(Topic ID: 127668)

Did Pinball actually commit suicide?

By Blitzburgh99

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

capcom_small.JPG
    WP_20150118_014.jpg
    Bars.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Neil Nicastro wanted to kill pinball- for good.
    Not only did he shut down the lines, but he also refused to sell the pin division to any other company or individual.

OK, I have to ask: what is the rest of the backstory behind this?

I mean, for sake of argument let's accept that for whatever reason, WMS wants out of the pinball biz. Fine.

There's still literal tons of assets to sell, trade, or barter toward some sort of return: tooling, IP, patents, inventory, facilities, personnel... I mean, companies do this all the time, and you'd think it required in the interests of "maximizing shareholder value" toward the bottom line.

So why NOT sell it? What's the point? Some crackpot puritanical crusade to save the world 'cuz foozball is tha devil? A personal vendetta to screw employee(s) honed to very specific skillsets by ensuring they might never find work again by imploding the industry? Something even more ludicrous?

I mean... I don't get it...

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

They did not call him The Cocksucker for nothing.

I dunno, Vid, I think that's too kind. I mean, I get what you're saying and all. But in a generally literal sense I always presumed that cocksuckers had their reasons...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-pinball-actually-commit-suicide?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.