(Topic ID: 24150)

Did retailers or manufacturers put mounts for a lock bar on HUO pins?

By PinRaider

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Just went to look at a supposed HUO NGG. Pin was in great shape, had Williams sticker on glass, looked brand new, and had the full accessory bag stapled inside. The only thing is it had a mount on each side of the coin mech for a lock bar. Just wondering if anyone else had seen this?

#2 11 years ago

I know later Bally\Williams pins did MB for one and RFM had factory security bars mounts installed

#3 11 years ago

Yes, some machines came from the factory with the lockdown brackets already installed. Just take them off, and throw in coin door bolts and it'll look a lot better than the brackets sticking out. Did this on my CP and you would have never known there were brackets there. Of course, the cab was a lot darker than NGG so that helped.

#4 11 years ago

Yes, most WPC-95 and newer games have those brackets from the factory.

I would recommend leaving them on. There may be a difference in color (depending on cab fade) or an outline of the brackets if you remove them.

#5 11 years ago

Oh was that guy in Lino Lakes? He is super cool. I've had a few beers with him. I've seen that machine and it's a nice example. Great guy! Buy with confidence!

#6 11 years ago

Even when I restored my MM I left the holes there and just installed the bolts with no bracket.

#7 11 years ago

$3500 for NGG for me is just to much. Even if it was actually HUO, which from what you guys are saying I think it is. But great info, thanks guys.

#8 11 years ago

The proper word is 'hasp'.

The lockdown bar is the stainless device that you must remove to remove the playfield glass.

All WPC-95's and many Gottlieb games had them from the factory.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinRaider:

$3500 for NGG for me is just to much. Even if it was actually HUO, which from what you guys are saying I think it is. But great info, thanks guys.

Yeah that too much in my book.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-retailers-or-manufacturers-put-mounts-for-a-lock-bar-on-huo-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.