Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140301_104156.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Chaos:

Thanks rygar, that will be a big help.
Can I start the machine with every one of those disconnected, and is there any particular order that would be best to connect one at a time after that?
With the flippers activating, is it likely that the problem is at top left there on the fliptronics board or the ribbon cable connection there? Or is that not "assumable"?
No word from anyone on whether I must switch off the machine as soon as those flippers start up activated or the fuse is blown, or if I can leave the machine on to check what led's are lit up?
It's hard to note the LED's at the same time I am scrambling for the plug to switch the machine off.
Chaos

If you power on any game and immediately any coil locks on, power the game off immediately. Best case you will blow a fuse. Worst case, you will fry board components and coils. You can try opening the coin door and see if the coils no longer lock on.

If the coils are locking on, you have a direct short to ground. It's very bad. In the game, coils are pulsed, never fully powered like that. So it's quite dangerous to the components.

You can power on with any of the ribbon cables disconnected. First step is isolate the CPU board on the lower left. It has 3 LEDs. When properly booted up, one will be in a flashing state. Remove the ribbon cables from that board and power on. If you get the flashing led, CPU booted. Time to attach the next cable.

You sure you didn't get the video and aux cable backwards? The CPU board seems to have those two cables the same size. See the photos above and make sure the cable on the far left of the CPU board is run to the small aux board not the display board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 40.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 81.95
$ 85.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-i-kill-my-demolition-man?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.