again, only rumors

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I'm sure it's next, and confident it's announced next month. This is only my guess. I've heard rumors that it's worth the wait though. Again, only rumors

This is Star Wars. People will buy it anyway.
    I know lego collector who dont care about pinball but if someone would release one about lego he will buy it in second.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Radsson:

This is Star Wars. People will buy it anyway.
    I know lego collector who dont care about pinball but if someone would release one about lego he will buy it in second.

Yep, very true.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Ghostbusters was supposed to be the second coming (and to have colour LCD) according to everyone who claimed to have seen it ... look how that turned out.

#37 2 years ago

Last rumor I heard was that it was going to be like HS2 The Getaway. :/

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Ghostbusters was supposed to be the second coming (and to have colour LCD) according to everyone who claimed to have seen it ... look how that turned out.

look for those features in the vault edition

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Turned out pretty good. DMD was a disappointment, but magna slings and Pin2K-style Ecto Googles were something fresh.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Turned out pretty good. DMD was a disappointment, but magna slings and Pin2K-style Ecto Googles were something fresh.

That's only because you don't have anything next to it to compare it to.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's only because you don't have anything next to it to compare it to.

I have a killer local pinball arcade. He has all the latest and greatest. I think one of only 3 public places to find a Big Lewbowski. GOT, Batman '66, Spider-Man vault, Star Trek, etc....

Plenty to compare it to!

#42 2 years ago

Anybody else get a glimpse of some of the custom artwork for the new Star Wars pin?

hfwIK (resized).jpg

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Anybody else get a glimpse of some of the custom artwork for the new Star Wars pin?

Our first unofficial look at the LE art package!

#44 2 years ago

Hand drawn art or I won't even consider a new SW machine.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

This is Disney we are talking about I'm 99% expecting photoshopped pre approved assets, doesn't mean it cannot be good but hand drawn SW art by say Zombie Yeti would be insane!

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

I'll take yours then.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

It depends, the hand drawn art from the DE SW never struck me as particularly great, but the art from the last few Sterns have knocked it out of the park.

#48 2 years ago

That quote doesn't sound anything like Star Wars to me - just sayin'... I mean I hope it is but I don't know. Need leaks and photos please.

#49 2 years ago

I love how many people are ready to throw money at it. My whole family is Star Wars crazy. We have all the movies and watch them pretty much every year.

As far as the pin goes I need to see it in action before I even start to get excited.

I was super jacked about Ghostbusters but the end result did not thrill me (art alone is not enough).

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think "patiently" is a bit of a stretch.

I'd say you should just start your own company. I mean, everybody else has!

You'll have the hip themes of the youth market all to yourself and can just lounge around in your bathtub full of cash for the rest of your life!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 9.95
    $ 16.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside