(Topic ID: 110275)

Did Data Easy make Donkey Kong pinball?

By pinballslave

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dk.gif
    #1 9 years ago

A pinball collector/dealer friend of mine said that recently there was a Donkey Kong pinball that sold on ebay.com for about $80,000!!! I was stunned for two reasons: 1) That's a ridiculous amount of money for ANY pinball, and 2) I've never heard of a Donkey Kong pinball... I asked him if he meant King Kong, and he was adamant it was Donkey Kong... He went as far as to say they made 16 of em...

No word on the IPDB about it... he said it was big gossip in the pinball world and he was surprised that I'd not heard about it...

So, did I miss out on some big news, or has the guy gone barking mad??

#2 9 years ago

He's mad.

#4 9 years ago

That's probably what he was thinking of!! Donkey Kong!! Ha!

#5 9 years ago

Dang. That is one hell of a chunk of change. I would gladly pay off a third of my mortgage with a single pinball machine.

#6 9 years ago

I call BS on your friend. I just checked the recently sold listings on eBay and going all the way back to the end of August there's NOTHING pinball related with "kong" in the listing title which was sold for more than $5,000, and everything Donkey Kong related that was sold had nothing to do with pinball, and in fact, everything King Kong related was just backglass/head stuff and not actual full pins. : P

Unless it was a private listing in which case I don't think I would've found it that way, but then how would your friend have known about it? I have a funny feeling that if he's not simply trolling you he's relaying bad second-hand information.

#7 9 years ago

The only way we can solve this....

dk.gifdk.gif

#8 9 years ago

Never heard or seen even a one of.
    I think it could be an easy video game to translate into pinball though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-data-easy-make-donkey-kong-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.