Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by radium
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

My Fathom was one of the pins used in the Georgia Pinball Open on Saturday. A few people noticed this behavior during their games:

1. Lock ball in upper saucer.
2. Drop all 3 drop targets to start multiball.
3. Re-lock ball in upper saucer while still playing multiball
4. The drop targets don't reset, so you're back to 1-ball play.
5. Once the ball drains, the drop targets do reset.

I thought this was normal behavior, and that you should avoid the saucer shots during multiball. Is this normal?

Another weird thing happened exactly one time: a player completed the left side DT bank, which dropped the final upper DT. Unfortunately the ball was kicked out of the saucer before the DT was completely down - so it bounced back into the saucer. No multiball for you!

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My Fathom was one of the pins used in the Georgia Pinball Open on Saturday. A few people noticed this behavior during their games:
1. Lock ball in upper saucer.
2. Drop all 3 drop targets to start multiball.
3. Re-lock ball in upper saucer while still playing multiball
4. The drop targets don't reset, so you're back to 1-ball play.
5. Once the ball drains, the drop targets do reset.
I thought this was normal behavior, and that you should avoid the saucer shots during multiball. Is this normal?
Another weird thing happened exactly one time: a player completed the left side DT bank, which dropped the final upper DT. Unfortunately the ball was kicked out of the saucer before the DT was completely down - so it bounced back into the saucer. No multiball for you!

It is normal behavior for Fathom. You can actually capture the ball to get your full ball multiball restarted, but it comes at a price of losing scoring while trapped, and possible drain to next ball...
The ball can also be release by the side set of drop targets (color correct).

#3 10 years ago

Yeah, re-locking balls during multiball and the drop targets not resetting is normal behavior. If this happens, you can hit the rollover in front of the ball lock saucer to release the ball. Or, like themadman said, you can his the correct color of the side drop targets.

--Luke

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Yeah, re-locking balls during multiball and the drop targets not resetting is normal behavior. If this happens, you can hit the rollover in front of the ball lock saucer to release the ball. Or, like themadman said, you can his the correct color of the side drop targets.
--Luke

Ah, then it's my bad: that star rollover wasn't working. I need to fix that.

#5 10 years ago

The star rollover won't release the ball, it's normal, it only give 50,000.
To get the multiball again you must hit the left drop target coresponding colors.

#6 10 years ago

themadman is spot on, the ball will re-lock for both saucers. You can re-release ball by finishing color-matched drops on the left; blue for lagoon, green for cave. No other way to re-release ball during your turn. Star rollover will not re-release ball.

#7 10 years ago

Really? My bad then. I guess I need to play more Fathom.

Sorry for the misinformation.

--Luke

#8 10 years ago

Your Fathom is faulty and you should sell it. To me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Green Lane, PA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-my-fathom-malfunction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.