Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by J85M
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“After charging $175 five months ago PDI now wants another $200 for a TZ slot mod.”

• Just get your money back and move on. 70 votes
    71%
  • Stop using PDI, he's basically giving you the shaft! 26 votes
    27%
  • Pay Joey another $200 you overpaid for the mod in the first place whats $375 anyway! 2 votes
    2%
  • This is a legitimate business practice what were you thinking? 0 votes

(98 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3266 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Did he really say, "we have to have a 30-40% margin"?

I doubt a lot of the guys out there making quality mods are making 30-40% profit, I have always viewed PDI as a reseller of everyone's products at twice the price, no better than a scalper imo.

Give Lermods a shout and give him your business and money, hopefully a few guys are interested in a slot machine mod and Lermods can make a small run and really make it worth his time and effort.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

He's only giving you the shaft if you let him. Get your money back. Honestly, that makes me want to avoid PDI altogether.

I thought most people already did!?

What he charges you guys in the US for Romans non reflective glass is a piss take.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Why not keep his margin the same as what it would have been on the earlier order, no he has to increase his profit because he wants 40% of the new higher price? Wow that's just hard to believe somebody would put that in an email and admit to ripping someone off.

Just another reason people should stay clear of PDI and shop elsewhere.

Is there anything PDI sells that can't be brought anywhere else in the US?

#47 6 years ago

Weird I typed, "is there anything PDI sells that cant be brought anywhere else in the US? Other than Roman's Non-Reflective glass?", no idea what happened there

Don't know how much cheaper it would be but if it was financially worth it for you guys in the US, I don't see why someone couldnt get a bulk order in Europe and send it over to someone centrally in the US for you guys!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-pdi-give-me-the-shaft?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.