(Topic ID: 140142)

Did BBB cause the bubble on J-Pop & Predator?

By colorado_cabrio

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jwo825
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Did BBB help create an "investment" environment around pinball projects?”

• Yup; we all saw the BBB guys get rich! 43 votes
    35%
  • Nope; rising prices across the hobby are the problem 28 votes
    23%
  • Neither; "investing" in pinball is as good as any stock-market play 8 votes
    7%
  • Screw This Thread! 44 votes
    36%

(123 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

allentown2002-geneandpoolplayer.jpg
illinois.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from colorado_cabrio:

I think that you can trace much of the recent speculative "investment" in pinball can be traced back to Wayne Cunningham's Illinois Pinball remake of Big Bang Bar....

People who bought into the BBB project took a significant financial risk, and in the end those people basically doubled their money overnight (more or less) and may have gained significantly more over time... Now don't forget that Wayne himself lost many many thousands on that project. But the popularity and visibility of that project in the hobby generated so much interest in new made "collector models" as a possible investment vehicle...

Wayne Cunningham... heheheh

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Outside of the collectible aspect of it, is BBB really that great of a game? I played it several times at SS Billiards, and I didn't know what the fuss was all about. I put more quarters into the Taxi pin sitting next to it and that was 1/2 the price to play.

BBB is a good game, but not great. I sold my BBB but still have my Taxi - it is a better playing game. BBBs strengths are its art, music and sound effects - A+ for those. The playfield layout and rules are around a C+. It's a great game to own but won't hold your interest play-wise when you have other, better games next to it.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Love it hate it for whatever reason, BBB is and always will be a desirable game to own

But for how long? I had one for 7 years, played it a thousand times, got scores in the billions. Tired of it, time for a new game. If they remade it, I'd have a hard time spending more than 5K for one. Take away all the stories and mystique and it's just another pinball machine in the end. Is *IS* really pretty, but then again so is my MetLE...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-bbb-cause-the-bubble-on-j-pop-predator?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.