Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Seems like they might have, but it appears that if they did it was "before my time" in the hobby.....can't seem to find anything definitive on it... just wondering if I should be holding out hope that they are out there....

3 weeks later
#2 5 years ago

Bump. Anyone know? I'm putting my game back together right now and curious.

#3 5 years ago

It sounds like they have a designer working on the art work now. However, I don't know how that translates into timeline. I decided to put mine back together and replace with repro plastics if/when they become available.

#4 5 years ago

You'd think with 12,000+ games out there this would be a no brainer to get done now! I would be in for a set for sure.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

It sounds like they have a designer working on the art work now. However, I don't know how that translates into timeline. I decided to put mine back together and replace with repro plastics if/when they become available.

Yeah...this game is kinda a b--ch to strip down..... I really don't get why people think STTNG is tough to shop out. It's much easier than this game IMO. STTNG doesn't have like 90 posts that have to be washered and nylock nutted under the playfield.. >_<

#6 5 years ago

WH20 was a real treat too. Getting all the ramps installed correctly was quite the puzzle. Getaway has to be easier to get back together than WH20.

#7 5 years ago

I'm pretty certain they haven't done Getaway yet. I haven't heard anything to indicate they will, but I certainly hope they do.

#8 5 years ago

I don't know why people say that Getaway is a pain to tear down. It's fairly simple and straight foward. WH20 isn't that bad either. The ramps can be a little tricky.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

I don't know why people say that Getaway is a pain to tear down. It's fairly simple and straight foward. WH20 isn't that bad either. The ramps can be a little tricky.

Not everyone is a pinball restoration savant. Like anything, takes time to perfect a craft.

#10 5 years ago

I've shopped out a handful of games in my time and The Getaway is by far and away the easiest I have ever torn down.

#11 5 years ago

TOTAN was no picnic, that's for sure! Never did my Getaway while I had it.

Chris

#12 5 years ago

dirty harry has a lot on pieces and parts

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I've shopped out a handful of games in my time and The Getaway is by far and away the easiest I have ever torn down.

Must be a small handful. Just kidding. After completing it, I kinda see where you're coming from, but really....what REALLY killed me was all the stupid posts. If it wasn't for the fact of how absolutely filthy the game was, there's no way I would've removed those 20 posts or whatever to clean it up.... total PITA. And the stacked plastics design over the slingshots can be a real beetch too if you don't have an appropriate tool to hold the nut on the underside of the sling plastic to attach the stack to.

I still think overall it's more of a pain in the butt than the *topside* of STTNG, minus if you have to remove the cannon mounts.

#14 5 years ago

I too have wondered about a full set - that being said, you can buy pieces from these guys, they seem to have a fair number of them:
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=getaway&search_in_description=1&language=en&sort=2a&page=2

I bought a few from them and they seem to be fairly good quality - although I have yet to remove the protective paper.

There is a fair amount of work to strip it down - lot of stacked parts. But I think my F14 was a bit worse when it came to doing the backside of the play field - the GI lamp sockets on the Getaway were so much easier to remove (it bugs me when they are linked together with the metal strips and stapled everyplace - and then trying to put the staples back with my seemingly huge stapler is no fun either.

#15 5 years ago

Yeah, but 168 bucks USD plus shipping just to replace the "worst offenders" on my specific set (anything with clear plastic, and the big piece in the stack on the right that the microswitches will probably just destroy real quick again..) is a little bit nutty. I love pinballcenter, and those prices would be acceptable if I only needed like one busted plastic. Good that people can get them, just not really a viable solution for me.

#16 5 years ago

I hear you, 1 or 2 pieces is fine but anything more is pushing it. I just bought the 2 that were broken for mine even though I would like to replace several other pieces that are really warped and all the yellowed clear ones, but the price was too insane to warrant it and just bought the ones I really needed.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I have to agree, when I did mine (15 years ago), I remember doing it over a Labor Day weekend. Fastest game I ever shopped.

1 week later
#18 5 years ago

Came across this and it looks like a Getaway plastic set (and play field) are in the works - or at least they were at one time (this page dates back to 2011). Hopefully they will see the light of day...

http://www.boraspinball.se/tag/the-getaway-high-speed-ii/

#19 5 years ago

Hrm..that's kind of disappointing if the art was actually finished...hopefully it's somewhere out there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside